Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Fan Fest 2019

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Fan Fest 2019

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 am

Can we whine more about fan fest?

app97

Unread post by app97 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 am

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm
app97 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:31 pm
Agreed, spirited, enthusiastic players and Roof seemed to be the most enthusiastic coach from my perspective. The concessions ran out of everything (which I’m sure wasn’t much for this event) within 30 minutes when cold bottled water was needed. I wish I would have at least carried in my boys’ water bottles. Posters ran out on one side quickly, so fans grabbed them out of a box on the other end of the track...saw lots of grown men taking 5 or more of them when my kids were waiting patiently to get one. This wasn’t as organized as the last time we attended 2 or 3 years ago. The student athletes were very gracious with the kids, though, after practicing in the heat.

I’ve noticed in video clips and again today a RB, #45 is being used a lot, although I don’t see an offensive player with #45 on the roster. I assume he’s a freshman.
I'm so bad with names.... I was joking with him on the field that it was about time we got a full back.... Gabe Montgomery I believe.
Ok. Looks like he’s been updated on the roster as of today. He was showing as #31 up until today.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:06 am
I didn't post prior in this thread, but I saw very little whining about FanFest...mostly the lack of communication on the specifics prior to FanFest. People off the mountain need to know in order to schedule the trip. T-dog summed it up pretty well about the FanFest itself. I don't call that whining. Perhaps if you had been there you might have agreed with the majority of the thread. Pretty accurate comments if you ask me. Chill.
Last edited by NewApp on Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am

Appster99 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:06 pm
From my perspective, first team O and first team D both had good and bad moments. Zac threw a pick six on a ball that should have been heaved out of bounds. The receiver never had a chance. He was well covered. I saw 2 missed assignments that resulted in TDs. Of course it was not full contact so take it for what its worth. Since there was no live hitting I dont think it is possible to make any judgement on the running game.

Before we were let in I could see action from the gate. Saw a skirmish between what looked like a D lineman and a TE. They were locked up and kept going after the whistle had blown. Ended up on the ground with players pulling them apart. They kept jawing for another minute or two. This is a spirited family!

DGB had one tremendous throw with a defender in his face. It was a laser that resulted in a TD. Side note, he appeared to favor his right knee on a few occasions and was wearing a brace.

Coach Roof was "teaching with enthusiasm" when assignments were missed. He looked very passionate. Drink doesn't look 25 anymore with the light beard coming in. I still love his demeanor.
LOL. Spirited indeed. Just so: 1).... they aren't developing hard feelings which interfere with healthy competition for positions and PT 2)...they are saving most of their spirit, hostility, and energy for our full slate of opponents.
Google SUX

appfan725

Unread post by appfan725 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:18 pm

I havent seen this posted yet unless I missed it I apologize but was their a reason “PASSION” was spelled “PASSSION” on the posters or just a bad proofreading error before publishing
Image Go App!!...Fight App!!...Win App!!

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am
Appster99 wrote:
From my perspective, first team O and first team D both had good and bad moments. Zac threw a pick six on a ball that should have been heaved out of bounds. The receiver never had a chance. He was well covered. I saw 2 missed assignments that resulted in TDs. Of course it was not full contact so take it for what its worth. Since there was no live hitting I dont think it is possible to make any judgement on the running game.

Before we were let in I could see action from the gate. Saw a skirmish between what looked like a D lineman and a TE. They were locked up and kept going after the whistle had blown. Ended up on the ground with players pulling them apart. They kept jawing for another minute or two. This is a spirited family!

DGB had one tremendous throw with a defender in his face. It was a laser that resulted in a TD. Side note, he appeared to favor his right knee on a few occasions and was wearing a brace.

