Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Georgia State Coach Injures Himself

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Georgia State Coach Injures Himself

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:46 am
I love the fact that our former players and coaches grow into higher level level coaching positions elsewhere; it showcases the fact that we've got one hell of a football program producing quality prospects that are in demand. I would even think that any recruits thinking of coaching as a career might consider App due to the fact that we're spawning coaches. Any former player or coach that gets a promotion to anywhere else gets my support until they play us, then it's "game on."
I do too, but I no longer am gullible enough to believe that black and gold still runs in their veins.
They may be grateful, but still.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

bcoach wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 pm
bcoach wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am
NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am
The Rock wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:22 am

This is a dumb comment.
Remember, Shawn left App to go to SC, at a time when App was still in FCS. We aren’t talking about going to a rival school for a few dollars more. He left an FCS school to go to an P5 conference.
Only after a successful tenure of coaching and rising through the ranks at SC did he move to further his career and experience to become the HC at Ga State. No one can blame him for that, and honestly, what would his career path look like today if he had stayed at App?
I have no problem with his decisions to further his career and money situation.

Potentially throwing app under the bus on the recruiting trail is another (alleged) issue. I have a problem not only because it being his alma mater, but using the card he does to sway student athletes away from App. Again, allegedly, I have no inside knowledge of this or first hand account, but I believe it was a very respected and trusted member of this forum who mentioned that.
Thank you for your opinion. Everybody has one. As to his leaving for USC while we were only FCS...he should have stuck around. Look where we are NOW. Look where he is now...Cobbville, one of the doormats of the conference.

Not so black and gold is he now?
I have to call you on this one. If he had stayed he would still be an assistant coach. He is now a head coach. He will not be there forever just as Scott will not be here forever. As far as your Black and Gold comment let's put it in another light. A person gets their under grad from App, then even stays for a masters then a Doctorate. I know not likely but stay with me. Now all of a sudden they get an offer to teach at another university. Should that person say " No I can't do that, I would be a traitor to APP" ? If this University is not about growth for all it's alumni then I an VERY disappointed.
As I implied, if he did it for money, I lost some respect,. If he did it for a higher position, I don't lose as much respect. However, if he had stayed at App, he might have eventually had both and be at his alma mater he presumably loves so much.
I have known him since he was a player. Your take on this is ridiculous. You have no idea in the world what you are talking about. He loves this University and always will. Your opinion that someone should stay here forever and not grow to their potential is just beyond belief. Even if it was for more money you consider him to be a traitor? Is the mission of this university to be a cult you can not leave or you are shunned? I just don't know what planet this thinking comes from but I am glad it is not shared by the vast majority. What in the world are you going to say about Scott when he leaves again? You now have a free shot as this is my last word on this.
I will say Scott may love the university, but in no way does he still bleed black and gold if he leaves. When Scott leaves again, I will simply say, he got his start at ASU and moved on. I will still say he loved the university, but that he no longer bleeds the black and gold. Simple as that. Does Mack Brown still bleed black and gold? Does Sparky Wood? Does Charlie Cobb?
Last edited by NewApp on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google SUX

brocktune90

Unread post by brocktune90 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm

So you don't think our head coach bleeds black & gold? What is your threshold and how is it measured?

Scott attended/played/graduated/ and still coaches here. The others that you listed did not.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:09 pm

In the end, it’s a business. If/when SS moves on to another job, I’ll thank him for a job well done and wish him well. Unless he goes to CHeat. Then I’ll thank him for a job well done and wish him failure.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:37 pm

brocktune90 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 pm
So you don't think our head coach bleeds black & gold? What is your threshold and how is it measured?

Scott attended/played/graduated/ and still coaches here. The others that you listed did not.

Yes, I think Scott bleeds black and gold, but if he goes to UNC-Chapel Hill, he will then bleed Carolina Blue. If he goes to NC State, he will then bleed red and black. Etc. Simple as that.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:38 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:09 pm
In the end, it’s a business. If/when SS moves on to another job, I’ll thank him for a job well done and wish him well. Unless he goes to CHeat. Then I’ll thank him for a job well done and wish him failure.
Same here. You are basically saying what I am saying.
Google SUX

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Shawn is sucking it up and still his usual self on the sidelines tonight. They are playing Memphis tonight on ESPN. Down 21-10 in 2nd qtr. I wish them well...until they come to play App State.
Give Em Hell!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Memphis is tough.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 pm

87ASUgrad wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 pm
Shawn is sucking it up and still his usual self on the sidelines tonight. They are playing Memphis tonight on ESPN. Down 21-10 in 2nd qtr. I wish them well...until they come to play App State.
...or if they are a place ahead of us in the standings.
Google SUX

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 pm

When they come to Boone I wish for snow...

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Memphis' offense might be the best in the G5. But Georgia State's defense is terrible.

GSU needs that QB to make plays and find Penny Hart if they want to sniff six wins.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:15 am

After watching Georgia State last night, I'd be shocked if they got 6 w's

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:26 am

If they get 6 Ws, it says a lot as to how far the conference is behind the AAC.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”