Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Satterfield

Saint3333

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am

$750k-$1M for the next 25 years in Boone isn't a bad living.

It will come down to wanting to compete at the highest level if he leaves. I can't blame any one who wants to go head to head week in and week out against the best coaches.

He's got two great options in the near future. The good news is he doesn't have to jump at the first opportunity, want for the one that puts him in the best position to be competitive at the P5 level. UNC-CH historically isn't that program.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:36 am

Rick83 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:03 pm
sixtoes9134 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:59 pm
Fedora got a contract extension last year until 2022. It will cost UNC a lot of money to buy out Fedora right now.
Yep, $14 million...for this year, drops to only $10 million next year. He must have had one helluva agent.
That or he has some very valuable information...

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:38 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am
$750k-$1M for the next 25 years in Boone isn't a bad living.

It will come down to wanting to compete at the highest level if he leaves. I can't blame any one who wants to go head to head week in and week out against the best coaches.

He's got two great options in the near future. The good news is he doesn't have to jump at the first opportunity, want for the one that puts him in the best position to be competitive at the P5 level. UNC-CH historically isn't that program.
Right, he's said before he also wants to wait for his kids to finish High School if possible, which will be about 2021, when his contact is up. I have no question he'll probably leave, but I don't think it'll be for UNC, it'll be a P5 at a great school looking to improve, in these next couple years.
If he goes to UNC, it'll be more about the location than anything else. But I'm betting with this new agent, he has something will be in the works over these next 2 years.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:44 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm
I know the money would be good but I’m not sure Satterfield wants that train wreck
At some point Satterfield will (and should) leave App for an opportunity to cash-in on the great job he has done in Boone. When he does, I can only wish him the best. But I really think if he takes the job at UNC, it will be the end of his career as a head coach. I don't think he can be sucessfull there. He'll be there a few years and get fired. I will be happy to see Satterfield go, but for a better job. And while the money in Chapel Hill will be better, it is not a good job.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 am

Satterfield didn't hire the big time agent to stay in Boone for the remainder of his career. As much as we would love that, it isn't going to happen. That said, he didn't hire that agent to jump into a dumpster fire, or an ethics situation either. I also don't think he will want to jump into a situation where football is #2, and where there is no tradition for that sport but the fan base suffers from delusions of grandeur. That would be a career ending situation and I think he loves coaching too much for that. Satterfield enjoys building teams, developing players and winning football games.

I think UNC's ego will look for a name to fix their problems anyway. I doubt they look at any G5 coach this time. Could be wrong of course.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 am
Satterfield didn't hire the big time agent to stay in Boone for the remainder of his career. As much as we would love that, it isn't going to happen. That said, he didn't hire that agent to jump into a dumpster fire, or an ethics situation either. I also don't think he will want to jump into a situation where football is #2, and where there is no tradition for that sport but the fan base suffers from delusions of grandeur. That would be a career ending situation and I think he loves coaching too much for that. Satterfield enjoys building teams, developing players and winning football games.

I think UNC's ego will look for a name to fix their problems anyway. I doubt they look at any G5 coach this time. Could be wrong of course.
I dont know...the last App coach they hired was the most successful they have had in a long time.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am

If he is able to sustain his success here at App there is an extremely slim chance he stays through his contract. Let's just be happy we have him now and be happy for him if/when he gets an opportunity to compete at a higher level.
Last edited by mikeyosef on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:54 am
Yosef84 wrote:

I dont know...the last App coach they hired was the most successful they have had in a long time.
True, but they didn't hire him directly from App.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:37 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 am
Scott Satterfield is App State Football. Whenever someone considers another job one must decide what (Location, Job Satisfaction or Money) is most important and make your decision from there. You can usually get your #1 priority, sometimes you can get your #1and #2 priorities. However, there are very few career moves out there that give you all three. For me, when I faced a move/career change my family and I made our decision with this rank order. Hopefully, Coach Satterfield will continue to have similar priorities.

1. Location
2. Job Satisfaction
3. Money $$$
I totally agree and I'd like to add points 4, 5 & 6...

4. He has stated he wants to keep his family in Boone through High School.
5. This team has so many young good players with the potential to do what Scott Frost did at UCF last year.
6. I think he wants his own "Michigan" game. A cherry on top to go with bowl wins & conference titles. This could be the exclamation point when he is selling himself to a new school.

He strikes me as the type that won't "step off a sound ship and onto a sinking one". With all that said, who in their right mind turns down $1.5 million?

