Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coaching change at UNCCheat

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coaching change at UNCCheat

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:00 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:57 am
Alright, everyone go out to U.S. 421 between Winston and Boone and set up barriers.

And if anyone in sky blue colors asks, U.S. 321 is still two lanes.
And snip the phone line to Satt’s house and take out the nearest three cell towers.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:01 am

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:17 am

Satt’s name is in virtually every article/tweet about this. It’s probably happening.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:20 am

Gonzo wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:50 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:44 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:11 am
Some of you still have the black and gold beer goggles on, any one of you would switch zip codes for 5-6 times your salary for the the same job or a "lateral" move. Why are you so sure Satterield would do his family a fiduciary disservice? As fans we all want him back, especially when he's put together the best team in school history. When this type of move involves million$, it's a no brainer. He may tell Gillen he's going to pray about it, while he tells his wife to pack. If he does stay we can guess he'll probably be around longer JM was.
It’s not about black and gold beer goggles, it is about principles over money. There are those who simply chose the latter over the former. Good for you to take the money and run, but I for one don’t think that Satt is like you.
And those people are called idiots.

People move their families to make millions of dollars and that doesn’t mean they’re an ass hole even if they like their old job. As much as I hate UNC I don’t see how taking the UNC job would violate any principle.
By no means am I old, but the older I have gotten, money has become much less a motivator in my career. I work in corporate America, so I can't say that I know how things work in the coaching world, but I see people killing themselves for money and I have also seen plenty of "old heads" that have become wise to know that finding a great situation with fulfillment of needs is always a better alternative to money. I honestly did not understand it for years, but as my kids got older and life got harder, I began to see what these older mentors were saying. I've mentioned it before on a similar thread, I've passed up promotions and jobs that paid more, some that would double my salary, because it would have not been the best situation for my family. I don't know Satt, but I know what I hear from him and some mutual contacts and it doesn't sound like money would be the end all be all. Total speculation...... And I'm like you Gonzo, I would congratulate him if he did decide to leave.
The Appalachian State

APPRIDE

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 am
Apptrain wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 am
Pretty sure I know the answer but I’ll ask anyway. Does UNC have any incentive not to pull successful coaches from other UNC system schools, possibly resulting in damage to those schools’ programs? Obviously they took Mack from us. But has the thinking changed any? They most likely figure that if they don’t basically promote someone like Satterfield within the UNC system then another school outside the system will snatch them up. It is so frustrating for smaller schools trying to build, but money talks in most cases.
Mack left App for Tulane, and then went to CHeat.
*actually, left for OU o/c job.

Staying within the UNC system to score a big pay day probably would keep a lot of paperwork flowing easier for the Satterfields...

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:32 am

I would be happy for him to go anywhere for a lot more money except UNC. Allowing himself to be bought by those daddies money dorks that don't even know the rules of football would be an insult to App.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:33 am

In my Obi Wan Kenobi voice:

Scott, you must resist the temptations of the dark side. You are not one of them. You will be asked to do things ethically that you haven’t faced before. The power of the dark side is strong. You must use the force and stay the course.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:33 am

Let’s just worry about hitting 35k in the stands on Saturday in front of all of college football on the mothership ESPN.....

Tickets:

Only have to 5pm Monday afternoon before all season ticket seats go PUBLIC!

ORDER NOW and Go! Fight! Win App!

Here is a paste of the instructions:

Please follow these simple steps to order your regular season tickets/parking for the Conference Championship game:

IMPORTANT: Please use your existing "My App Fan" account that is tied to your Yosef Club donor account in order to purchase by stated deadline to have first right of refusal on your season tickets/parking. Please ensure that your account contact information is updated (specifically email and phone #).

-Your season ticket(s) and parking location will be held under your account until Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5 pm. After this time, all unpurchased season tickets will be released as well as parking.

-Orders after this date will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be based on seating availability. After the deadline, parking will be $25 per space and based on availability.

-Scroll down and complete the order form with your credit card payment. You may also call the App State Ticket Office at (828) 262-2079 and place your order over the phone.

-Once you have submitted your ticket/parking order, there will be NO opting-out or refunds.

-A $15 processing and handling fee will be added to the final, charged ticket purchase.

