Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Spring Practice

Appstate88
School: Appalachian State

Spring Practice

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am

Hope Coach considers keeping spring practices early in 2019 as we have done in the past. Over the last few years, we have been one of the first to begin Spring Practice in all of FBS. Getting it done early, gives players more time to heal from any injuries and allows for nearly 5 months of solid conditioning/lifting before fall practice begins. I think the early Spring Ball practice schedule and not having to take a break from the heavy conditioning/lifting for a spring ball schedule has given us an edge against other SB programs.

Also, hope App State Sports considers broadcasting the Spring Game on AppVision.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppGrad78

Re: Spring Practice

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am
Hope Coach considers keeping spring practices early in 2019 as we have done in the past. Over the last few years, we have been one of the first to begin Spring Practice in all of FBS. Getting it done early, gives players more time to heal from any injuries and allows for nearly 5 months of solid conditioning/lifting before fall practice begins. I think the early Spring Ball practice schedule and not having to take a break from the heavy conditioning/lifting for a spring ball schedule has given us an edge against other SB programs.

Also, hope App State Sports considers broadcasting the Spring Game on AppVision.
It's not going to happen this year. Coach Drinkwitz says he needs the time in January, February and most of March to concentrate on the thousands of things a new coach with a 60-percent new coaching staff needs to focus on. Understandable, in my book.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:08 pm

Hope he goes back to it next year.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Nothing wrong with having a traditional spring. If it was such a great idea don't you think everyone would be doing it by now?

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 am

I don't think there was anything right or wrong about having Spring practice in February. But it would be nice to get to the Rock in April for a little tailgate and Spring game action.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 am

Maybe it is less important now than when we transitioned from FCS to FBS. All I know is we’ve gotten stronger, leaner and faster than almost every team we have faced the last few years. I believe because they could see where they stood on the team earlier and had longer to change how physically prepared they were when fall camp came. We have a strong strength and conditioning program. It will be nice to see a spring game. Just hope we have no injuries With the later spring practice schedule.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:14 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:55 am
Maybe it is less important now than when we transitioned from FCS to FBS. All I know is we’ve gotten stronger, leaner and faster than almost every team we have faced the last few years. I believe because they could see where they stood on the team earlier and had longer to change how physically prepared they were when fall camp came. We have a strong strength and conditioning program. It will be nice to see a spring game. Just hope we have no injuries With the later spring practice schedule.
The biggest part of it is giving time for soft tissue injuries to heal, I believe. You don't want inflammation of any tendons beginning in April and then require diving right into lifting and then fall camp.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
While i understand your reservation, i just don’t think moving it back 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things is going to have some huge impact on the players or there strength and conditioning. There were some things that need to be fixed with S&C also, wasn’t all sunshine and roses over the past few years, awful lot of hamstring pulls and that of the like.

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Coach Drinkwitz told us during the meet and greet yesterday before the basketball game that we will have something like a Spring Football Game on Saturday 30 March 2019. Then he told DG about it when he came into the room later. That was funny. That also was great news to me. I dread the next 8 months without App State Football and that will help break that up some.
I also checked the baseball schedule and we have a home game in Boone with Texas State on 30 March 2019, so hopefully we will get to go to both events that day and tailgate before the game.

Beat ETSU!!
Give Em Hell!!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:21 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
While i understand your reservation, i just don’t think moving it back 3 weeks in the grand scheme of things is going to have some huge impact on the players or there strength and conditioning. There were some things that need to be fixed with S&C also, wasn’t all sunshine and roses over the past few years, awful lot of hamstring pulls and that of the like.
3 weeks for soft tissue injuries and muscle strains (tears) is a decent amount of healing time. For the entire roster, it probably isn't a big deal. However, if your two deep starts to get the nicks and pulls, those extra 3 weeks between practice and lifting can make all of the difference.

I'm hopeful that Zac takes the offense into his own hands during the summer and schedules player workouts to get the team going on the new playbook. That extra work may also benefit from extra healing time in the Spring.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Copycat Stink continues to adopt things from App to try and get to our level. I wish we were doing Spring Practice earlier as well this year.

https://gseagles.com/news/2019/1/23/foo ... eased.aspx
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm
Copycat Stink continues to adopt things from App to try and get to our level. I wish we were doing Spring Practice earlier as well this year.

Sure hope we go back to really early spring ball in 2020.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Sure hope we go back to really early spring ball in 2020.
Bump
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:16 pm

227 days until Morgan State. Beat Morgan State!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”