Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia State Coach Injures Himself

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia State Coach Injures Himself

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Shawn was App State royalty..... now he coaches at a competitor. I hope there is no truth to him “throwing us under the bus during recruiting”. App State clearly afforded him the opportunity to be recognized nationally.
The Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 am

Shawn approaches life like he approaches touchdowns; With enthusiasm, passion, and heart. Nothing wrong with Shawn. If you walked up and told him that he was a dumbass for tearing his bicep in that manner, he would probably laugh and tell you that you are right.

asugoapps

Unread post by asugoapps » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:28 am

Go Shawn! I’ve always loved his passion for the game.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:22 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:13 pm
appchicago wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:07 pm
It's not like he was acting ridiculous. If you watch the video, he's just a passionate, exuberant coach. Things happen. Never get old.

And I get that we're supposed to dislike our competition, blah blah blah, but Shawn was an active member of our team, either as a player or a coach, for 17 years. There were many who would have picked him over Satt back in 2012/13, and while I'm glad Satt's our coach, I would have been happy either way. Who knows? Maybe we'll see him in black and gold again before it's all over.
So why did he leave? If it was mostly money, his loyalty is in question. If it was for the higher position, a little better reason. Perhaps we can get him back sometime in the future.
This is a dumb comment.
Remember, Shawn left App to go to SC, at a time when App was still in FCS. We aren’t talking about going to a rival school for a few dollars more. He left an FCS school to go to an P5 conference.
Only after a successful tenure of coaching and rising through the ranks at SC did he move to further his career and experience to become the HC at Ga State. No one can blame him for that, and honestly, what would his career path look like today if he had stayed at App?
I have no problem with his decisions to further his career and money situation.

Potentially throwing app under the bus on the recruiting trail is another (alleged) issue. I have a problem not only because it being his alma mater, but using the card he does to sway student athletes away from App. Again, allegedly, I have no inside knowledge of this or first hand account, but I believe it was a very respected and trusted member of this forum who mentioned that.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am

The Rock wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:22 am
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:
It's not like he was acting ridiculous. If you watch the video, he's just a passionate, exuberant coach. Things happen. Never get old.

And I get that we're supposed to dislike our competition, blah blah blah, but Shawn was an active member of our team, either as a player or a coach, for 17 years. There were many who would have picked him over Satt back in 2012/13, and while I'm glad Satt's our coach, I would have been happy either way. Who knows? Maybe we'll see him in black and gold again before it's all over.
So why did he leave? If it was mostly money, his loyalty is in question. If it was for the higher position, a little better reason. Perhaps we can get him back sometime in the future.
This is a dumb comment.
Remember, Shawn left App to go to SC, at a time when App was still in FCS. We aren’t talking about going to a rival school for a few dollars more. He left an FCS school to go to an P5 conference.
Only after a successful tenure of coaching and rising through the ranks at SC did he move to further his career and experience to become the HC at Ga State. No one can blame him for that, and honestly, what would his career path look like today if he had stayed at App?

Potentially throwing app under the bus on the recruiting trail is another (alleged) issue. I have a problem not only because it being his alma mater, but using the card he does to sway student athletes away from App. Again, allegedly, I have no inside knowledge of this or first hand account, but I believe it was a very respected and trusted member of this forum who mentioned that.
Thank you for your opinion. Everybody has one. As to his leaving for USC while we were only FCS...he should have stuck around. Look where we are NOW. Look where he is now...Cobbville, one of the doormats of the conference.

Not so black and gold is he now?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

Thank you for your opinion. Everybody has one. As to his leaving for USC while we were only FCS...he should have stuck around. Look where we are NOW. Look where he is now...Cobbville, one of the doormats of the conference.

YEAH! How dare he leave FCS Appalachian State to go coach at D-1 SEC South Carolina under Steve Spurrier!!!! He ain't loyal! /s

For context, Shawn is being paid $500,000 a year as the HC at GA State. Last year, Nate Woody was App's highest paid assistant and he made $175,000 a year. That wouldn't be a hard decision for me, but maybe I'm not loyal enough.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am

NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

I have to call you on this one. If he had stayed he would still be an assistant coach. He is now a head coach. He will not be there forever just as Scott will not be here forever. As far as your Black and Gold comment let's put it in another light. A person gets their under grad from App, then even stays for a masters then a Doctorate. I know not likely but stay with me. Now all of a sudden they get an offer to teach at another university. Should that person say " No I can't do that, I would be a traitor to APP" ? If this University is not about growth for all it's alumni then I an VERY disappointed.

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm

NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

Cline, you've made some dumb comments on this board, but this one has to have cracked the Top 10. Come on, man! What do you say about T. Lamb?? I'm sure he could have been a GA at App right now...is he not loyal either?

