Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coach Drink Staff Thread

Appster99
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coach Drink Staff Thread

Unread post by Appster99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 pm
The Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm
ukappfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm
Appstate35 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Roof says we will have 3 down linemen and this also confirms that we are hiring a DL and CB coach. Also love how he put the parentheses in to make sure there was no outrage
So that should settle everyone down regarding him changing our d from 3 down linemen. I can’t wait for next fall!

So that sounds like someone on the offense is taking over the RBs if we plan on hiring 2 defense coaches
I'm excited for DJ Smith to get going as a position coach. Gasporato and Smith should make quite the tandem with this new blood coming in as well.

I'm hopeful Roof brings in some aggressive 3-4 types. If anyone learned anything from Clemson's game against Alabama, the game should be attack, attack, attack. Always attack. App lacked a killer instinct on offense the past two seasons and that cost the game against Wake and Tennessee. No more running clock with ten minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

I'll Drink to that.
Reminds me of the game back during the Armanti days when we had it won comfortably and was trying to run the clock out late in the 4th. Other team's coach called a time out just to use it. Coach Moore called a running play but Armanti and his O was pissed about the other coach delaying the inevitable so they changed the play and scored another TD on a pass play. Other coach said in the post game interview they got what they deserved. Should have accepted the mercy but he learned his lesson. Im sure some of you will remember exactly who it was but I can't. Seems like it was a Ga school.

Appstate35

Unread post by Appstate35 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 pm

I really enjoyed listening to the interviews that Ethan put up. Roof, Dorsey, and Link all seem eager to get started and excited to be a part of the App family. I was pretty excited from the get go about what Roof had to offer the program but after listening to his interview I really really like him. He has been around the game a long time but is not above learning and adapting and I think the knowledge he brings to the program is nothing like we have ever had. Really excited for the spring, players developing and the season!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm
ericsaid wrote:
The Rock wrote:
ukappfan wrote:
Appstate35 wrote:

Roof says we will have 3 down linemen and this also confirms that we are hiring a DL and CB coach. Also love how he put the parentheses in to make sure there was no outrage
So that should settle everyone down regarding him changing our d from 3 down linemen. I can’t wait for next fall!

So that sounds like someone on the offense is taking over the RBs if we plan on hiring 2 defense coaches
I'm excited for DJ Smith to get going as a position coach. Gasporato and Smith should make quite the tandem with this new blood coming in as well.

I'm hopeful Roof brings in some aggressive 3-4 types. If anyone learned anything from Clemson's game against Alabama, the game should be attack, attack, attack. Always attack. App lacked a killer instinct on offense the past two seasons and that cost the game against Wake and Tennessee. No more running clock with ten minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

I'll Drink to that.
Reminds me of the game back during the Armanti days when we had it won comfortably and was trying to run the clock out late in the 4th. Other team's coach called a time out just to use it. Coach Moore called a running play but Armanti and his O was pissed about the other coach delaying the inevitable so they changed the play and scored another TD on a pass play. Other coach said in the post game interview they got what they deserved. Should have accepted the mercy but he learned his lesson. Im sure some of you will remember exactly who it was but I can't. Seems like it was a Ga school.

Pretty sure it was SC state in a playoff game. Armanti play actioned it and completed a pass that ended up putting him over the top yardage wise and setting some sort of record.
Probably my favorite screw you moment with the fake FG against GA state. Down big in a snowy cold game, they tookb3 consecutive TOs to “ice” our kicker, we ran a fake and put 7 on the board instead of 3

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Appstate35 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 pm
I really enjoyed listening to the interviews that Ethan put up. Roof, Dorsey, and Link all seem eager to get started and excited to be a part of the App family. I was pretty excited from the get go about what Roof had to offer the program but after listening to his interview I really really like him. He has been around the game a long time but is not above learning and adapting and I think the knowledge he brings to the program is nothing like we have ever had. Really excited for the spring, players developing and the season!

