Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App State rookies on NFL depth charts

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:14 am

Clifton Duck
https://www.chicagobears.com/team/depth-chart

He is listed 4th string so it clearly looks like he won't make the team. I wish him well but figured something like this would happen.

Stout
https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart

Listed 3rd string so he is on the bubble. Needs a strong preseason to have a shot at 53 and my guess is he ends up on the PS, at best. However, he is probably a guy who is among the first to get called back when a DT injury happens.

Moore is on reserve list so not listed on depth chart.

Austin Exford
https://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart

He is 3rd string so like Stout probably on fringe and needs a huge preseason.

Tae Hayes
https://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart

Not listed on depth chart.

Other than Jalin Moore I'm not sure any of our rookies will make a roster but certainly wish them all good luck.

Where Duck stands should be a message to all our juniors this year not to go pro early unless our coaching staff talks to them and tells them to go. Seeing a junior 4th string in an uphill battle just to even get preseason playing time before the 4th quarter is sad to see.

ericsaid

Re: App State rookies on NFL depth charts

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:13 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:14 am
Clifton Duck

He is listed 4th string so it clearly looks like he won't make the team. I wish him well but figured something like this would happen.

Stout

Listed 3rd string so he is on the bubble. Needs a strong preseason to have a shot at 53 and my guess is he ends up on the PS, at best. However, he is probably a guy who is among the first to get called back when a DT injury happens.

Austin Exford

Tae Hayes

Other than Jalin Moore I'm not sure any of our rookies will make a roster but certainly wish them all good luck.

Where Duck stands should be a message to all our juniors this year not to go pro early unless our coaching staff talks to them and tells them to go. Seeing a junior 4th string in an uphill battle just to even get preseason playing time before the 4th quarter is sad to see.
Clifton Duck will most likely be on the Practice Squad due purely to the depth of the Bears secondary. By all accounts, he is making plays each and every practice. If he plays in the Preseason Games like he has in practice, he may find his way onto the 2-Deep and active on Game Days.

Based on the reports, Duck is in a better position to make the Bears roster than any of the others you mentioned. The only cautionary tale from Duck should be you may go undrafted and lose money. I still expect him to be on a team based on instincts alone.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

I think Jalen Moore's situation played a role in Duck's decision.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:12 am

Also, he wasn't going to gain anything by waiting another year, except another year of age and another year without income.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:50 am

We are all guessing, we've not walked one step in his shoes. That said, being stingy and we'd most all agree that we'd sure liked to have seen him play his senior season.
BLACK SATURDAY

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:32 am

Parker Collins listed as 3rd string on Panthers depth chart at Center.

ViewCrew87

Unread post by ViewCrew87 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Jets and Bears both play tonight.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm

JGthatsme86 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:32 am
If he makes this team it would be awesome. I had a conversation with one of his high school coaches last year. Based on the conversation Parker must be a real character. He always played well against our P5 opponents.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm
JGthatsme86 wrote:
If he makes this team it would be awesome. I had a conversation with one of his high school coaches last year. Based on the conversation Parker must be a real character. He always played well against our P5 opponents.
I loved watching Parker play but he would sometimes get a little too charged up and would lose discipline and draw an untimely penalty.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Rick83 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:30 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 pm
JGthatsme86 wrote:
I loved watching Parker play but he would sometimes get a little too charged up and would lose discipline and draw an untimely penalty.
His high school coach said that was part of his Game. Said Parker would call him on Friday nights before games and tell him to make sure and watch because he was going to get some s#&t started. Every team needs a nasty offensive lineman.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Taye Hayes with INT tonight!

Jags vs Ravens
KICK ASS!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:51 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:13 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:14 am
Clifton Duck

Stout

Austin Exford

Tae Hayes

Clifton Duck will most likely be on the Practice Squad due purely to the depth of the Bears secondary. By all accounts, he is making plays each and every practice. If he plays in the Preseason Games like he has in practice, he may find his way onto the 2-Deep and active on Game Days.

Based on the reports, Duck is in a better position to make the Bears roster than any of the others you mentioned. The only cautionary tale from Duck should be you may go undrafted and lose money. I still expect him to be on a team based on instincts alone.
We know Fuller, Skrine, Amukamara, and Toliver are going to make it based on the depth chart. Shelley was a draft pick who can fly so I would imagine he makes the final spot on the 53 or is on PS. If they keep 5 on the 53 then Duck has a shot. If they just keep 4, then I would say he is odd man out. I still think they keep 7th round pick Denmark over Duck. His testing and size blow away Duck. As a NFL coach I would rather have those measurables on special teams and scout team.

I looked up Denmark and he was a former WR who did not start to get serious NFL looks until senior year. He is 6'3, 220 and runs a 4.4 while Duck is 5'9, 180 and ran a 4.6.
I hope he makes it but I'll be as optimistic as you if he moves up the depth chart for game 2. I don't think he makes it but I hope I'm wrong.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am
Yet somehow you never see posters on here tsk-tsking that Moore's situation "should be a message" to any potentially draftable underclassmen that they should strike while the iron is hot.

Obviously I hope Duck makes a roster for his own sake, but I'd also enjoy it to see if anyone like the OP will come back and issue a mea culpa.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Yet somehow you never see posters on here tsk-tsking that Moore's situation "should be a message" to any potentially draftable underclassmen that they should strike while the iron is hot.

Obviously I hope Duck makes a roster for his own sake, but I'd also enjoy it to see if anyone like the OP will come back and issue a mea culpa.
What was Moore's decision? He was a Senior. He is basically being paid to rehab with the Jets this year as well. The status they have him under is proof positive he would've been drafted if not for the injury.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:35 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:31 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

What was Moore's decision? He was a Senior. He is basically being paid to rehab with the Jets this year as well. The status they have him under is proof positive he would've been drafted if not for the injury.
Situation being that Moore was projected as a draft pick and was hurt his senior season. Duck may have seen that anything can happen on any play and that now (then) was the best time for him to make a jump at the league.
Give 'em hell!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:35 pm
ericsaid wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Situation being that Moore was projected as a draft pick and was hurt his senior season. Duck may have seen that anything can happen on any play and that now (then) was the best time for him to make a jump at the league.
Could've been. How far away was Duck from graduating? It's not like he left as a Redshirt Sophomore. He left after his Junior year and with the amount of time on campus he may only have one Semester of classes left to take.

The Bears have great depth at the position but Amukamara and Skrine are both getting to there. If Duck proves his worth, practice squad as a developmental project for the nickel is likely in his future. It's also going to be needed if the Arizona Air Raid is successful because that will flow through the league like wildfire.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:06 pm

ericsaid wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Meaning that Moore could’ve left after his junior year.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 am

Sutton could have gone pro this past off season. That was his third year in college. I expect him to go pro if he has another season like 2018.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am

Clifton did the right thing for him and He will make practice squad at a minimum.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Tae Hayes with some great coverage on a 6'4" WR just now. A little trickery and double move by the Iggles, but Tae read it and had the interception, but dropped it. Now there's Tae with the tackle. Go get 'em Tae!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”