Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Time for Change with App State Basketball

goapps93

Re: Time for Change with App State Basketball

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:15 am

It has to pain Allison to coach this offense after being at VMI. I wonder if he could install that fast-paced, high-flying offense as interim HC.
WE ARE YOSEF!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:28 am

The longer this continues the tougher it's going to be to at least stop the bleeding. I'm talking about the psyche of our team , this has become our culture .If nothing else he needs to go for their sake.

goapps1

Unread post by goapps1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:17 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 am
I really doubt that half of the people who make and/or post in these threads go to more than one or two games a year.

It's good that you care enough to mash your keyboards with the same complaints week after week but a lot of you need to actually show up.
Why show up when I’m two hours away and know we are going to lose in front of 800 fans? Fox is a nice guy, but he’s had plenty of time to turn it around. Time to go. We don’t ever FINISH games.

Unread post by 8993 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:27 am

My major concern at this point is that App is turning into a one trick pony with football being it for us. We went 18-36 in baseball last year, we're 3-5 in wrestling this year, 7-7 in women's basketball this year (which has seen improvement), 17-35 in softball last year, and are currently 5-11 in men's basketball this year.Those, in my mind, are some of the programs that need to be seeing more success than others. We're not there with any of them.

Football is App's thing and everybody knows that, but it's very sad and disheartening that once App's football season is over, we basically have to wait nearly 9 months until we have a winning season again. All around, there needs to be an overhaul of some of our programs, as we just aren't there yet. Until we see our Olympic sports up the ante, we will remain in the Sun Belt, as a conference like the AAC doesn't want to be associated with a program that can't win in anything but football, as football is only 4 months of the year.

Coach Fox is an outstanding individual, but he is not the person for App anymore, as he has maxed out in what he can do here. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but this team is embarrassing to watch, leading me to believe that they have lost all morale in getting better. I don't blame lack of fan attendance at the games, either, as fans won't attend if they don't have something to cheer for and when we continue to lose game after game after game in every single season, fans won't show up. People aren't going to buy season tickets to be disappointed and mad every single year.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:05 am

You are correct, until the other sports (non-football that is) pick it up we will remain where we are regardless of our success in football. I hate to pile on, however, our basketball program is nothing more than a total and complete embarrassment!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am

8993 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:27 am
My major concern at this point is that App is turning into a one trick pony with football being it for us. We went 18-36 in baseball last year, we're 3-5 in wrestling this year, 7-7 in women's basketball this year (which has seen improvement), 17-35 in softball last year, and are currently 5-11 in men's basketball this year.Those, in my mind, are some of the programs that need to be seeing more success than others. We're not there with any of them.

Football is App's thing and everybody knows that, but it's very sad and disheartening that once App's football season is over, we basically have to wait nearly 9 months until we have a winning season again. All around, there needs to be an overhaul of some of our programs, as we just aren't there yet. Until we see our Olympic sports up the ante, we will remain in the Sun Belt, as a conference like the AAC doesn't want to be associated with a program that can't win in anything but football, as football is only 4 months of the year.

Coach Fox is an outstanding individual, but he is not the person for App anymore, as he has maxed out in what he can do here. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes, but this team is embarrassing to watch, leading me to believe that they have lost all morale in getting better. I don't blame lack of fan attendance at the games, either, as fans won't attend if they don't have something to cheer for and when we continue to lose game after game after game in every single season, fans won't show up. People aren't going to buy season tickets to be disappointed and mad every single year.
While its true that we'd all like a more rounded athletic department overall, the AAC doesn't care about anything other than eyeballs. And more eyeballs. And no one watches anything besides football and basketball.

Yes there are pockets of college baseball and softball fans, but its several degrees less. Football is the hardest sport to have continued success in. If we can maintain our success in football, and build basketball slowly into just competing, we will be attractive to other conferences. At least as much as our location allows us to be.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Who is paying for his buyout?

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:28 pm

It takes motivation ,not frustration, for an older alum to drive 5 hours round trip in the middle of winter,through the mountains,at night....

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm
Maybe this is a chance for the big donor that insisted on us hiring Capel to step forward and try to make up for the mess he put us in. LOL, I don't know if that story is true or what, but if so...that guy!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am
8993 wrote:

While its true that we'd all like a more rounded athletic department overall, the AAC doesn't care about anything other than eyeballs. And more eyeballs. And no one watches anything besides football and basketball.

Yes there are pockets of college baseball and softball fans, but its several degrees less. Football is the hardest sport to have continued success in. If we can maintain our success in football, and build basketball slowly into just competing, we will be attractive to other conferences. At least as much as our location allows us to be.
Actually they went for athletics budget. Pure and simple. Houston is outpaying WVU for a head coach. Let that sink in.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Mexico
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

NO.2

Unread post by NO.2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm

goapps1 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:17 am
NO.2 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:43 am
I really doubt that half of the people who make and/or post in these threads go to more than one or two games a year.

It's good that you care enough to mash your keyboards with the same complaints week after week but a lot of you need to actually show up.
Why show up when I’m two hours away and know we are going to lose in front of 800 fans? Fox is a nice guy, but he’s had plenty of time to turn it around. Time to go. We don’t ever FINISH games.
Yeah...

I'm not as optimistic as I was at the time of that post. I think we've gone 1-6, maybe 1-7 since then.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:47 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:16 pm
The Texas schools come to Boone next. Have to at least have a split as the next three are on the road.
You're right but it isn't looking good after losing to UTA by 10 at home. :(
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
The other guy.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:23 am
8993 wrote:

Actually they went for athletics budget. Pure and simple. Houston is outpaying WVU for a head coach. Let that sink in.
That's because Houston has a billionaire donor, who appears to be the de facto athletic director. That's not really a situation I would want us to emulate. I don't want a donor running the show.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:19 pm

8993 wrote:

Just to be fair to our Olympic sports program... Wrestling is the reigning SoCon Champ; Volleyball played for the SBC Championship in Nov.; men's and women's T&F and men's and women's CC are always respectable as are men's and women's Golf and Tennis; men's Soccer, Field Hockey and Softball are all on the rise. Women's Soccer needs to kick it into a higher gear. Most of these programs are not fully funded with the max # of scholarships allowed by the NCAA. (I may have left a program OR some programs out. This is just "off the top" w/o checking the website.)
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:47 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Mexico
This is the comment of the year!!!!!!!
LMFAO