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Boone Goon wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

Cline, you've made some dumb comments on this board, but this one has to have cracked the Top 10. Come on, man! What do you say about T. Lamb?? I'm sure he could have been a GA at App right now...is he not loyal either?
There's no way Lamb is loyal! He was a Furman kid and he went to App. Obvious traitor! :lol: :lol: :lol:

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:30 pm
Boone Goon wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

There's no way Lamb is loyal! He was a Furman kid and he went to App. Obvious traitor! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I said when Lamb was recruited and the news broke that this was nothing more than a plant to undermine the entire App campus. Lamb was and still is playing the long con with us. Look at what happened-he did a great job as QB for 4 years and took us to heights we have not had before with 3 straight bowl wins. I remember seeing him on the sideine at Elon as a redshirt freshman tossing the ball around. I told my wife to keep an eye on him.....he can't trusted. Those tweets he sent out about how great Zac Thomas did and how proud he was of Zac-those were just to throw us off his tail. I am just glad I am not the only one seeing this now for what it is. ;)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BlueCreekAppFan

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I think I remember this quote right... "If you want to be a freak, you gotta train like a freak". That from the Fox Sports special about preparation for the first Michigan game.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Boone Goon wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

I said when Lamb was recruited and the news broke that this was nothing more than a plant to undermine the entire App campus. Lamb was and still is playing the long con with us. Look at what happened-he did a great job as QB for 4 years and took us to heights we have not had before with 3 straight bowl wins. I remember seeing him on the sideine at Elon as a redshirt freshman tossing the ball around. I told my wife to keep an eye on him.....he can't trusted. Those tweets he sent out about how great Zac Thomas did and how proud he was of Zac-those were just to throw us off his tail. I am just glad I am not the only one seeing this now for what it is. ;)
Just wish I hadn't been so blind for so long, should have seen it coming! Dang his athletic ability and charm, had me completely fooled.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 pm

bcoach wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appchicago wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

I have to call you on this one. If he had stayed he would still be an assistant coach. He is now a head coach. He will not be there forever just as Scott will not be here forever. As far as your Black and Gold comment let's put it in another light. A person gets their under grad from App, then even stays for a masters then a Doctorate. I know not likely but stay with me. Now all of a sudden they get an offer to teach at another university. Should that person say " No I can't do that, I would be a traitor to APP" ? If this University is not about growth for all it's alumni then I an VERY disappointed.
As I implied, if he did it for money, I lost some respect,. If he did it for a higher position, I don't lose as much respect. However, if he had stayed at App, he might have eventually had both and be at his alma mater he presumably loves so much.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:47 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Boone Goon wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

Can't see the relevance. Lamb went no where for money. Maybe a job. That's OK.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Lamb is a grad assistant at USC in Columbia I do believe.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 pm
bcoach wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

As I implied, if he did it for money, I lost some respect,. If he did it for a higher position, I don't lose as much respect. However, if he had stayed at App, he might have eventually had both and be at his alma mater he presumably loves so much.
I have known him since he was a player. Your take on this is ridiculous. You have no idea in the world what you are talking about. He loves this University and always will. Your opinion that someone should stay here forever and not grow to their potential is just beyond belief. Even if it was for more money you consider him to be a traitor? Is the mission of this university to be a cult you can not leave or you are shunned? I just don't know what planet this thinking comes from but I am glad it is not shared by the vast majority. What in the world are you going to say about Scott when he leaves again? You now have a free shot as this is my last word on this.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:
NewApp wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

You're right. I mean, Dabo Swinney coaching and taking Clemson to new heights is just blasphemous. He should still be an assistant at his alma mater Alabama!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:51 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

You're right. I mean, Dabo Swinney coaching and taking Clemson to new heights is just blasphemous. He should still be an assistant at his alma mater Alabama!

Guess, I'm just different than Elliot and you guys. I'd rather be at my beloved ASU for less money and less status.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pm

bcoach wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
NewApp wrote:
The Rock wrote:

This is a dumb comment.

I have known him since he was a player. Your take on this is ridiculous. You have no idea in the world what you are talking about. He loves this University and always will. Your opinion that someone should stay here forever and not grow to their potential is just beyond belief. Even if it was for more money you consider him to be a traitor? Is the mission of this university to be a cult you can not leave or you are shunned? I just don't know what planet this thinking comes from but I am glad it is not shared by the vast majority. What in the world are you going to say about Scott when he leaves again? You now have a free shot as this is my last word on this.
Like I just said in another post, I had rather be at my beloved ASU than somewhere else for more money and a higher position. If that is ridiculous, so be it. I stand by it. Boone is heaven.
As to when Scott leaves, I will just say he is leaving heaven for more money and/ or higher status. His choice and I won't begrudge it.
Google SUX

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am

I love the fact that our former players and coaches grow into higher level level coaching positions elsewhere; it showcases the fact that we've got one hell of a football program producing quality prospects that are in demand. I would even think that any recruits thinking of coaching as a career might consider App due to the fact that we're spawning coaches. Any former player or coach that gets a promotion to anywhere else gets my support until they play us, then it's "game on."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”