Coach Roof was "teaching with enthusiasm" when assignments were missed. He looked very passionate. Drink doesn't look 25 anymore with the light beard coming in. I still love his demeanor.
LOL. Spirited indeed. Just so: 1).... they aren't developing hard feelings which interfere with healthy competition for positions and PT 2)...they are saving most of their spirit, hostility, and energy for our full slate of opponents.
I filmed for the team during practices when I was a student in 2017 and fights happened every other practice or so. Seems like it just happens when it comes to intense competition like that
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:41 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 am
Seattleapp wrote:
I didn't post prior in this thread, but I saw very little whining about FanFest...mostly the lack of communication on the specifics prior to FanFest. People off the mountain need to know in order to schedule the trip. T-dog summed it up pretty well about the FanFest itself. I don't call that whining. Perhaps if you had been there you might have agreed with the majority of the thread. Pretty accurate comments if you ask me. Chill.
Hahah. Ok man. Yeah I’m really unhinged with my post. The complaining about fanfest was a break from the usual complaining about drink not giving the message board more updates or how ugly the new field house will look or maybe that we still have a track or that Sean Connery says welcome to the rock on the jumbo tron. How cool would it be if we actually just talked about position battles and who will have a good year etc? You’re right though. I’m way out of bounds

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Didn't say you were way out of bounds, but the thread was far from whining. The posters had legitimate points..lack of communication and non-existant PR by the department as well as some good informative comments about the play on the field.. OTH, it was a good break from the topics you mentioned.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm

beav910 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:28 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:39 am
Appster99 wrote:

I filmed for the team during practices when I was a student in 2017 and fights happened every other practice or so. Seems like it just happens when it comes to intense competition like that
True. I coached for over a decade and we had scuffles but the team mates never had to unpile them and no further jawing was allowed unless they wanted to do 20 or 30 minutes of Bull Dog Reminders after practice.
Glad there is intense competition though.
Google SUX

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Saw a lot of with my dad's teams back in the day. Guys are working hard, really getting at it and tired of taking it to each other. Hungry for the other team, and not afraid to put it all on the line during camp. A solid sign.
Twitter: @wxcrum

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm

WXAPP wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:04 pm
Saw a lot of with my dad's teams back in the day. Guys are working hard, really getting at it and tired of taking it to each other. Hungry for the other team, and not afraid to put it all on the line during camp. A solid sign.
Yep, but they should have been sat out until they quit running their mouths at each other. One or two plays would have done it.
Google SUX

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:10 pm
WXAPP wrote:
Yep, but they should have been sat out until they quit running their mouths at each other. One or two plays would have done it.
The guy on D was pulled after that play. I assume the other one was as well but I didn't have the view to see it. I didnt comment that they were allowed to stay on the field so that was an incorrect assumption on your part. Im sure it was business as usual after a few minutes of cool down time. My saying "minute or two" was a figure of speech. If we are splitting hairs and being literal it was more like 45 seconds as the D guy I could see was being dragged to the sideline by another player.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Doubtful... Kids today just can't whine like we could back in the day...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 am

Appster99 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm
NewApp wrote:
WXAPP wrote:
The guy on D was pulled after that play. I assume the other one was as well but I didn't have the view to see it. I didnt comment that they were allowed to stay on the field so that was an incorrect assumption on your part. Im sure it was business as usual after a few minutes of cool down time. My saying "minute or two" was a figure of speech. If we are splitting hairs and being literal it was more like 45 seconds as the D guy I could see was being dragged to the sideline by another player.
Glad to hear that and thanks for the clarification. Had they continued business as usual, it could lead to more of the same later in the season; even during games.
Not splitting hairs, BTW. I think WV thought the same thing.
Google SUX

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:31 am
Seattleapp wrote:
It’s pretty rare that Cline and I agree on much of anything, but I’ll echo his statement here-I haven’t seen much in the way of whining in this thread. Some folks pointing out adults acting like greedy kids, yes, but very little whining. Mostly constructive criticism if you ask me.
Give 'em hell!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:01 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 am
Appster99 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm
NewApp wrote:
WXAPP wrote:
Glad to hear that and thanks for the clarification. Had they continued business as usual, it could lead to more of the same later in the season; even during games.
Not splitting hairs, BTW. I think WV thought the same thing.
The English language has been butchered to the point it is a wonder we can understand each other as well as we do. Had I said "moments" instead of "minutes" it would have been interpreted differently - and likely correctly. People in forums tend to take everything so literally and really like to call people out for what are clearly typos in many cases. That's why I don't comment more than I do. But in this case I was at Fanfest and figured folks might enjoy the feedback. I wish more people could have been there first hand to see for themselves what a great job this staff is doing with these young men.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”