Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CONCACAF Men's Gold Cup Qtr Final: USMNT v. Curacao 8 PM ET, FS1/Fox Sports Go

asu66
School: Appalachian State

CONCACAF Men's Gold Cup Qtr Final: USMNT v. Curacao 8 PM ET, FS1/Fox Sports Go

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:33 am

Gen. Mgr. Gregg Berhalter's USA men's national team, now undergoing a complete rebuild from the pitch playing surface to the top of their heads, stand at 3-0-0 as they face a deceptively strong Curacao side at 8 PM ET (Sunday) from Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field. The match will be telecast live on FS1 with live streaming available at Fox Sports Go. This is a knockout match with the winners advancing to the CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-finals and the losers being dispatched back to their home training facilities.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Re: CONCACAF Men's Gold Cup Qtr Final: USMNT v. Curacao 8 PM ET, FS1/Fox Sports Go

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:14 am

I’ll be watching.

MountaineerMafia

Re: CONCACAF Men's Gold Cup Qtr Final: USMNT v. Curacao 8 PM ET, FS1/Fox Sports Go

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:59 am

Went to the 6-0 drubbing in Cleveland. Great game and atmosphere! No reason why the US shouldn’t win this one and move on to face Panama/Jamaica. The Canada vs Haiti game was incredible! Couldn’t stay awake for the Mexico vs Costa Rica game but sounds like a great finish there. Shaping up to be a great tournament this time around!
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:30 am

We looked pretty terrible outside of a moment of brilliance from Pulisic and McKennie

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:26 am

This American squad lacks creativity and plays way too slow. Our effort at a high press was rather pathetic.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 am

We did play very slow...allowed Curacao to get back on D quickly. They outquicked us...Passes were too often without pace....got to be MUCH better or the Reggae Boys gonna beat us again

appmaj

Unread post by appmaj » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:38 am

Must improve against Jamaica. would like to see Jozy get some time.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:51 am

Jozy will start vs. Jamaica. He would have started last night had it been a more notable opponent. They have been extremely cautious with his comeback from injury (rightfully so) but I think the training wheels come off on Wednesday.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:23 pm

A question for those who follow soccer more than I do: What’s your opinion of Michael Bradley contribution to the team? He sure seemed out of sync last night.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:39 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:23 pm
A question for those who follow soccer more than I do: What’s your opinion of Michael Bradley contribution to the team? He sure seemed out of sync last night.
He wasn't the only one....I like Bradley. he's generally a unflappable calm distributor of the ball. I was more dissappointed in Zardes. I would have taken him out andput Altidore in mid way 2nd half.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of Bradley. Many people will call for his head and scream at every mistake he makes, but heres my question in return: If not Bradley in the midfield, then who?

After failing to qualify, we tried many different midfielders for two years and no one took his spot. The coaching staff begged for Will Trapp to win that position but constant horrible performances finally relegated him to the bench. The answer here is an easy one, Michael Bradley is the best we have until someone else can step up and prove otherwise. Plenty have been given that opportunity, all have flopped.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:47 pm

:? Virtually the whole team seemed out of sync. I mean that was a knockout match with the loser going home. Of course, it's good to win under Berhalter's guidance but beauty is only skin deep. Curacao won that match in every statistical category except the scoreboard. USA dodged a bullet.

Based on that one match, it was one step forward for USA and a couple of steps back. Berhalter's up for a report card after this tourney and he'd better kick some butts for last night's third-rate performance. He needs seven or eight better players--overnight!

Jamaica's licking their chops to embarrass us again.

https://www.socceramerica.com/publicati ... ainst.html
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:08 pm

I think part of the problem was the mass lineup change. Rhythm is everything and this line sat the last game...
IMO a tactical mistake

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:39 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm
AppGrad78 wrote:
I'm in the minority, but I'm a fan of Bradley. Many people will call for his head and scream at every mistake he makes, but heres my question in return: If not Bradley in the midfield, then who?

After failing to qualify, we tried many different midfielders for two years and no one took his spot. The coaching staff begged for Will Trapp to win that position but constant horrible performances finally relegated him to the bench. The answer here is an easy one, Michael Bradley is the best we have until someone else can step up and prove otherwise. Plenty have been given that opportunity, all have flopped.
That's less an endorsement of Bradley and more a condemnation of what is behind him. We will always struggle until we find a more creative center mid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”