Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sour Grapes From Statesboro

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sour Grapes From Statesboro

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:37 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:32 pm
Strong case for Lunsford and Satt. I wouldn't have been upset either way, but of course, glad that Satt won it.
I have no beef had Lunsford won it. He did a great job. I would not be surprised if the vote was close.

StinklikeRoses
School: Georgia Southern

Unread post by StinklikeRoses » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Strong case for Lunsford and Satt. I wouldn't have been upset either way, but of course, glad that Satt won it.
Agreed --strong cases for each, but entirely different cases, IMO. I don't think there's any doubt that Satterfield, with his greater experience, is the better head coach of the two at this point. And obviously he led his team to a better record and the conference title. I just think taking a team from 10 losses to (potentially) 10 wins is pretty fantastic performance over the course of a given year. Just depends on what you're trying to recognize--the guy who took a nice steak and served it up without error, or the guy who made a pretty respectable chicken salad out of chicken s#!t.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:00 pm

StinklikeRoses wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:52 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Agreed --strong cases for each, but entirely different cases, IMO. I don't think there's any doubt that Satterfield, with his greater experience, is the better head coach of the two at this point. And obviously he led his team to a better record and the conference title. I just think taking a team from 10 losses to (potentially) 10 wins is pretty fantastic performance over the course of a given year. Just depends on what you're trying to recognize--the guy who took a nice steak and served it up without error, or the guy who made a pretty respectable chicken salad out of chicken s#!t.
Agree, great accomplishment from Lunsford, but on the other hand, we had a lot of graduation losses last year - RT, RG, QB, 2 LBs, etc and then on top of it, we lost the best RB in the league part of the way through the season. Then when our QB went down against you guys and we crapped on ourselves and got slapped around by you, Satt gathered the troops, held it together and emerged from the pile as conference champions. Again, not a slam at Lunsford, he did a great job this year, I can just see where both earned their shot at the award.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm

I'd say that Satterfield won the award because he had to replace a 4-year starting QB with a QB with almost no playing experience and lost his starting running back in game 5 of the season. Lost his starting QB in the Ga Southern game due to an un-penalized blow to the head which led to him missing 2 games for the concussion protocol...and yet still won the conference championship including an albeit brief, but historic top 25 ranking. Great coaches don't re-build, they re-load.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:03 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAAA!

This sounds about like one of those loud 15 sec long farts of your fat uncle on a very bad diet.

Crybabies for sure.....play that Journey tune!
Who's crying now?

Last edited by CornCobPipes on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KICK ASS!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Hey Gnatsboro!

WE ARE APP STATE AND WE ARE SUNBELT CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!
KICK ASS!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:22 pm

They had their chance. They beat us and then blew it. We won out and won a Championship. Nuff said

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:43 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:03 pm
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAHAAA!

This sounds about like one of those loud 15 sec long farts of your fat uncle on a very bad diet.

Crybabies for sure.....play that Journey tune!
Who's crying now?

15 seconds is just a fizzle.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”