Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stephon Brown dismissed

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Re: Stephon Brown dismissed

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Last edited by NattyBumppo'sRevenge on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:30 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:35 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 am
Odd that he honored his commitment to App when he started getting P5 offers, then turn around and waste an opportunity. I hope we don't have to line up against him in the future, but hope he finds a solid landing spot and wish him well.
lol he never got a p5 offer

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Odd that he honored his commitment to App when he started getting P5 offers, then turn around and waste an opportunity. I hope we don't have to line up against him in the future, but hope he finds a solid landing spot and wish him well.
He never got a P5 offer because he declined visits from ACC schools who came in during his Senior year after he had committed to App. He honored his commitment to a degree that is uncommon these days.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:35 pm
diehardapp18 wrote:
He never got a P5 offer because he declined visits from ACC schools who came in during his Senior year after he had committed to App. He honored his commitment to a degree that is uncommon these days.
Guess we know what ACC school he will be transferring to.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:38 am
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
If Satt let’s him join his new team the respect factor will go down a good bit for me.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am

ericsaid wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
I truly am interested to see if he does indeed go there.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 am

He was dismissed for on and off field issues as well as academic stuff, not a chance in hell Scott Satterfield would take him at UofL.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 pm

It was a joke guys.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Holton Ahlers was firmly committed to ECU and was still picking up big offers. P5 teams don't care if a guy is committed to a G5, they'll offer anyways if they think the player is good enough.

Brown won't be going to Louisville, because he isn't good enough to play in the ACC.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I love our team and we seem to have a close knit group. We also have a good number of really talented young men. I would venture to say that a certain number of them could easily play for several P5 schools- who the heck knows. I don’t see why any really good App player- especially one who plays a lot, would transfer to a Louisville, sit a year and then may or may get playing time.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 pm

diehardapp18 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:12 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Holton Ahlers was firmly committed to ECU and was still picking up big offers. P5 teams don't care if a guy is committed to a G5, they'll offer anyways if they think the player is good enough.

Brown won't be going to Louisville, because he isn't good enough to play in the ACC.
80% of the Louisville roster this year wasn't good enough to play in the ACC. We know this fact because they were giving up over 50 points a game quite often, went 0-8 in the ACC, and the most they scored all season was 35 against Wake Forest when they gave up 56. We have probably 30-40 players who could have upgraded them either on the first string or as role players.

One point on the recruiting is that Holton did not say no when those teams contacted him. South Carolina and UNC both reached out to Wyatt Tunall but he turned down the Gamecocks and decomitted from us because of Satt leaving and Mack Brown going to UNC. He is expected to sign there now. If Satt had not left and Fedora had stayed at UNC he would still be coming to App.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:59 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 pm
diehardapp18 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:

80% of the Louisville roster this year wasn't good enough to play in the ACC. We know this fact because they were giving up over 50 points a game quite often, went 0-8 in the ACC, and the most they scored all season was 35 against Wake Forest when they gave up 56. We have probably 30-40 players who could have upgraded them either on the first string or as role players.

One point on the recruiting is that Holton did not say no when those teams contacted him. South Carolina and UNC both reached out to Wyatt Tunall but he turned down the Gamecocks and decomitted from us because of Satt leaving and Mack Brown going to UNC. He is expected to sign there now. If Satt had not left and Fedora had stayed at UNC he would still be coming to App.
Sorry but that is a gross over simplification saying that "80% of the Louisville roster this year wasn't good enough to play in the ACC. " If that's how things work then there is no way that GS should have risen to the upper echelon of the SunBelt this year after going 2-10 last year. Talent (or lack thereof) is OFTEN NOT the issue when teams fail. The problem at UL was cultural and it went back to coaching. Even if coaching weren't the issue, a few key "weak links" can cause a team to lose, but that doesn't speak to the overall quality of the roster. There is no linear relationship there.

App has plenty of players who are capable of playing in the ACC. Many of those players weren't capable of being RECRUITED by the ACC because of the different in philosophy. That's a very different thing.

