Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

North End Zone Construction

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: North End Zone Construction

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:23 pm
Apptiger wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm
I just think it is absurd and evidence of poor planning to tear up the track without one already being built. If that is progress, someone needs his/her head examined. It used to be one of our more successful programs.
This.....can't believe it.
$$$$$$
New track on 105 should have come before tearing down Owens. Common sense.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:11 am

What's wrong with this site?

StripedSquadAlum

Unread post by StripedSquadAlum » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am

I’ve seen people complaining about ineptitude of planning and this and that. For context, I’ve lived in Boone for 8 years and currently go to Quinn every week so I see the construction. This is the most impressive work of construction I’ve ever seen, especially in Boone. I’ve never seen anything go up this fast. I’ve seen two apartment complexes in the last 5 years get delayed for months after school started, forcing kids to live in hotels. In stadium lot, they were doing construction after football season ended, but started doing way more as soon as summer started. There are two total available rows at the back of Stadium Lot for parking right now. They obviously couldn’t have done that with students who paid for passes here. The amount they’ve done in the last month and a half still with another month and a half to go, I’d be shocked if they don’t finish on time. And if they do? This is some Extreme Makeover Home Edition type work. Give credit where it’s due.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 am

Someone finally saw how ridiculous it was and reversed course (maybe they read the board).
Softball field relocation delayed at Appalachian's 105 site; track, tennis to go first https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news/so ... 929f9.html
Still it will be 2.5 years to 3 years before track has a home.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:04 am

StripedSquadAlum wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am
I’ve seen people complaining about ineptitude of planning and this and that. For context, I’ve lived in Boone for 8 years and currently go to Quinn every week so I see the construction. This is the most impressive work of construction I’ve ever seen, especially in Boone. I’ve never seen anything go up this fast. I’ve seen two apartment complexes in the last 5 years get delayed for months after school started, forcing kids to live in hotels. In stadium lot, they were doing construction after football season ended, but started doing way more as soon as summer started. There are two total available rows at the back of Stadium Lot for parking right now. They obviously couldn’t have done that with students who paid for passes here. The amount they’ve done in the last month and a half still with another month and a half to go, I’d be shocked if they don’t finish on time. And if they do? This is some Extreme Makeover Home Edition type work. Give credit where it’s due.
Besides the NEZP and tailgating, I don't think that their is much complaining about the construction. The deck is at about 80-90% and will be done well in advance of the season.

The issue that it here is that there were many statements that were made about the NEZP that were unlikely or not feasible due to the nature of a project like this.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:56 am

appgrouch wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 am
One thing to note on the budget issue, there has still been no announcement of the "Tenant" that will be leasing the Clinic area. It may be that the original plans for who that would be fell through and that they are still trying to get something worked out and in writing.
This was originally supposed to be App Ortho. They backed out. Not sure why or exactly when, but they backed out on some funding of the project too from what I heard.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:56 am
appgrouch wrote:
One thing to note on the budget issue, there has still been no announcement of the "Tenant" that will be leasing the Clinic area. It may be that the original plans for who that would be fell through and that they are still trying to get something worked out and in writing.
This was originally supposed to be App Ortho. They backed out. Not sure why or exactly when, but they backed out on some funding of the project too from what I heard.
I think that is was partly logistics. Parking for staff/patients at the building, access for weekday games, etc. It was back towards the first of the year as far as I know.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:14 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:11 am
The web site or the NEZP site?

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 am

appgrouch wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:13 am
BooneKarate wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
I think that is was partly logistics. Parking for staff/patients at the building, access for weekday games, etc. It was back towards the first of the year as far as I know.
This falls in line with what I heard too. Can't imagine that something got cross between athletics and App Ortho and them not fully part ways. I'm sure it was a business decision on App Ortho's end.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 am
appgrouch wrote:
BooneKarate wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
This falls in line with what I heard too. Can't imagine that something got cross between athletics and App Ortho and them not fully part ways. I'm sure it was a business decision on App Ortho's end.
You are going to have the Bookstore (Fan Store), Food Services (Banquet area and Catering), the Clinic (?), Athletics staff and coaches, Yosef Club, and maybe the ticket office?. All will need parking at or around the building. I think part of the issue was if there was dedicated spaces and how they would be distributed. The NEZP was developed separately from the Village at the Rock Complex and some of what was planned had to be changed. I think at one point Jack Branch Drive would have been pushed back a little and that can't happen now. That and App Ortho can get a lot more space around the Medical District.

I would not be shocked if the clinic was completely changed to something else before the building is completed.

BooneKarate

Unread post by BooneKarate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 am

appgrouch wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am
BooneKarate wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
BooneKarate wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
You are going to have the Bookstore (Fan Store), Food Services (Banquet area and Catering), the Clinic (?), Athletics staff and coaches, Yosef Club, and maybe the ticket office?. All will need parking at or around the building. I think part of the issue was if there was dedicated spaces and how they would be distributed. The NEZP was developed separately from the Village at the Rock Complex and some of what was planned had to be changed. I think at one point Jack Branch Drive would have been pushed back a little and that can't happen now. That and App Ortho can get a lot more space around the Medical District.

I would not be shocked if the clinic was completely changed to something else before the building is completed.
I wouldn't be surprised either. I wish they would put out a plan of what's happening exactly. I feel like we are all talking to various people that are highly involved and they all have slightly different responses to it all. Starts to make me feel like the people who are planning it don't even know the plan.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 am

BooneKarate wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:14 am
appgrouch wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am
BooneKarate wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
BooneKarate wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised either. I wish they would put out a plan of what's happening exactly. I feel like we are all talking to various people that are highly involved and they all have slightly different responses to it all. Starts to make me feel like the people who are planning it don't even know the plan.
That is the main issue. As much as some people want to call this an Athletics Building, it is not. Athletics will be about half the building, 30-40% will be University Services (Food & Bookstore) and the rest will be the clinic.

Let us not fool ourselves, Without the other groups, the building would not be happening at all right now. Since a good bit of the building will be used and used more frequently by others that are paying their part of the costs, then all parties have to come to agreements.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 am

appgrouch wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:14 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
The website.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 am
appgrouch wrote:
ASU3432Mi wrote:
The website.

I couldn't get in Monday nor Tuesday...kept getting a 404 screen. Now I can only get to the Football thread..no others.
Google SUX

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm

The softball stadium has been delayed and now the track and tennis facilities will be built first.

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news/so ... 929f9.html

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am

NewApp wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
ASU3432Mi wrote:
The website.

I couldn't get in Monday nor Tuesday...kept getting a 404 screen. Now I can only get to the Football thread..no others.
I'm still having problems getting to the Yosefs Cabin homepage. Something called Inmotion keeps popping up when I try.

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:37 am

So........ if there is not a tenant for the building how are they going to retire the giant loan they took out?

On the flip side western grad and I were taking about their p3 dorms. They have rental space for restaurants/ a tap room in their dorms as tenants to cover the retirement of the debt/ revenue. The only thing I could see that wouldn’t work at app is that it would break the monopoly food service has on campus and they wouldn’t be big fans of that. Oddly I think we are one of the few schools where our food service is a a school owned company and not contracted company.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:26 am
NewApp wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
appgrouch wrote:
ASU3432Mi wrote:
The website.

I'm still having problems getting to the Yosefs Cabin homepage. Something called Inmotion keeps popping up when I try.
Same here, 3432.
Google SUX

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I don't see the building being ready for the 2020 season opener.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:40 pm
I don't see the building being ready for the 2020 season opener.
I agree. But looks like they did something for the first time in weeks. They dug some holes today....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”