Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

'19 Women's World Cup Final: USA v. The Netherlands 11 AM FOX

asu66
School: Appalachian State

'19 Women's World Cup Final: USA v. The Netherlands 11 AM FOX

Unread post by asu66 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm

It's the wannabe three-in-a-row World Cup Champs (USA...going for their fourth overall) versus the reigning European Champions (Netherlands) who've never won a Word Cup title. Two well-tested, well-coached teams--each with a roster of heralded, world-class athletes unaccustomed to losing. Each "carrying" roster players with controversy always swirling around them. Yeah, that includes you, Rapino.

It's now time for the personal drama to end and for the training cream to rise to the top!

USA side... https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/so ... yers-watch

Dutch side... https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/fifa-w ... ional-team
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: '19 Women's World Cup Final: USA v. The Netherlands 11 AM FOX

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:38 pm

On the one hand the WNT should be paid equal to the men and having the WNT win the WWC would not hurt their argument. On the other hand I hate seeing one team be so dominate in a sport (unless it is App State). I would like to see another country take home the Cup so I am leaning Netherlands at this point. I was really hoping England would have not had the offsides call that would have tied up the game at 2 all. I guess I should have put this in the "Unpopular Opinion" thread from a few weeks ago as I am sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Let’s go ladies! All the noise is a nothing burger.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:41 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:38 pm
On the one hand the WNT should be paid equal to the men and having the WNT win the WWC would not hurt their argument. On the other hand I hate seeing one team be so dominate in a sport (unless it is App State). I would like to see another country take home the Cup so I am leaning Netherlands at this point. I was really hoping England would have not had the offsides call that would have tied up the game at 2 all. I guess I should have put this in the "Unpopular Opinion" thread from a few weeks ago as I am sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion.
I like our players and want them to win.....and stomp the Dutch like their speedskaters do ours....
Last edited by Rekdiver on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:13 pm

You're an odd one

ggasu

Unread post by ggasu » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Yeah....you should have probably erased this post by now. Are you really pulling for another country? Cmon man.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:41 pm
I let me our players and want them to win.....
I do appreciate them for what they do and they seem to be stand-up people. I certainly don't have anything against any of them that would push me to root against them, and if they win I am not going to be upset, but I do like to share the wealth on things such as this.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:19 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I do appreciate them for what they do and they seem to be stand-up people. I certainly don't have anything against any of them that would push me to root against them, and if they win I am not going to be upset, but I do like to share the wealth on things such as this.
By this logic, you should be pulling hard for GA State to beat us this fall! What the heck is wrong with you?!? :)

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
And I was going to bite my tongue, but the heck with it. The word is DOMINANT!
Its nails on a chalkboard to me when people say dominate when its supposed to be domiNANT! There. Thats what you get for pulling against the USA.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Netherlands has been my second favorite team in the Cup and they will remain so in the Championship! Go USA!!!!!!!
Bring Your A Game!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:31 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:59 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
And I was going to bite my tongue, but the heck with it. The word is DOMINANT!
Its nails on a chalkboard to me when people say dominate when its supposed to be domiNANT! There. Thats what you get for pulling against the USA.
That is a fare argument you have there against my post. In my defence I did just wake up from a nice summer slumber.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
By this logic, you should be pulling hard for GA State to beat us this fall! What the heck is wrong with you?!? :)
If you re-read my post you will note I said unless it is App State.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 pm

No 'Neers! Beat ETSU! Go Neersderland, beat USA!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:59 pm

asu66 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm
It's the wannabe three-in-a-row World Cup Champs (USA...going for their fourth overall) versus the reigning European Champions (Netherlands) who've never won a Word Cup title. Two well-tested, well-coached teams--each with a roster of heralded, world-class athletes unaccustomed to losing. Each "carrying" roster players with controversy always swirling around them. Yeah, that includes you, Rapino.

It's now time for the personal drama to end and for the training cream to rise to the top!

USA side... https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/so ... yers-watch

Dutch side... https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/fifa-w ... ional-team
Lost to Japan in 2011, won it in 2015. This would only be back to back
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:56 am

In front of the Telly with my coffee waiting for this match to start!!! U S A!
U S A! U S A!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:31 am

Several good crosses from right side but no one making a run. Come on ladies.
Bring Your A Game!

VNova

Unread post by VNova » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:50 am

Heck of a game based on the FIFA live blog. Go USA!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Standout tournament by the lasses.

We’ve won 50% of the world cups. Can’t wait for 2023

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Again quality of play was outstandinng by the USA. Goal by the Lavelle was a corker!!!!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 pm
AppinATL wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
If you re-read my post you will note I said unless it is App State.
I thought about a reply for a while...so you think the Olympic Men’s basketball team should lose.....Babe it’s USA all the way...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”