Where are these other interviews?

Appstate35

Unread post by Appstate35 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:40 pm
Appstate35 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:28 pm

Where are these other interviews?

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm

The Rock wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 pm
Appster99 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
The Rock wrote:
ukappfan wrote:

I'll Drink to that.

Pretty sure it was SC state in a playoff game. Armanti play actioned it and completed a pass that ended up putting him over the top yardage wise and setting some sort of record.
Probably my favorite screw you moment with the fake FG against GA state. Down big in a snowy cold game, they tookb3 consecutive TOs to “ice” our kicker, we ran a fake and put 7 on the board instead of 3
Bingo! That was it! Even my wife said, "why don't they just accept the fact it is impossible for them to win at this point. This was fun but I'm ready to get out of here. "

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Anything to get my mind off basketball ....

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:12 pm

Lance Thompson, S. Carolina’s Dline Coach is available. Not sure we could afford him, or if he has 3-4 experience. Plenty of SEC and P5 experience. Was tabbed as the nations #1 recruiter a few years ago. Worth a phone call if you ask me. GO APPS!!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Ok sports fans...as Roof said today during his media interview, he’s going to have a DL, outside linebackers, inside linebackers, cornerbacks, safeties position coaches.

Then who the heck from the offensive side is going to coach running backs? Watts? Dorsey? Clark? Link? Adams? or Drink? #trustthevisor
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Dorsey will be the RB coach if I had to guess.

Appstate35

Unread post by Appstate35 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:31 pm
Ok sports fans...as Roof said today during his media interview, he’s going to have a DL, outside linebackers, inside linebackers, cornerbacks, safeties position coaches.

Then who the heck from the offensive side is going to coach running backs? Watts? Dorsey? Clark? Link? Adams? or Drink? #trustthevisor

I would say Dorsey. Could be a collective thing with Link helping or something like that. Link is going to have to help somewhere. I would assume Dorsey is going to be working with QB's as well, so that makes it seem like it would be a staff thing. I think it was more important to have the DL and CB coaches added than to have a RB coach

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 pm

How about Watts coaching TE and Running backs or is that too much?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm
The Rock wrote:
Appster99 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
The Rock wrote:

I'll Drink to that.

Bingo! That was it! Even my wife said, "why don't they just accept the fact it is impossible for them to win at this point. This was fun but I'm ready to get out of here. "
If my memory is correct, the receiver was Brian Quick.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm

ericsaid wrote:
The Rock wrote:
ukappfan wrote:
Appstate35 wrote:

I'll Drink to that.
Did you not notice how many games this past season were run ups?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:18 pm
ericsaid wrote:
The Rock wrote:
ukappfan wrote:
Appstate35 wrote:

I'll Drink to that.
Did you not notice how many games this past season were run ups?
There were't many. If not for a special teams and defensive touchdown at Charlotte, App wins 31-9. App scored 45 of 52 points in the first half against USA.

The only game I can think of a run up is Gardner-Webb and MTSU.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 am

Dorsey will be the RB Coach.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:26 am

If we make a good play on special teams can we say “I’ll Link to that”?

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 am

Yes, Satterfield called the plays. Drink will call the plays. Not a lot will be different in THAT respect. Sounds like Roof gonna hire the appropriate position coaches to continue what we have become good at on the defensive side. Im pumped

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:17 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 am
Yes, Satterfield called the plays. Drink will call the plays. Not a lot will be different in THAT respect. Sounds like Roof gonna hire the appropriate position coaches to continue what we have become good at on the defensive side. Im pumped
But can he recruit? And how long will he be here?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:21 am

appsfan wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:35 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm
The Rock wrote:
Appster99 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:

I'll Drink to that.

If my memory is correct, the receiver was Brian Quick.
Yes. It was awesome. It was close to the loudest that stadium got all day, too. Everyone was so happy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”