Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Liberty takes down Troy

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Re: Liberty takes down Troy

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:01 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:21 pm
You guys are wayyyyyyyyy too worried about being ranked.
It sounds like the Todd is wayyyy too worried about the flames winning.
I love seeing a good Christian college get a good win and further their program. I have no allegiance to Troy. I'm glad the Flames won. And for the person that said GS stinks.... I'd think long and hard about that statement. That will be will our toughest conference game. I could give two rats behinds what other Sunbelt schools do. If they play a team I don't like I'll cheer for them. If they play a team I like then I'll cheer against them. It's real simple. Applachiabn is Appalachian. The rest of the conference could lose ever game they ever play. If App wins all their games it makes no difference. We didn't beat Penn State, we should have, but we didn't. We win that game and no one gives two rats behinds about Troy and Ark St. Again, you guys are way too worried about being ranked. Itll be great if we get it, but if we don't, we don't. We still go play to win. Until we actually beat Tenn, Penn St, Miami, Wake Forest, Georgia.... We aren't going to big bowls. Snap back to reality folks.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:59 pm

Not good for the Fun Belt.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Its the ScumBelt

And for you Pollsters, Penn State just got us again by losing to Michigan St
BLACK SATURDAY

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 pm

*sigh*. I would just love to get out of this conference and into the American or something....but Todd is right, let’s just take care of our business and beat every team we play. The dominoes will fall as they will.... control the controllables and let everything else work itself out.
The Appalachian State

appstate2008

Unread post by appstate2008 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:50 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
I love seeing a good Christian college get a good win and further their program. I have no allegiance to Troy. I'm glad the Flames won. And for the person that said GS stinks.... I'd think long and hard about that statement. That will be will our toughest conference game. I could give two rats behinds what other Sunbelt schools do. If they play a team I don't like I'll cheer for them. If they play a team I like then I'll cheer against them. It's real simple. Applachiabn is Appalachian. The rest of the conference could lose ever game they ever play. If App wins all their games it makes no difference. We didn't beat Penn State, we should have, but we didn't. We win that game and no one gives two rats behinds about Troy and Ark St. Again, you guys are way too worried about being ranked. Itll be great if we get it, but if we don't, we don't. We still go play to win. Until we actually beat Tenn, Penn St, Miami, Wake Forest, Georgia.... We aren't going to big bowls. Snap back to reality folks.
Shave your mustache and switch to decaf. Also, if you don’t root for our conference to do well when it directly ($$$) impacts our university, you are not very smart. But by all means, do what makes you feel good; ignorance is bliss!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 pm

appstate2008 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:31 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
Shave your mustache and switch to decaf. Also, if you don’t root for our conference to do well when it directly ($$$) impacts our university, you are not very smart. But by all means, do what makes you feel good; ignorance is bliss!
I'm not smart? I am smart enough to realize that who I pull for in now way influences the game. The fact I wanted Liberty win had absolutely no effect on Troy laying an egg....

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 pm
appstate2008 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
I'm not smart? I am smart enough to realize that who I pull for in now way influences the game. The fact I wanted Liberty win had absolutely no effect on Troy laying an egg....
You think we’re saying you pulling for liberty made Troy lose??? Stupid.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:15 pm

appstate2008 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
The thought that who someone pulls for in college football is the measure of one's intelligence is very childish.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm

We're saying that it's stupid for someone to want something that will hurt their Alma mater... How can anyone disagree with that?

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:23 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
False

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

If you want to cheer for Falwell and his "good Christian" AD who got fired for covering up sexual assault, go ahead. But if you think this loss isn't bad for the entire Sun Belt, including App, you're simply naive.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

Gotta pull for all Sun Belt teams in OOC games. But I will not pull for GaSo or Troy to win any games inside the Conference. Other than AAC, the Sun Belt measures favorably with all other G5 Conferences. I think the Sun Belt has been good for App State!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:03 pm

The Sunbelt isn't the only league with members being disappointments. We can't help what the other teams do, our main focus needs to just focus and win out. Get a 10-1 regular season which hopefully translates into an overall 12-1 season with a championship and a bowl bid. We do that, it won't matter what the conference affiliation is or who we beat, as long as we beat them and continue to do it by comfortable margins.

Liberty's a scrappy team. Maybe its because they're new to FBS and independent but we know all too well that the Flames are capable of ruining your weekend if you're not careful. It's also not like Troy was taken to the woodshed and lost by 30 points, they lost on a last-minute touchdown.

We just need to stay focus and take care of business and we'll be fine and get the notice, respect and rewards we deserve.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:16 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:03 pm
The Sunbelt isn't the only league with members being disappointments. We can't help what the other teams do, our main focus needs to just focus and win out. Get a 10-1 regular season which hopefully translates into an overall 12-1 season with a championship and a bowl bid. We do that, it won't matter what the conference affiliation is or who we beat, as long as we beat them and continue to do it by comfortable margins.

Liberty's a scrappy team. Maybe its because they're new to FBS and independent but we know all too well that the Flames are capable of ruining your weekend if you're not careful. It's also not like Troy was taken to the woodshed and lost by 30 points, they lost on a last-minute touchdown.

We just need to stay focus and take care of business and we'll be fine and get the notice, respect and rewards we deserve.
Wrong, the stronger our conference, the stronger we will appear, period. If you think a “top” belt team in Troy loosing to liberty doesn’t affect our conference, and our SOS, man you simply don’t get it. Imagine that last home game, with 2 one loss teams, it would have been epic. Troy sucked on O today, against a bad D, not good for the belt or our situation. Say what you want, but I would bet 90% of the folks on here would agree that this does not help App. Always a different opinion I guess.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:23 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:16 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Wrong, the stronger our conference, the stronger we will appear, period. If you think a “top” belt team in Troy loosing to liberty doesn’t affect our conference, and our SOS, man you simply don’t get it. Imagine that last home game, with 2 one loss teams, it would have been epic. Troy sucked on O today, against a bad D, not good for the belt or our situation. Say what you want, but I would bet 90% of the folks on here would agree that this does not help App. Always a different opinion I guess.
So then we do to them like we've done with the last four mediocre teams we've played. Beat them like a drum so there's no argument which team is better. If you can't help your opponents aren't "strong" hang at least 30 on them so it's obvious. It's the only way to differentiate from the other SB teams at the moment.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:09 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 pm
appstate2008 wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
For once we agree, Todd. To boot, Liberty was given consideration (however small or large) for admittance to our SB conference.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”