Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

MBB: App State @ Georgetown nationally televised on FS1

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Re: MBB: App State @ Georgetown nationally televised on FS1

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 pm

The TEAM kept it close the whole game....I do not understand the "end of game" thinking that Shabaz is the only player on the court in the last three minutes. Our whole team played well the whole game and just looked at Shabaz heave shots at the end.

I think coach Fox is doing an excellent job and i hope he gets time but i don't understand where our TEAM confidence goes at the end of the game. Please let someone else miss a three in the last two minutes of the game.

I do think we are getting better....I think we will finish top three in the conference.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:55 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm
I want to eat crow. But I don't care for people telling me to stop hating.
People who use the word "hater" over "pessimist" have likely never seen real hate.
Last edited by NoLongerLurking on Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:57 pm

I agree, there are many questions and things I would do different coaching from my seat. I maxed out my basketball experience from playing in high school and just being a fan. So I really have no clue what I'm talking about at this level. I just want to see improvement like everyone else. I believe we will and will see this team grow to the next level as the season progresses. I just hope we can finish better in conference than last year.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 pm

HBTApps wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:32 pm
I know the over reaction and negative comments are coming. So to you constant haters. We just hung with Georgetown until the very end. I'm looking forward to seeing what our boys can do in conference play. If we show no improvement with our peers then I will change my tune. But we have not a cupcake ooc schedule which is great for the team so long as they don't read the average thread about their games. Hopefully it will make them ready for the conference. I'm not a pessimist so I believe in my school and will never rip them publicly.

For all the consistent haters, I almost hope that Fox continues to turn this program around just for you to eat Crow as bad as I want them to because I'm a true fan.

Ripping a coach in the off-season or even at the very end of a season is one thing but during our players season especially at the beginning is just not cool.

Forever optimistic & proud of our boys while they are playing!! Go App!! Beat the Buffaloes on Thursday.
As a true fan you should not be content with seeing the same garbage routinely. We have zero inside game, live by the three (Mostly die by it), if we're down by anything over 5 points under 2 minutes all you see is iso with Shabazz. Didn't take much to improve what Fox took over, but that improvement has been very very minor, and after four years, there really is no excuse anymore. His players, his system, his team. It's time for a change.

For the record, Satterfield would have caught this same "hate" if we were trash for the past four years in football. Fox doesn't get a pass.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:49 am

T-Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:41 pm
I want to eat crow. But I don't care for people telling me to stop hating.
I didn't singal out one individual. But I really don't know what else to call it. There are some people out there that will complain about paying taxes if they win the lottery. I'm sorry if you feel that you fall in this category.

Our team one 6 games more than the year before and people complained all the way to the finish line. The same people start throwing in the towel and slandering our coaches and players the first sign of adversity. Then they complain about support and attendance. It's a community effort of support on and off the court that builds a program back. Why would any recruit want to come play for our team if they ever came to our message board. So yes, I call these people haters. Maybe there is a better word but I can't think of one. Sounds like hating to me. Just look at the idiotic thread sometime started tonight with an even stupider # they are trying to start. I'm sure that gives for recruits great confidence in coming to our great University.

I'm sorry if you decided that you are one of those people, this is not to signgal out any individual. Just so tired of the negativity... Can't understand the goal.

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:54 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 pm
HBTApps wrote:
I know the over reaction and negative comments are coming. So to you constant haters. We just hung with Georgetown until the very end. I'm looking forward to seeing what our boys can do in conference play. If we show no improvement with our peers then I will change my tune. But we have not a cupcake ooc schedule which is great for the team so long as they don't read the average thread about their games. Hopefully it will make them ready for the conference. I'm not a pessimist so I believe in my school and will never rip them publicly.

For all the consistent haters, I almost hope that Fox continues to turn this program around just for you to eat Crow as bad as I want them to because I'm a true fan.

Ripping a coach in the off-season or even at the very end of a season is one thing but during our players season especially at the beginning is just not cool.

Forever optimistic & proud of our boys while they are playing!! Go App!! Beat the Buffaloes on Thursday.
As a true fan you should not be content with seeing the same garbage routinely. We have zero inside game, live by the three (Mostly die by it), if we're down by anything over 5 points under 2 minutes all you see is iso with Shabazz. Didn't take much to improve what Fox took over, but that improvement has been very very minor, and after four years, there really is no excuse anymore. His players, his system, his team. It's time for a change.

For the record, Satterfield would have caught this same "hate" if we were trash for the past four years in football. Fox doesn't get a pass.