I hope he stays for as long as he wants/can and when he leaves I'll be happy for him. He has done so much for this program and he deserves what we can't give him when its time.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Speaking of, maybe they can rehire Mack Brown.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:03 am

AppFan11 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 pm
I don’t think it is surprising that this talk is floating around. I also heard this talk on 105.5 fm out of Greenville, SC. Really it’s a no-brainer. The big question is do the numbers work for UNC. While more recently, P5 coordinators have been selected, it is not the only way. All you have to look at Chris Peterson at Washington. I have felt that Scott is taking that approach. You can argue that we are not at the level of Bosie a few years ago..... but close enough. Scott’s consistency is very attractive.
Then find a new radio station. Lol. ESPN Upstate. Analysis, 'voices of' programs, local, regional, and national writers all the time.

(I produce the 4-7pm show)
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:17 am

Would Satt leave App to coach at Delusional U? Y’all know that school. Big time boosters expect said school to compete for the National Championship every year and don’t tolerate either rebuilding or a down year. He can also go to Middle of the Pack U- bigger paychecks but constant 7-5 seasons because said school can’t compete with the traditionally stronger schools in the conference. Could also go to Lots of Money no win U. That school with more money than App can ever pay but with no real chance of ever doing anything. Beyond those programs there are only a few really strong ones with legit chances of grabbing titles. I hope he stays for many more years but if he triple his pay and have a shot at bowl wins beyond the Dollar Tree General Mills then go for it.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm

My worst fear for Scott is that he'll end up at some Ego State U with a violation/investigation/probation reputation and that he'll get burned-at-the-stake by the big-donor types when he refuses to get in line with the boss hogg agenda of under-the-table football program administration. Anyone remember a guy named Sparky Woods? That was 30 years ago, but boss hogg football admin still lives in P5.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:56 pm
Baby Kiffin is a higher profile resume, who has had short stints at big name schools. Satterfield gets a lot out of his talent and runs a clean program to our knowledge, whereas Kiff hasn't. UNC would be a step down currently in the directions of each program, but about $1-1.5 million pay raise. How many on here would turn that down. if you say yes, you probably aren't telling the truth. If UNC is smart they will at least talk to him, but they are probably too arrogant to reach so low.

Since when has UNC-Chapel Hell been concerned about a clean program other than PR?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:54 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Speaking of, maybe they can rehire Mack Brown.
Mack Brown? They ran him off the first time then bitched because he left.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:56 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:37 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 am
Scott Satterfield is App State Football. Whenever someone considers another job one must decide what (Location, Job Satisfaction or Money) is most important and make your decision from there. You can usually get your #1 priority, sometimes you can get your #1and #2 priorities. However, there are very few career moves out there that give you all three. For me, when I faced a move/career change my family and I made our decision with this rank order. Hopefully, Coach Satterfield will continue to have similar priorities.

1. Location
2. Job Satisfaction
3. Money $$$
I totally agree and I'd like to add points 4, 5 & 6...

4. He has stated he wants to keep his family in Boone through High School.
5. This team has so many young good players with the potential to do what Scott Frost did at UCF last year.
6. I think he wants his own "Michigan" game. A cherry on top to go with bowl wins & conference titles. This could be the exclamation point when he is selling himself to a new school.

He strikes me as the type that won't "step off a sound ship and onto a sinking one". With all that said, who in their right mind turns down $1.5 million?

I hope he stays for as long as he wants/can and when he leaves I'll be happy for him. He has done so much for this program and he deserves what we can't give him when its time.
When you seriously consider the perks/salary at App, it won't be long before he will be earning a mil here.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:02 pm

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 pm
Satt doesn't seem like the kind of guy to let money make all his decisions. Granted I don't know the guy from Adam but he seems like a true mountaineer through and through. He just strikes me as a legacy guy.

We've had multitudes of those who have left.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:05 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Here we go again...

So? The level of redundancy on all topics on here is extreme.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 pm
Coach Fedora is not the problem at unc. Them fellers have to go to class now and they dont like it one little bit. No sir! Its not what they r gittin paid for.
They wont improve until they get recruits who understand that classes and homework r required.
I hope Coach S. understands that. Nothing will improve for 3 years at least. He should stay at app.

Excellent point.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm

I go reference my acquaintance with Bob McKillop at Davidson. He had multiple opportunities to leave Davidson even after his kids graduated HS. Ultimately he like the community, the school and decided how much money does one really need? Who knows maybe lightning strikes twice?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”