Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Love Eric Church but damn it stop

DontPlayWithYosef
School: Appalachian State

Love Eric Church but damn it stop

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Fri May 31, 2019 11:03 pm

AppinVA

Re: Love Eric Church but damn it stop

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 pm

Luke > Eric.

This is no longer a debate.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 am

Ask people who know me. I never trusted him. He said he rooted for the Tar Heels growing up, but App tried to embrace him anyway. I know App fans who got into his music, talking about how good he is, why he was better than every other new country artist, drinking the kool aid, all because he was presented as authentic.

I've been told more times than I care to know "You should like Eric Church, he went to App" or some variation of it.

When he did the "Welcome to the Rock" intro that briefly replaced Sean Connery in 2013, it was no secret the Payroll hated that the fans rejected it.

"An App grad did something nice for his alma-mater and some people on the internet had to ruin it," said Payroll, circa 2013-14.

He was paraded at the Miami game so he could sell way-too-expensive jeans with his logo on it to App fans.

I understand he's done good things for App behind the scenes. I've been told that many times. But it's all behind the scenes so he doesn't trigger his Sky Blue friends, IMO.

He represents a number of App fans we don't want to admit exists. The ones who wear their black and gold from August through November, then dust off their blue argyle in November and keep their black and gold in the closet until July. The ones who didn't want App to move to FBS because secretly, they would rather have their FCS team and their FBS team with that barrier between them.

To me, he was never a traitor because he was never an authentic App fan.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:46 am

Maybe he can be Mack’s new bag man...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:52 am

He’s an absolute clown. I never cared for him, and I still don’t. I hope we hang 100 on them in September. They can have him.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:23 am

This would be funny if it were tongue and cheek, but if you are truly showing disdain for someone for liking something that you don’t, well that’s pathetic.

Actually, it makes you worse than pathetic, it makes you sound like a Georgia Southern fan.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:26 am

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:26 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 am
Ask people who know me. I never trusted him. He said he rooted for the Tar Heels growing up, but App tried to embrace him anyway. I know App fans who got into his music, talking about how good he is, why he was better than every other new country artist, drinking the kool aid, all because he was presented as authentic.

I've been told more times than I care to know "You should like Eric Church, he went to App" or some variation of it.

When he did the "Welcome to the Rock" intro that briefly replaced Sean Connery in 2013, it was no secret the Payroll hated that the fans rejected it.

"An App grad did something nice for his alma-mater and some people on the internet had to ruin it," said Payroll, circa 2013-14.

He was paraded at the Miami game so he could sell way-too-expensive jeans with his logo on it to App fans.

I understand he's done good things for App behind the scenes. I've been told that many times. But it's all behind the scenes so he doesn't trigger his Sky Blue friends, IMO.

He represents a number of App fans we don't want to admit exists. The ones who wear their black and gold from August through November, then dust off their blue argyle in November and keep their black and gold in the closet until July. The ones who didn't want App to move to FBS because secretly, they would rather have their FCS team and their FBS team with that barrier between them.

To me, he was never a traitor because he was never an authentic App fan.
Props to T-Dog, could not have said it better myself!

GTH Carolina, give me the Black & Gold over EVERYBODY.

GO APPS!!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 am

SLAYERRRRR!!!!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:49 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:23 am
This would be funny if it were tongue and cheek, but if you are truly showing disdain for someone for liking something that you don’t, well that’s pathetic.

Actually, it makes you worse than pathetic, it makes you sound like a Georgia Southern fan.
It’s hurtful to Appalachian that one of our most famous alumni is an Uncle Tom. It is our duty as Mountaineers to roast this guy.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:59 am

Gonzo wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:49 am
AppSt94 wrote:

It’s hurtful to Appalachian that one of our most famous alumni is an Uncle Tom. It is our duty as Mountaineers to roast this guy.
How so? It’s his money and he gives to App. You think that money he give to Carolina should go to App instead? Cool, that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it. How anyone spends their money should be no ones else’s business, but calling people out and shaming people for it is childish.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:06 am

Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Absolutely. Pathetic, glad hes helping UNC recruit the same year we are playing them- and players that will be playing us in Boone in a few years.

