Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Baker Mayfield of the SunBelt

GregPercussion
School: Appalachian State

Re: Baker Mayfield of the SunBelt

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Well anyway... I think Zac is great. Little bit of an attitude on the field, but you need a little something nowadays. But he's no Baker Mayfield with his playing; but there's still time for him to change my mind.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:27 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:26 pm
Well anyway... I think Zac is great. Little bit of an attitude on the field, but you need a little something nowadays. But he's no Baker Mayfield with his playing; but there's still time for him to change my mind.
Attitude? He aint got no stinkin attitude.

Seriously, i dont know what you are referring to. He seemed like a player who knows his abilities. And to quote Dizzy Dean It aint braggin if you done it.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:43 am
The Rock wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:16 pm
The Rock wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/25-mos ... ssion=true

While I think ZT is a much more humble and likeable person, it’s a good mention and says he has draftable arm talent.
What about Mayfield isn't likeable? Dude went from Walk-on to Heisman Trophy winner and first overall pick. He then proceeds to break Payton Manning's rookie record for touchdown passes.
He’s cocky, arrogant, walked the side lines grabbing his crotch, tried to run from the cops while drunk, stared down a former coach during a game...
But he backs all of it up. I would dislike him if his confidence was unfounded but that's his edge. He's 6 feet tall, a walk-on at two schools, Heisman trophy winner, and broke a NFL record his rookie season. If I'm a Browns fan, grab your crotch, butt, tongue, I don't care.

He's not Johnny Manziel. He's now Jameis Winston. He puts in the work so he can do those things (other than drunkenly run from police) and back it up.

Not a huge fan of arrogance, founded or not. But his appears more about little man syndrome in a big man's sport than pure arrogance.
So In your world the ends justify the means. There’s really nothing this guy can do that will dissuade you from what everyone else knows to be the truth about him. Mayfield is a fine player but he’s a punk. If you are that fan who chooses to ignore that that’s one thing but please stop minimizing or acting like he’s just a plucky misunderstood kid. It’s insults the actual good guys who permeate the sport

appfan22

Unread post by appfan22 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:38 am

Like it or not - the ends do justify the means. This isn’t a popularity contest. Brady and Belichick have skirted the integrity line numerous times, but in reality they will both go down as legends.

That is but one of the countless other examples of guys who are abrasive in their respective sport, but they win championships. That’s what this game is all about. Who cares about people’s hurt feelings?

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:02 pm
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 am
appchicago wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:33 am
I have broken many laws. You have too.
If I'd been arrested for every law I broke while a college student, I'd be serving a life sentence.
Dayum, did you kill someone?
:lol: Not for the extent of the crimes, but for the number of them, all minor. :lol:
"sentences to run consecutively"
You can't be arrested for run on sentences. And if it bothers you, just think of it as poetry.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am

Some of you guys are rumbling about Baker Mayfield

I'm glad the article didn't say ZT was the Colin Kaepernick of the Sun Belt.
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 am
BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:02 pm
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:42 am

If I'd been arrested for every law I broke while a college student, I'd be serving a life sentence.
Dayum, did you kill someone?
:lol: Not for the extent of the crimes, but for the number of them, all minor. :lol:
"sentences to run consecutively"
You can't be arrested for run on sentences. And if it bothers you, just think of it as poetry.
YET! LOL

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:43 am
The Rock wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:54 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:16 pm
The Rock wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/25-mos ... ssion=true

While I think ZT is a much more humble and likeable person, it’s a good mention and says he has draftable arm talent.
What about Mayfield isn't likeable? Dude went from Walk-on to Heisman Trophy winner and first overall pick. He then proceeds to break Payton Manning's rookie record for touchdown passes.
He’s cocky, arrogant, walked the side lines grabbing his crotch, tried to run from the cops while drunk, stared down a former coach during a game...
But he backs all of it up. I would dislike him if his confidence was unfounded but that's his edge. He's 6 feet tall, a walk-on at two schools, Heisman trophy winner, and broke a NFL record his rookie season. If I'm a Browns fan, grab your crotch, butt, tongue, I don't care.

He's not Johnny Manziel. He's now Jameis Winston. He puts in the work so he can do those things (other than drunkenly run from police) and back it up.

Not a huge fan of arrogance, founded or not. But his appears more about little man syndrome in a big man's sport than pure arrogance.
So In your world the ends justify the means. There’s really nothing this guy can do that will dissuade you from what everyone else knows to be the truth about him. Mayfield is a fine player but he’s a punk. If you are that fan who chooses to ignore that that’s one thing but please stop minimizing or acting like he’s just a plucky misunderstood kid. It’s insults the actual good guys who permeate the sport
By all accounts Baker Mayfield is a good guy. He is already considered a veteran in the locker room and is able to keep diva's OBJ and Landry under wraps.

I don't ignore what Baker Mayfield has done but to act like it's that big of a deal is a joke. He hasn't beaten a woman, been caught with drugs, driven drunk, sold drugs, or any of that.

He grabbed his crotch and stared down a coach. He also tried to drunkenly run from a cop. Maybe a bar fight? Big deal. Dude can play football and has been a spark plug for igniting the Browns culture change. That doesn't happen if you aren't respected around the people who see you the most. I'll take the 53 players on the Browns roster and the fans who have interacted with him's word over what you supposition from 3rd and 4th hand accounts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”