Completely different situation with football and basketball. But since you brought it up, you are right. These same "fans" broke out the pitch forks only several games into his career. Thanks for slightly helping me with my point. But you can't compare the two, they were 100% different programs that each took over and different situations. Only thing in common are fans looking for drama when adversity presents itself

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:29 am

At the end of the day, it’s just another double digit loss.
With that said, we took a gamble and extended the Fox contract last season, and we must put away the torches and pitchforks and see how the conference schedule goes. While we are sick and tired of the years of losing, late December is not the time to jump ship after making the decision last March that enough progress was being made (albeit slowly) that Coach should be rewarded with an extension. Settle in for the remainder of the season and re-evaluate things at the end of March.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 am

Again, I ask the question, did you expect for us to be 2-7 at this point in the season? What is an acceptable conference record since that is what we are told to wait for?

I watched our game v. G'town and liked what I saw for 35 minutes. But, I confess my expectation was that we would let it slip away because that's what we always seem to do. The OOC schedule has been a competitive one and it may yield benefits in conference play but it's disappointing that we have failed to win one of those games outside of the MEAC games. Have we become so accustomed to losing that we have lowered our expectations to the point that we look for moral victories?

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:15 am

hapapp wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:37 am
Again, I ask the question, did you expect for us to be 2-7 at this point in the season? What is an acceptable conference record since that is what we are told to wait for?

I watched our game v. G'town and liked what I saw for 35 minutes. But, I confess my expectation was that we would let it slip away because that's what we always seem to do. The OOC schedule has been a competitive one and it may yield benefits in conference play but it's disappointing that we have failed to win one of those games outside of the MEAC games. Have we become so accustomed to losing that we have lowered our expectations to the point that we look for moral victories?
Sure looks that way.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:30 am

HBTApps wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:54 am
HBTApps wrote:

Completely different situation with football and basketball. But since you brought it up, you are right. These same "fans" broke out the pitch forks only several games into his career. Thanks for slightly helping me with my point. But you can't compare the two, they were 100% different programs that each took over and different situations. Only thing in common are fans looking for drama when adversity presents itself
My one small paragraph about Satterfield is all you took from my post? Didn't want to address the issues I discussed regarding the topic at hand? No surprise, you seem to be delusional in thinking that Fox has done much since he started. I give him kudos for fixing the academics and getting players that aren't much of a distraction, but that only goes so far when it comes to program success and getting more fans into watching the team play. What's it take for you 5,6,7,8,9 years of the same shit before you finally pull your head out of his ass? Anybody with mediocre basketball knowledge can see that what we have is just not working.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HBTApps

Unread post by HBTApps » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:02 am

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:30 am
HBTApps wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:54 am
HBTApps wrote:

My one small paragraph about Satterfield is all you took from my post? Didn't want to address the issues I discussed regarding the topic at hand? No surprise, you seem to be delusional in thinking that Fox has done much since he started. I give him kudos for fixing the academics and getting players that aren't much of a distraction, but that only goes so far when it comes to program success and getting more fans into watching the team play. What's it take for you 5,6,7,8,9 years of the same shit before you finally pull your head out of his ass? Anybody with mediocre basketball knowledge can see that what we have is just not working.

I've covered my opinion on your other topic in previous posts. I'm not going to waste any more of my time talking to a wall. You have made up your mind about our coaching staff and this team.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 am

I don't think anyone is saying you shouldn't be disappointed, but when you just extended your coach that has slowly and consistently improved the program, you're playing equal to Georgetown for 90% of the game, and you haven't played a single conference game, then it's rediculous to start saying the coach should be fired.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 am

I’m seeing some anger over Satt leaving spilling over here. Calm down guys. Fox aint getting fired and we are getting better albeit slowly.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:29 am

Same show , different actors. We have the talent to compete but lack the discipline and mentality to win.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 am

So, I'm assuming everyone expected us to be 2-7 v. D1 competition at this point. Just so we know what's acceptable so our criticism isn't misplaced, what should we reasonably expect our conference record to be? Is it fair to expect a better record than last year? Is we're better than we were five years ago enough?

I agree it's pointless to say we need to fire Fox because he has at least next season at the helm. But, at what point should we consider a change is necessary? What would be the tipping point?

We do have the good fortune of starting conference play against one of the weaker SB teams this year in UTA. Hopefully a win there will jump start v the rest of the season.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am

I think we open with an Alabama road trip.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 am

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am
I think we open with an Alabama road trip.
You are correct. Our home opener is UTA.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am

HBTApps wrote:

Agree we need to see more progress, but “minor minor progress from what he took over” is just an awful misstatement.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 am

So currently 2-7.....
Up next is Milligan...Never heard of em, not D1, still 2-7
St Louis 2-8.
I can’t see how we can even finish the season over .500
Just to remind people expecting a different outcome:
14-15 (12-17), 15-16 (9-22), 16-17 (9-21), 17-18 (15-18)
And for everyone expecting the piece of cake conference schedule to fix our problems, Fox has never had a winning conference record over the same time period. This will be our 9th straight losing season.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am

Also - To for the people saying minor progress, his best win was Va-Tech, his 3rd game ever as a coach. We haven’t beaten a P5 opponent since! AND USF, who we lost to this year......we beat by 13 last year. Not progress!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”