I firmly believe anyone that is an App grad and fan and still a fan of UNC simply doesn't understand the dynamic between the two schools.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 am

I don't like that he is also a Carolina fan but he has done things for App and brought attention to the university that he didn't have to do. I would think our goal would be to win over his heart completely to the mountain and to distance him from the Hill. I'm not sure verbally assaulting or shaming him is the way to do that. If I'm ever presented with the opportunity to speak with him I'll celebrate our common ground of being App grads and thank him for his support. Just my humble opinion.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:19 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:59 am
Gonzo wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

How so? It’s his money and he gives to App. You think that money he give to Carolina should go to App instead? Cool, that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it. How anyone spends their money should be no ones else’s business, but calling people out and shaming people for it is childish.
I hate seeing Eric Church cozying up with UNC also, but ultimately it's his decision. It doesn't create any moral imperative for App fans. This argument comes up every time there is a picture of him wearing a Carolina blue ball cap or t-shirt.

I don't know if Eric Church also contributes to App State or not. Does anyone else on here know for a fact? Please don't jump in with assumptions here. My point is that, making the choice to "roast" him publicly over ever UNC friendly Twitter post will just serve to we never receive future support.

Hey, I agree that he falls short of our ideal "fandom" standard. Folks on here can't stand dual fans, especially when the other team is UNC. We need to grow to the point where we are offended every time this happens.

For the record, I am not and have never been a UNC fan. I am, however a Georgia fan. My father and most of my extended family graduated from UGA and I grew up pulling for the Dawgs. I own a few t-shirts and caps. They get pulled out and dusted off occasionally when there is a Georgia game on a day when there is no App game. I don't give money to Georgia. I went to the games when App played at Georgia and wore my Black and Gold. I couldn't care less if anyone has a problem with Georgia being my #2. Just my opinion. Have at it.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:47 am

I love his music but this will make me turn him off for a while. Didn’t need to be involved with their football program and especially not this year.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:48 am

It amazes me that some of our own can’t comprehend that we belong among the top football programs in the state. Championships, bowl wins, rankings, etc.. don’t even seem to convince them. It’s not just Church. Remember the campus radio station? Local sports bars encouraging patrons to wear their Dook/Tarhole gear to the “big game”? It’s a free country, but inferiority complexes are pretty sad, and unnecessary if you support the black and gold. On 9/21 we are coming to bury the Holes, not to praise them.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:20 am

Wannabe :(

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:34 am

I’m sure it didn’t help that a bunch of idiots got mad that we replaced the clip from that 90’s Nick Cage movie with a clip of Eric Church. That must have chilled his enthusiasm for his alma mater and for that I don’t blame him.

That said, supporting UNC is treason. We’ve been over this 1,000 times. Most notably, the Tar Heel-stuffed Board of Governors (and the legislature) spend less money per student on Appalachian than they do ANY of the 16 other UNC system schools. UNC is so corrupt they got away with the biggest academic fraud scandal in US History. They’ve only recently agreed to finally play us in football. Every ounce of energy and every dime spent in support of their bloated, baby blue purse deprives Appalachian, who is desperately in need of those things, of the same.

There are very real, palpable reasons to despise UNC Chapel Hill if you really support App State. I call “duel-fans” of App and UNC Uncle Toms for a reason. They are complicit in their own subjugation.

*u*k UNC

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 am

Never met him and I'm not really big on his kind of music.

After reading this maybe he stops giving all together when he sees the ungrateful fans. Hes not the only medium to big donor that does that. How about we eliminate all the donations from those that also donate to another school and see how that works out for us. So lets start with everything created by Belk. This demand of loyalty to a university is also just silly. I am an alum of App and I love the school and it sports but if someone started talking to me like you guys are talking to him and demanding loyalty that would leave a sour dictator taste.

Basically you guys telling him what to do with his money can shove it. He paid his tuition. He doesn't owe the university a damn thing. He sure and Hell doesn't owe any of you a single thing. Last I checked we live in an amazingly free country.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:43 am

Yes, he’s free to be a disloyal prick and we’re free to complain about it.

I don’t think Eric Church reads YC and if I worked in fundraising at App I wouldn’t approach him this way.

Come on, man.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”