-Purchased tickets and parking may be picked up on Sunday, November 25th at the App State Athletic Ticket Office (Holmes Convocation Center) from 1 pm - 5 pm.

-During the Championship week, you may pick up packets between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm; Monday-Friday at the App State Athletic Ticket Office (Holmes Convocation Center).

-On game day, tickets with parking will be available for pickup at the Premium Pick Up at the Holmes Convocation Center 7 am - 2 pm.

-Tickets without parking will be available for pickup beginning at 9 am at the Stadium Ticket Office.

-Please direct any questions to the App State Athletic Ticket Office by calling 828.262.2079; Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm during Championship game week.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:11 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 am
Apptrain wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 am
Pretty sure I know the answer but I’ll ask anyway. Does UNC have any incentive not to pull successful coaches from other UNC system schools, possibly resulting in damage to those schools’ programs? Obviously they took Mack from us. But has the thinking changed any? They most likely figure that if they don’t basically promote someone like Satterfield within the UNC system then another school outside the system will snatch them up. It is so frustrating for smaller schools trying to build, but money talks in most cases.
Mack left App for Tulane, and then went to CHeat.
You’re right. My hate for Carolina blinded me to the fact he went somewhere else first.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm

I’m sure Scott’s and Neil Browns agent was blowing up Louisville and UNC ADs offices midway thru the season. I’d take the UNC job if it were offered. Win more than 2 games and you are a hero.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:24 pm

How about the brawl after NCSU scored the winning TD against UNC in OT? That was ugly. Looked like the UNC players were the instigators.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstanding

Unread post by appstanding » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:26 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 pm
The fact that there’s even a chance is enough that our AD should have Mike Houston from JMU on speed dial. One need only scan twitter for five minutes and you’ll see Satterfileds name on all the “candidate” lists for UNC. And not just from randoms, legitimate sports reporters with their fancy blue checks.

If the worst case scenario were to occur, Houston is a no brainer. That said, it’s nice to have such a competent AD. I’ve got full faith in Doug Gillin.
I agree. If Satterfield leaves, App should take a serious look at Mike Houston. He's won where ever he's coached. Knows how to recruit the Southeast. Won an FCS national championship. Coached a Southern Conference team that beat an SEC team.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Just hope he stays through his kids getting out of HS. Could see the posibility of undefeated season next year. We certainly wouldn’t do that with a new coach.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Scott would leave the new coach a strong team. The hard part will be the asst coach departures. Is there anyone on staff who could take the reigns?

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 pm

The rumors are that UNC wants Mack Brown. Seriously.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 pm
Going back to the winning well. Even if it was the late 80s into the 90s. He knows how to win at UNC and has national name recognition.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:52 pm

appstanding wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:26 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:12 pm
The fact that there’s even a chance is enough that our AD should have Mike Houston from JMU on speed dial. One need only scan twitter for five minutes and you’ll see Satterfileds name on all the “candidate” lists for UNC. And not just from randoms, legitimate sports reporters with their fancy blue checks.

If the worst case scenario were to occur, Houston is a no brainer. That said, it’s nice to have such a competent AD. I’ve got full faith in Doug Gillin.
I agree. If Satterfield leaves, App should take a serious look at Mike Houston. He's won where ever he's coached. Knows how to recruit the Southeast. Won an FCS national championship. Coached a Southern Conference team that beat an SEC team.
I agree . Houston has NC ties and won at The Citadel, which is no easy task. Not to mention his JMU success.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm

If Satt does leave, which seems to be a strong possibility, why don’t I hear Bryan Brown’s name thrown around as an obvious replacement? In my eyes there isn’t a better choice. Just my $.02.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:56 pm
If Satt does leave, which seems to be a strong possibility, why don’t I hear Bryan Brown’s name thrown around as an obvious replacement? In my eyes there isn’t a better choice. Just my $.02.
Ideal scenario in my mind if Satt leaves is to have him leave after the CCG but before the bowl game and name Brown interim. Give him the 2 or so weeks and have DG evaluate during that time.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 pm
Going back to the winning well. Even if it was the late 80s into the 90s. He knows how to win at UNC and has national name recognition.
Just my opinion and I hope they do it, but Mack Brown is a terrible hire and shows how little the Carolina leadership understands the current college football climate.

The man is 67 and hasn’t coached since the BCS existed.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”