All that being said, I don't think that App players are looking to jump ship and follow Satterfield to UL. I'm sure they feel loyalty to the coaches, but I've always felt like the primary loyalty that creates that family-like cohesion at App is between the players. When they are interviewed, I hear comments almost every week about "stepping up for my brothers" or "making the play for my brothers"....key word being "brothers".

Yes, I'm sure they want to please coaches and fans, but I think the focus is more lateral. That's the motivation that will continue and hopefully will carry the team through a win at New Orleans.

Just my opinion, of course.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 am

HighPointApp wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:11 am
Wow. There’s a lot of reading between the lines on this. I’m sure it’s hard to from the BMOC to having to fight for every rep in practice.

I wish Brown the best of luck.
You are sooooo correct. I'm glad he is gone!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am

Rick83 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 am
What's Price been up to since he was dismissed from the team? Did he end up playing anywhere or was he in too much legal trouble?
Assaulting a female in Lexington, NC. Oh, then not coming to court so there is an arrest warrant out on him.

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:52 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:59 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:

Sorry but that is a gross over simplification saying that "80% of the Louisville roster this year wasn't good enough to play in the ACC. " If that's how things work then there is no way that GS should have risen to the upper echelon of the SunBelt this year after going 2-10 last year. Talent (or lack thereof) is OFTEN NOT the issue when teams fail. The problem at UL was cultural and it went back to coaching. Even if coaching weren't the issue, a few key "weak links" can cause a team to lose, but that doesn't speak to the overall quality of the roster. There is no linear relationship there.

App has plenty of players who are capable of playing in the ACC. Many of those players weren't capable of being RECRUITED by the ACC because of the different in philosophy. That's a very different thing.

All that being said, I don't think that App players are looking to jump ship and follow Satterfield to UL. I'm sure they feel loyalty to the coaches, but I've always felt like the primary loyalty that creates that family-like cohesion at App is between the players. When they are interviewed, I hear comments almost every week about "stepping up for my brothers" or "making the play for my brothers"....key word being "brothers".

Yes, I'm sure they want to please coaches and fans, but I think the focus is more lateral. That's the motivation that will continue and hopefully will carry the team through a win at New Orleans.

You are dead on. It’s a brotherhood above all else. I have firsthand knowledge of this.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:58 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:42 am
ericsaid wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
I truly am interested to see if he does indeed go there.
I can promise you Satt will not take him with him to UL.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:

There are clearly ACC caliber players there but most of that roster was not. I bet you they will be playing mostly freshmen and sophomores in 2019 and 2020 because Scott will overhaul that roster. If Scott could take our top 30 players free and clear without having to sit out I would bet you any amount he would. Louisville was a bad football team. They could not stop anyone and their QB play was awful. They are losing 2 very good skill guys and 1 good OL and thus have nothing proven on offense. They could have been better but even Nick Saban couldn't have won 8 games with that roster.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:21 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:23 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

There are clearly ACC caliber players there but most of that roster was not. I bet you they will be playing mostly freshmen and sophomores in 2019 and 2020 because Scott will overhaul that roster. If Scott could take our top 30 players free and clear without having to sit out I would bet you any amount he would. Louisville was a bad football team. They could not stop anyone and their QB play was awful. They are losing 2 very good skill guys and 1 good OL and thus have nothing proven on offense. They could have been better but even Nick Saban couldn't have won 8 games with that roster.
Nick and Dabo are 2 that win all their
games in December on Signing Day.
Last edited by Black Saturday on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLACK SATURDAY

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am
Rick83 wrote:
What's Price been up to since he was dismissed from the team? Did he end up playing anywhere or was he in too much legal trouble?
Assaulting a female in Lexington, NC. Oh, then not coming to court so there is an arrest warrant out on him.
Wow, what a waste. Hopefully he'll get his life together.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm
AppState89 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am
Rick83 wrote:
Wow, what a waste. Hopefully he'll get his life together.
Did Atwater ever get his life together? His leaving gave rise to Kevin Richardson, who got the majority of his yards in 3 seasons.
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”