Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Walking an drinking

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Re: Walking an drinking

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:55 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:14 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 am
Look at it like this... Your life is so blessed that this is what you have to complain about. Life's good!
I missed the damn kick off and Nat Anthem because these drunks didn't care enough about the game to walk instead of staggering and strolling. Didn't help that the will call attendant wrongly sent me all the way up to the East gate for my will call tickets after standing in line 15 minutes while she chit chatted with fellow students. Our student workers need some damn training. All of them!
You my friend should have gotten your butt up earlier! Quit complaining

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Buy season tickets, you don't worry about will call.
Bring Your A Game!

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

iambhooper wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:31 pm
Maybe if you carried a roadie, from wherever you tailgate to the stadium, it wouldn't bother you so much.

I've pretty much been doing that, for 34 seasons it works for me. Also, this was Gardner Web.... if we had played Southern Miss, last week the crowd, would have been a lot smaller and a lot quieter!

Thank you for your support!
Forgive me if I misunderstood, but If by a “roadie” you mean a beer I’d be careful. I talked to a few friends who got open containers yesterday. When I saw this thread title I was thinking that’s what this thread would be about. I saw people getting stopped everywhere.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:58 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 pm
Buy season tickets, you don't worry about will call.
You gonna pay for them and let me sell the ones for the games I have to miss? Alrighty then.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:59 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm
iambhooper wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:31 pm
Maybe if you carried a roadie, from wherever you tailgate to the stadium, it wouldn't bother you so much.

I've pretty much been doing that, for 34 seasons it works for me. Also, this was Gardner Web.... if we had played Southern Miss, last week the crowd, would have been a lot smaller and a lot quieter!

Thank you for your support!
Forgive me if I misunderstood, but If by a “roadie” you mean a beer I’d be careful. I talked to a few friends who got open containers yesterday. When I saw this thread title I was thinking that’s what this thread would be about. I saw people getting stopped everywhere.
Good.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:55 pm
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Look at it like this... Your life is so blessed that this is what you have to complain about. Life's good!
I missed the damn kick off and Nat Anthem because these drunks didn't care enough about the game to walk instead of staggering and strolling. Didn't help that the will call attendant wrongly sent me all the way up to the East gate for my will call tickets after standing in line 15 minutes while she chit chatted with fellow students. Our student workers need some damn training. All of them!
You my friend must not have read my other posts. It was either leave when we did and get there just in time or miss the game and listen to it on WKBC. Quit commenting before you read all the thread.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 pm

8993 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:37 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:19 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Excellent life but no thanks to drunken slops. No thanks to drunken lazy slobs disguised as my alma mater's students and alumni.
So, because they don't live life the way you do, they are disguised as App State lovers? I'm sorry, but that is a very sad perspective in life. I will continue to support and care for every App State student, alum, faculty member, staff member, and community member. Just because we don't carry the same values or, in this case, blood alcohol content, doesn't mean they are 'slobs' or anything of the sort.

The Appalachian way is to care for all, as you don't know what others are going through, not to hastily judge them because they mildly inconvienced you.
Just expect them to have a little consideration for others. That's all. If that is expecting too much, then so be it.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:03 pm

fjblair wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:40 pm
This is one of the most ridiculous threads I've ever seen. Pathetic really.
Then don't f'n read it. Simple.
Google SUX

Unread post by 8993 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 pm
8993 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Excellent life but no thanks to drunken slops. No thanks to drunken lazy slobs disguised as my alma mater's students and alumni.
So, because they don't live life the way you do, they are disguised as App State lovers? I'm sorry, but that is a very sad perspective in life. I will continue to support and care for every App State student, alum, faculty member, staff member, and community member. Just because we don't carry the same values or, in this case, blood alcohol content, doesn't mean they are 'slobs' or anything of the sort.

The Appalachian way is to care for all, as you don't know what others are going through, not to hastily judge them because they mildly inconvienced you.
Just expect them to have a little consideration for others. That's all. If that is expecting too much, then so be it.
Doesn't that go both ways, though? If you expect others to be considerate of you, you have to be considerate of others. Calling them "slobs" isn't being considerate. They likely had no clue that they were causing you a mild inconvenience.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:25 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
You my friend must not have read my other posts. It was either leave when we did and get there just in time or miss the game and listen to it on WKBC. Quit commenting before you read all the thread.
You sound like a spoiled child just saying.

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:39 am
Why in Hades do young healthy people walk so darn slow up the hill and steps while they are drinking or have been? Took me twice as long to get up to the stadium as it would have if we had been by ourselves on a non game day, and geez, I'm considered a senior citizen. They acted like the game was just an incidental thing in their week end.
I would wager at least 50% of the fans couldn't tell you what the final score was and another 10% couldn't tell you who we played yesterday.
GUYS, WE MADE IT. WE ARE HERE. You want to know how I know we have a great football team? Ya'll on here have to find things as stupid as this to complain about.

In summary, Appalachian State is good at tackle football and that's all that matters.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:08 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Is it bad that when I read the title and knew it was a complaint thread I just assumed it was started by Cline?
Umm, first of all, smart arse, I haven't used Cline in four or five years. Try to keep up. Second of all, I made more positive posts on this board today than everyone else combined. Reading is fundamental. :roll:
Of course you haven't used Cline in 4 or 5 years... You're just his friend from NC State!

You started two threads yesterday.. one complaining about people walking slower than you wanted to and one complaining about the lack of cheering on east side.
Yep. And still made more positive comments than anybody else on this board today. Reading is fundamental, cronie bandwagoner. BTW, they weren't just walking slower than me, they were walking slower than most of the other fans trying to get to the game. Created bottle necks and people having to step out in front of cars.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:25 pm
NewApp wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Nope. Not spoiled. I've been to more college games in person than you have seen on TV, probably.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm

8993 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:09 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:02 pm
8993 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:

Doesn't that go both ways, though? If you expect others to be considerate of you, you have to be considerate of others. Calling them "slobs" isn't being considerate. They likely had no clue that they were causing you a mild inconvenience.
They were slobs yesterday and no, I was polite to everyone. Including the out of place ticket booth student clerk who with dozens of people in line sat and chit chatted with her friends.
Google SUX

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Nope. Not spoiled. I've been to more college games in person than you have seen on TV, probably.
How old are you poindexter? My first game was in 79 and a half ... while I don’t remember and I was 1 and a 1/2 years old I’m pretty sure I wasn’t complaining about slow drunk people!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm

Cline got what he wanted with this thread, attention. Please stop the madness.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:14 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Is it bad that when I read the title and knew it was a complaint thread I just assumed it was started by Cline?
Umm, first of all, smart arse, I haven't used Cline in four or five years. Try to keep up. Second of all, I made more positive posts on this board today than everyone else combined. Reading is fundamental. :roll:
Donald, is that you??

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 am

mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
You sound like one, too.

You sound like one, too. One who doesn't read all the context before you spout off.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:27 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:28 pm
Cline got what he wanted with this thread, attention. Please stop the madness.
You couldn't be more wrong. That's what you wanted when you rebutted. And you got it. I stand by my posts. Pot kettle.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:31 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:54 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
NewApp wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:

How old are you poindexter? My first game was in 79 and a half ... while I don’t remember and I was 1 and a 1/2 years old I’m pretty sure I wasn’t complaining about slow drunk people!
Started when I was 16 and am now 70+. Used to buy season tickets when I wasn't working Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Now I can't afford season tickets as all my "extra" money goes into college for my 13 year old adopted son and helping four grand children. Don't mind slow drunk people except when they are underage, obnoxious, littering, or interfering with other people's enjoyment and or safety.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”