Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:12 am

My point to the above is that there is no way they can raise student fees at JMU to finance a jump. Can you imagine what we could do with $4,000 per student for fees? That would be like $68.0 million.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm

App and GS played the jump right. Coastal got lucky. We all decided it's better to get a seat at the table and let things shake out than be on the outside looking in. Things may change in the future but the best thing is we're already here and we've impressed a lot of people nationally. That puts us in a favorable position. It's just icing on the cake that the Sunbelt has gotten a lot better. JMU acts like they're God's gift.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

CVAPP

Unread post by CVAPP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:41 pm
App and GS played the jump right. Coastal got lucky. We all decided it's better to get a seat at the table and let things shake out than be on the outside looking in. Things may change in the future but the best thing is we're already here and we've impressed a lot of people nationally. That puts us in a favorable position. It's just icing on the cake that the Sunbelt has gotten a lot better. JMU acts like they're God's gift.
I totally agree.

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't think JMU's admin have any desire to move to FBS. They pay lip service to the fans who desire to move up by making grand claims of pursuing FBS - if the right opportunity arrives (meaning the AAC). They know the AAC isn't expanding or back-filling (in the case of any current members leaving) with a FCS team. This makes them appear to be open to the idea of moving up without the slightest chance of it actually happening.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 pm

97APP wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:31 pm
I don't think JMU's admin have any desire to move to FBS. They pay lip service to the fans who desire to move up by making grand claims of pursuing FBS - if the right opportunity arrives (meaning the AAC). They know the AAC isn't expanding or back-filling (in the case of any current members leaving) with a FCS team. This makes them appear to be open to the idea of moving up without the slightest chance of it actually happening.
JMU is married to the CAA. Their administration is much like what we had in the pre-Peacock years, only they have the National Championship trophy to hide behind, which ours at the time didn’t have.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Elon took some wind outta their sails...............

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”