Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NO Bowl vs DG Bowl vs Camellia Bowl

Gonzo
School: Appalachian State

Re: NO Bowl vs DG Bowl vs Camellia Bowl

Unread post by Gonzo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Somewhere out there there’s a Wake fan with a circular venn diagram of pearl clutchers who hate New Orleans and people who hate anthem kneelers.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:13 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 pm
Somewhere out there there’s a Wake fan with a circular venn diagram of pearl clutchers who hate New Orleans and people who hate anthem kneelers.
Haha, nice zinger. We have officially linked enough threads together that we have an official Yosef’s Blanket.
The Appalachian State

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:14 pm

I don't see how anyone can top Patterson, NJ for the most filthy city. Sad thing is, 25 years ago it wasn't that way. Also, Detroit, outside of the central business district is pretty terrible too as are sections of Memphis, Atlanta, Philly and Baltimore.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Overall, I liked NOLA the best I think. We have been to the last 3 bowl games and enjoyed them all. We drove to all of them and enjoyed the road trips as well. Hec of a long drive, but we will do it again and again I hope. The food is amazing in NOLA and we enjoyed the town. The alumni tailgate was a lot better this year at the Superdome also. I enjoyed the tailgating at Montgomery the best with the 2 parking spot reservations setup right beside the stadium. The Mardi Gras parade in Mobile was great too! We went to the last National Championship game in 2007 and I enjoy these bowl games a lot better.
Give Em Hell!!

Boone Goon

Unread post by Boone Goon » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:07 pm
:lol: ...or maybe not... ;)

I'm glad many of you had a great time in NOLA. I truly am.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:14 pm
I don't see how anyone can top Patterson, NJ for the most filthy city. Sad thing is, 25 years ago it wasn't that way. Also, Detroit, outside of the central business district is pretty terrible too as are sections of Memphis, Atlanta, Philly and Baltimore.
Ooo yeah. Forgot Detroit and Memphis. Haven't been in a while, so it slipped my mind. Atlanta has its parts for sure, especially downtown by underground Atlanta.
The Appalachian State

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:35 pm

I’ve been to all the bowl games. Winning makes everything better lol! I enjoyed NOla more than expected even though I’ve been before and I’m not a huge NOla fan. Lots of drunks and panhandling on Canal Street without even going to FQ. If I had it to do over I would likely buy a flight when there’s a fare sale earlier on Southwest while the fares are cheaper, and since there are no change fees, rebook for the future if we ended up in another bowl. Airport is pretty far from downtown and Uber was pricy. Food excellent + Bloody Mary bar at brunch. I enjoyed the Superdome even if it was old and basically empty. If we had a bit more time to prepare I think we could bring more fans.
Mobile is basically just as far away as NOla and the date isn’t good. But the few blocks around Dauphin Street in Mobile pack a good amount of cool bars and restaurants. I really like the City of Mobile and if you have a few extra days to visit one of the eastern shore beaches is a plus.
Montgomery doesn’t have much other than Aviator but tailgating wins at the Crampton Bowl hands down and it is drivable for many App fans. I would give a slight edge to NOla.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:36 pm

I’ve been to all the bowl games. Winning makes everything better lol! I enjoyed NOla more than expected even though I’ve been before and I’m not a huge NOla fan. Lots of drunks and panhandling on Canal Street without even going to FQ. If I had it to do over I would likely buy a flight when there’s a fare sale earlier on Southwest while the fares are cheaper, and since there are no change fees, rebook for the future if we ended up in another bowl. Airport is pretty far from downtown and Uber was pricy. Food excellent + Bloody Mary bar at brunch. I enjoyed the Superdome even if it was old and basically empty. If we had a bit more time to prepare I think we could bring more fans.
Mobile is basically just as far away as NOla and the date isn’t good. But the few blocks around Dauphin Street in Mobile pack a good amount of cool bars and restaurants. I really like the City of Mobile and if you have a few extra days to visit one of the eastern shore beaches is a plus.
Montgomery doesn’t have much other than Aviator but tailgating wins at the Crampton Bowl hands down and it is drivable for many App fans. I would give a slight edge to NOla.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:06 pm

In a related topic, my buddy and I were feeling our oats right after the game and started ranking which cities would be best among the potential NY6 games. (I know, I know - dreaming big. :lol:)

We agreed if App ever makes one, we’ll be there no matter what. But for my money the Sugar Bowl would be the dream. That city plus App in a major bowl would be incredible. Maybe the Rose Bowl would get an edge for prestige, but that’s never happening anyway.

Peach Bowl would be nice for drivability obviously, but he argued ATL isn’t the most exciting. I would think Miami would be fun, although I never was a club guy even when I wasn’t too old for it.

Fiesta and Cotton probably wouldn’t be the greatest trips nor cheap, but again I’d be there anyway just for the game.

bigCasu

Unread post by bigCasu » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:23 pm

It's New Orleans and its not even close. In Montgomery, you have about 4 things to do. I wasn't in Mobile proper, but Ladd is a dump. I can't wait to go to New Orleans again and do something completely different and it still be a whale of a time.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:11 am

Been to all 4. Had the most fun in NO easily.

Mobile was a sneaky good time though. Date of the game absolutely sucked, but that city really rolls out the red carpet for the game. Mardi Gras parade was fun, and there's a few really solid bars on Dauphin St. The city is basically a much, much, much x7964 smaller version of New Orleans. The game was also great. There was basically no security, my friends and I walked in with mixed drinks. And they had public transportation to the game, one of my best memories was getting on a trolly full of App fans. We were singing Hi Hi Yikas, Wagon Wheel, etc. It was awesome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”