Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Another new hire

BlueCreekAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Another new hire

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm

BlueCreekAppFan

Re: Another new hire

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Staff coming together

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Resume seems strong minus his latest sting at Kansas. There is no school out there which screams "Just wait until Basketball Season rolls around!" like the Jayhawks.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 am

It appears to me, Robert, that Drink is putting together a damn good staff with experience like we have never had before. I really think this is a top 25 team for sure. Just hope we can keep "ALL" the kids and none will transfer. Go Apps!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 am
It appears to me, Robert, that Drink is putting together a damn good staff with experience like we have never had before. I really think this is a top 25 team for sure. Just hope we can keep "ALL" the kids and none will transfer. Go Apps!!
Does transferring not cost a year of eligibility? Satt's staff was great and took us to new heights, but if an athlete wants to follow a coach then his allegiance was not to our University. Good luck to them, but dont let the door hit you on the way to a rebuilding program that is years behind our program in that respect. Do they transfer to increase their draft stock since it is a P5 program? A standout on a winning team has to be more easily noticed by NFL scouts than a standout on a losing team regardless of P5 or G5. A point to ponder...

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am

Appster99 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 am
AppState89 wrote:
Does transferring not cost a year of eligibility? Satt's staff was great and took us to new heights, but if an athlete wants to follow a coach then his allegiance was not to our University. Good luck to them, but dont let the door hit you on the way to a rebuilding program that is years behind our program in that respect. Do they transfer to increase their draft stock since it is a P5 program? A standout on a winning team has to be more easily noticed by NFL scouts than a standout on a losing team regardless of P5 or G5. A point to ponder...
My understanding is that transfers have to sit out a year and would actually lose a year of eligibility if they had previously red-shirted a year...so not very smart. I believe they can transfer to an FCS school without sitting out a year though but why trade in the possibilities of this current team for a watered-down FCS landscape?

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am
Appster99 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
My understanding is that transfers have to sit out a year and would actually lose a year of eligibility if they had previously red-shirted a year...so not very smart. I believe they can transfer to an FCS school without sitting out a year though but why trade in the possibilities of this current team for a watered-down FCS landscape?
Totally agree. I think if they transfer it is for reasons like Hicks'. The RB stable is so deep and talented his abilities simply wouldn't allow playing reps. He wants to be on the field. His decision to transfer was best for his goals.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am
Rick83 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am
Appster99 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
Totally agree. I think if they transfer it is for reasons like Hicks'. The RB stable is so deep and talented his abilities simply wouldn't allow playing reps. He wants to be on the field. His decision to transfer was best for his goals.
Yep, HIcks is a good back but we're so deep with strong backs, don't blame him at all.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Yeah, Hicks would have left whether Satt was here or not. With the emergence on Peoples and Harrington looking healthy again....Marcus WJr and Evans already have their roles locked down. Hicks was the odd man out.
The Appalachian State

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:46 pm

Re.Hicks we aren’t as deep at corner as we were.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:52 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 pm
Resume seems strong minus his latest sting at Kansas. There is no school out there which screams "Just wait until Basketball Season rolls around!" like the Jayhawks.
I think our big brother in Chapel Hill screams this same mantra as well
BLACK SATURDAY

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:16 pm

Appster99 wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
I agree it would be stupid to transfer. I didn't mean leave App for follow Satt, just leave because they liked one of the coaches that left. It usually happens, just hope they all stay. I think they will really love the staff Drink has.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 am

Ryan Finley left Boise St when Coach Drink went to State from Boise St
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”