Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2019 Ga Southern game need some advice

NoLongerLurking
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2019 Ga Southern game need some advice

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Once again, thanks for making me feel sane YC.

goappstate19

Unread post by goappstate19 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:28 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:23 pm
How does a person become a new App State fan? Not that we aren't happy to have new fans, but this introduction is interesting. Curiosity getting the better of me.
Well here goes I have a good friend and he is a Wake Forest Fan. And I went to Clemson and cheer for them. So we decided to come up with a team we could both cheer for and we chose App State. Always have admired from afar so it was a no brainer for me. Also said friend has a vaca house in Newland so we will be driving to and fro there.

Anyway nothing but respect for App State and excited to go to the Ga Southern game.

goappstate19

Unread post by goappstate19 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:40 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:11 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am
I sent a PM to the new fans yesterday. heard nothing back...
Which means they are not on Yosef's Cabin religiously. Possible red flag if you ask me.
Hey I understand the septicism here, I would probably react the same. But reality is we are coming to the game to cheer for App. Have bought an App Cap and have an App Banner flying at our Beach House. So believe what you want but just looking for some tickets and a good time at the game! Go APP (see I am learning).

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:00 pm

goappystate wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:28 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:23 pm
How does a person become a new App State fan? Not that we aren't happy to have new fans, but this introduction is interesting. Curiosity getting the better of me.
Well here goes I have a good friend and he is a Wake Forest Fan. And I went to Clemson and cheer for them. So we decided to come up with a team we could both cheer for and we chose App State. Always have admired from afar so it was a no brainer for me. Also said friend has a vaca house in Newland so we will be driving to and fro there.

Anyway nothing but respect for App State and excited to go to the Ga Southern game.
Welcome aboard!!! But, can the appystate moniker. Some alumni are offended by the term.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm

I'm fine with "Appy." Look at how WSU has embraced "Wazzu," Missouri with "Mizzou," and Syracuse's "Cuse."

Even if you don't personally say Appy, getting triggered by it is pretty comical, IMO.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 pm

How about just App?

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Go Appy Neers!!!!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:52 am

Septicism? Not Appy. APP!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Life is Good will make collegiate brand shirts....ie. AppState shirt.
I want one with mountain background. Camping gear. The dog. And a quote saying “Happy Appy”

It will be my favorite Life is Good shirt. Someone please design it and make it happen. I have zero artistic skills but I know there is an App for it. “There’s an App for that” or “There’s an Happy Appy for that”

goappstate19

Unread post by goappstate19 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 am

Alright changed the username. Have a good 4th!

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:47 am

goappstate19 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 am
Alright changed the username. Have a good 4th!
Happy Neers!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:28 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:33 pm
Life is Good will make collegiate brand shirts....ie. AppState shirt.
I want one with mountain background. Camping gear. The dog. And a quote saying “Happy Appy”

It will be my favorite Life is Good shirt. Someone please design it and make it happen. I have zero artistic skills but I know there is an App for it. “There’s an App for that” or “There’s an Happy Appy for that”
Our branding does not include Appy nor Neers.........Cringe worthy.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 pm
I'm fine with "Appy." Look at how WSU has embraced "Wazzu," Missouri with "Mizzou," and Syracuse's "Cuse."

Even if you don't personally say Appy, getting triggered by it is pretty comical, IMO.

Who exactly is triggered? I don't like it, but I don't get upset by it. It did used to perturb me when Cricket Morton used to say it derisively several times a night on Delano Little and her show on WBT-TV. But I never threw a shoe at the TV though. ;)
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:18 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:

What if they said Cusey, mizzouy, or Wazzuy?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm
SayYesToTheRock wrote:

Who exactly is triggered? I don't like it, but I don't get upset by it. It did used to perturb me when Cricket Morton used to say it derisively several times a night on Delano Little and her show on WBT-TV. But I never threw a shoe at the TV though. ;)

Truly depends on who you ask. Some say it originated from within the electronic media covering the Chattanooga Mocs during the late 80s SoCon MBB Tourneys played in Asheville's Civic Center. My wife's WVA family/all Marshall alums/fans vow and declare it came forth from Huntington's WSAZ-TV3 during those same tourney days when Herd fans turned Asheville green for a late Feb or early March week every year!

Actually, I'm pretty sure the "Appy State" moniker goes back at least to the '78 FB season and the 72-14 early October beat-down the Mocs put on Jim Brakefield's "Appys" at the old Chamberlin Field venue. I was there for that stompin' and won't ever forget the loooooong drive back. I credit the TIMES FREE PRESS sports desk for the insult. And they did intend for it to be taken as an insult!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:13 am

It definitely goes back further than the late 80's. There was a page in the Yearbook while I was in school about the use of "Appy State" saying that if other schools insist on using that name we will start calling them Chatty, Marshy, Davey, Furmy, etc. I graduated in 84 and that name preceded me.

That being said, the name "Happy Appy" was not particularly loathed and didn't carry the same reaction....at least to my recollection.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:41 am

Nappy Heers!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:13 am
It definitely goes back further than the late 80's. There was a page in the Yearbook while I was in school about the use of "Appy State" saying that if other schools insist on using that name we will start calling them Chatty, Marshy, Davey, Furmy, etc. I graduated in 84 and that name preceded me.

That being said, the name "Happy Appy" was not particularly loathed and didn't carry the same reaction....at least to my recollection.
We shouldn't conflate "Happy Appy" with some rabid rival fan or rival sportscaster mouthing off about "loathsome hillbillies" or "miserable appys."

"Happy Appy" is a positive term. It reflects our good fortune in landing in such a magnificent setting and at such a splendid school. The bookstore used to sell handsome wall plaques incorporating the term. I know they sold, because we've had one since...uhhh...well let's just say we've had one for quite a while. :lol:

The "appy bombs" and the many snide or profane variations we get tossed our way speak for themselves and for the source...
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:17 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:13 am

We shouldn't conflate "Happy Appy" with some rabid rival fan or rival sportscaster mouthing off about "loathsome hillbillies" or "miserable appys."

"Happy Appy" is a positive term. It reflects our good fortune in landing in such a magnificent setting and at such a splendid school. The bookstore used to sell handsome wall plaques incorporating the term. I know they sold, because we've had one since...uhhh...well let's just say we've had one for quite a while. :lol:

The "appy bombs" and the many snide or profane variations we get tossed our way speak for themselves and for the source...
There are many who disagree.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:19 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:36 am
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:08 pm
SayYesToTheRock wrote:

Truly depends on who you ask. Some say it originated from within the electronic media covering the Chattanooga Mocs during the late 80s SoCon MBB Tourneys played in Asheville's Civic Center. My wife's WVA family/all Marshall alums/fans vow and declare it came forth from Huntington's WSAZ-TV3 during those same tourney days when Herd fans turned Asheville green for a late Feb or early March week every year!

Actually, I'm pretty sure the "Appy State" moniker goes back at least to the '78 FB season and the 72-14 early October beat-down the Mocs put on Jim Brakefield's "Appys" at the old Chamberlin Field venue. I was there for that stompin' and won't ever forget the loooooong drive back. I credit the TIMES FREE PRESS sports desk for the insult. And they did intend for it to be taken as an insult!
You only had one dreadful hour back. Many of us had 3, 4, & 5 hours home.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”