Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Espn+

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Espn+

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:27 pm

I had DirecTV Now for a few weeks but I don't think it ever worked due to all the accounts I have with ATT (mobile, Giga internet, and DirecTv with combined billing) I went to cancel and it could not even be found. The salesman had a hard time getting into the system and when he thought he had it set up he really did not. I might just need to cancel real DirecTv and go with the DTV Now. With my gigafiber I have plenty of bandwidth. I have unlimited data for the cell plan due to all the kids in college needing access at times so I am not concerned about that though unlimited really means it gets slow at some point. I have never reached the 22 GB "limit" where speeds get slower on my cell plan. Having DTV Now not count against the 22 GB is not going to turn me away either.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:34 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:45 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm
I love Pierre because he's a mountaineer great but he and Harrison need a lot of work on their overall delivery.
Pierre Banks was a double major at App. I met his mother after one of the games. She is/was an executive with NC's Head Start. Pierre has about a dozen siblings according to the conversation we had that night.
Listen to national broadcasters then listen to our broadcast team...they both need work.

(This isnt a knock on either of them personally...professionals always work to improve)
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Yosef77

Unread post by Yosef77 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:44 pm

So maybe someone can explain this to me. I thought the Sunbelt had a contract to show games with ESPN+ which is the pay channel and not with ESPN3 which I get for free with my DIRECTV. Yet this Saturday the Georgia Southern - ULM game was on ESPN3 so I was able to watch it. How did they get on ESPN3 instead of ESPN+?

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm

A few games are on ESPN3 and ESPN2/U. It is a very calculated process on the part of ESPN to have you hopefully go all-in on the ESPN ecosystem and pay them for the occasional ESPN/2/U game, then pay them for ESPN3 through your ISP, then pay a bit more for ESPN+.

Not a tin-foil hat conspiracy but basic business (crappy in my view) but here we are. One more reason I dropped ESPN. I am tired of playing their games.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:35 pm

App vs TX St is on Espn3.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:01 pm
I assume the production is done by the host school (like ESPN3). CCU needs to get their broadcast facilities and technology up to speed! The graphics were terrible....no down/yardage graphic at all. The announcers on ESPN3 or ESPN+ have almost always been pretty bad.
If you saw their football facilities here, you wouldn't be shocked that their coverage was bad (if they are indeed responsible for it). Our players had to sit out in this ally under the stands during halftime because whatever she'd they called a "locker room" was not big enough to hold our team. The whole place was pretty amateur, not trying to be mean, but I was expecting a little more from them. The place was empty too for it being homecoming. Baseball Stadium looked nice though.
A friend recently referred to the SunBelt as FBS lite due to the fact it just keeps taking in FCS teams. I of course argued the point with him. The team sitting under the stands for lack of locker room sure is a check in his column. Why on earth do we accept a program that is clearly not ready. Let them get ready then admit them. Reminds me of back in the day when the team was in a tent at A&T.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:23 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:26 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:01 pm
I assume the production is done by the host school (like ESPN3). CCU needs to get their broadcast facilities and technology up to speed! The graphics were terrible....no down/yardage graphic at all. The announcers on ESPN3 or ESPN+ have almost always been pretty bad.
If you saw their football facilities here, you wouldn't be shocked that their coverage was bad (if they are indeed responsible for it). Our players had to sit out in this ally under the stands during halftime because whatever she'd they called a "locker room" was not big enough to hold our team. The whole place was pretty amateur, not trying to be mean, but I was expecting a little more from them. The place was empty too for it being homecoming. Baseball Stadium looked nice though.
A friend recently referred to the SunBelt as FBS lite due to the fact it just keeps taking in FCS teams. I of course argued the point with him. The team sitting under the stands for lack of locker room sure is a check in his column. Why on earth do we accept a program that is clearly not ready. Let them get ready then admit them. Reminds me of back in the day when the team was in a tent at A&T.
Well, they were clearly doing a lot of work to the stadium as there was a ton of construction going on. Not to mention, they were honoring J.Norman for just dumping a lot of money into the program. To be honest, their “TD Sports Complex” was fairly nice, but mostly the baseball and softball stadiums. The football stadium left a lot to be desired. It very much felt like a high school stadium or early 2000’s Kidd Brewer MINUS THE FANS. I’m sure I’m being unreasonably biased because of how spoiled we are as App fans.
The Appalachian State

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am

Coastal is "in" largely because of us ,I believe.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:25 am

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 am
Coastal is "in" largely because of us ,I believe.
I think you're right and it was a fun road trip. We had a great showing and it was fun to run into Mountaineers at the tourist spots. Even store clerks were taking notice at the Tanger Outlets on Sunday. Coastal is still young in their FBS transition and their stadium is under construction and with their coach's financial contacts they should get the funding they need. I would think they'd be able to use the beach as a recruiting draw.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”