Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

More UNC CHeat Violations

MtnDevil95
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC-CH troubles

Unread post by MtnDevil95 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Funny, seems to me that NC State lost a beloved head basketball coach in the 1980's due to a shoe sales allegation leaked by a certain nose in CHeater land . . . is it no longer a big deal to sell team stuff?
“When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows.”

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm

Careful...The Holes could steal our coach....
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Re: More UNC CHeat Violations

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am

Maybe UNC wont come after our coach post Fedora
BLACK SATURDAY

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 pm

I despise UNC, but come on...they sold shoes. Should they be punished, YES...because it IS a rule and they broke it. But it's a bad rule, everyone knows it, and it should be changed. The coaches and admins get off without any punishment for 20 years of cheating...and up in Columbus, Urban is likely to keep his job despite having a domestic abuser on staff and then lying about it.....but let a player try to get one dime of the hundreds of millions of dollars being generated, and the hammer drops.

HeffnerIV

Unread post by HeffnerIV » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:45 pm
I despise UNC, but come on...they sold shoes. Should they be punished, YES...because it IS a rule and they broke it. But it's a bad rule, everyone knows it, and it should be changed. The coaches and admins get off without any punishment for 20 years of cheating...and up in Columbus, Urban is likely to keep his job despite having a domestic abuser on staff and then lying about it.....but let a player try to get one dime of the hundreds of millions of dollars being generated, and the hammer drops.
I agree, but my issue is with how V was run out of Raleigh for the same violations, IIRC. They're slippery, that's for sure

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Guys the rule isn’t stupid. It’s a hard line to avoid big donors paying for something from the athlete as a way around paying them directly.

You don’t get to choose which rules you consider to be stupid and only follow those in life either. They are the same for all operate within them. Pretty simple.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 pm

https://es.pn/2vWJXJd
Appears other schools have players selling shoes.
Bring Your A Game!

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:21 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:18 pm
Guys the rule isn’t stupid. It’s a hard line to avoid big donors paying for something from the athlete as a way around paying them directly.

You don’t get to choose which rules you consider to be stupid and only follow those in life either. They are the same for all operate within them. Pretty simple.
When I worked at WASU as a student, I did a genre-specific specialty music show and every promo CD (we still used those in my time) within that genre sent to the station was given to me to keep. Don't you know every disc I wasnt going to use for the show and not marked "not for resale" went to Fat Cats in exchange for beer money. Was it a copyright violation? Maybe, but the way I saw it once the station gave it to me, it became my property and I was within my rights to sell my property for a fair market price. In my case, I could rarely get a dollar or two, as it was usually some really obscure crap.

I see student athletes no different. As long as they are selling their gear at a reasonable and fair market price, what's the harm? For example, what would be wrong with an athlete selling an unused practice t-shirt to another student for $10? But if they were "selling" it to a donor for $500, we would have a problem.

A hardline rule is certainly easier to enforce, and since it is the rule, it should be enforced. But I'm not sure I comfortable with it.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:51 am

Doesn’t matter if individuals are comfortable with rules. Follow them, if enough disagree go through the appropriate channels to change them. Lastly be careful what you wish for college athletics at G5 programs as they now exist will change drastically once we start going to a “market” based payment system of the players.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 am
UNCAA is a joke. Alternating suspensions for player safety??? lol https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 119981628/

Too bad they didn't make these shoes available to regular students so they could sell them too.... Or maybe their players not understanding they couldn't sell merchandise was a typo....
Seriously,

If this happened to us, ECU or UNCC they'd nail us to a cross.

NCAA's beginning to rival FIFA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”