Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Eric Church

appyirish

Eric Church

Unread post by appyirish » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 am

In a few weeks Eric Church will need to decide if he is Black & Gold or Wine & Cheese!

We know Luke Combs bleeds Black & Gold!

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

Re: Eric Church

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 am

Obviously, that decision has already been made.

NDavidsonApp

Unread post by NDavidsonApp » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 am

appfanjj wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 am
Obviously, that decision has already been made.
Carolina has announced that his song "Carolina" will be played between the third and fourth quarter of their home games. They have also indicated that he will be at Kenan for Saturday's game against Miami.

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:10 am

Big time disappointment. I’ve always been excited to tell people that he’s an App state alumni. Guess I’ll be biting my tongue moving forward...
Clark for Prez 2024 💪🏼

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am

If we win the UNC game I hope he doesn’t suddenly become the biggest App State fan of all time. If he does, we should all rip him to shreds on Twitter etc. and then completely disown him. If...he is even worth the time and effort.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 am

Done with Eric Church.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:22 am

appfanjj wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am
If we win the UNC game I hope he doesn’t suddenly become the biggest App State fan of all time. If he does, we should all rip him to shreds on Twitter etc. and then completely disown him. If...he is even worth the time and effort.
My opinion, he's not worth the time and effort. Appalachian State should embrace those who embrace it.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:37 am

I know I'm going to be attacked for this but I'm not sure attacking Eric Church is going to get us anything. I'd rather show him how great our fan base is and show him what's he's missing out on.

I'd rather have someone like him on a casual basis than not at all. What would we gain by driving him away completely? On the positive side, we could gain something if he stays connected to App...obviously we can try beating him up until he loves us but that usually isn't highly effective.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:56 am

asu7 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 am
Done with Eric Church.
Been done with Church. Combs is the man and should be propped up by our fan base and Church should be an afterthought.
The Appalachian State

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:58 am

tnave94

Unread post by tnave94 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 am

This guy still gives to our university in a pretty big way. We need all the funding we can get. So keep your petty takes to yourselves.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 am

I tweeted him. It was nice.....I thinks it serves no purpose for us to be vindictive. How ever good it may feel it is petty and does not befit AppNation. If he wants to be a fan of both that's fine with me. Dont like it but he's not the only one that has dual allegiances....

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 am

My point is, he doesn’t prop us up, so we should not prop him up. So many of us want to keep him relevant, but he is not. I appreciate his contributions to the school, and I’ll still claim him as an alumni, but when it comes to football, he is dead to me. He is like that cousin we do not get along with because they are too different, we still got love because they are family, but we do not really need to claim them unless asked.
The Appalachian State

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:09 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 am
I tweeted him. It was nice.....I thinks it serves no purpose for us to be vindictive. How ever good it may feel it is petty and does not befit AppNation. If he wants to be a fan of both that's fine with me. Dont like it but he's not the only one that has dual allegiances....
I don't think we need to shun him or curse him on social media but we certainly don't have to show him any interest either. It's not crime to show greater allegiance to another school than your alma mater but one certainly isn't obligated to support him in doing so. Frankly, I don't lose any sleep over who he chooses to support or identify with.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 am

Combs is definitely the man! We need him at The Rock one day! Still waiting for that OutKast performance.

MountaineerChemist10

Unread post by MountaineerChemist10 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am

Combs is SO much better than Church at just about everything. Even his (future) wife is hotter than Church's!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:25 pm

For what it's worth, Eric Church does support App.

His song "Carolina" definitely speaks of mountain life. If Chapel Hill wants to blast out a song about our neck of the woods, blast on.

Like it or not, it's not Boone that folks think of when they hear the word "Carolina". Our own band uses "Nothing Could be Finer [than to be in Carolina]" in its opening show. There are current App videos with "Carolina in My Mind" (James Taylor's song written when he was homesick for the Chapel Hill - Carrboro area in which he had grown up). "Carolina in My Mind" has been the unofficial theme song of UNC-CH for decades. I don't hear folks complaining that we're using some of the sames songs they use in Chapel Hill.

Y'all do and say what you want. I'm still going to sing along with Eric Church songs and spend my hard earned dollars on his music and appreciate the support he does give to App.

See you at The Rock!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:50 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:25 pm

His song "Carolina" definitely speaks of mountain life. If Chapel Hill wants to blast out a song about our neck of the woods, blast on.

Like it or not, it's not Boone that folks think of when they hear the word "Carolina". Our own band uses "Nothing Could be Finer [than to be in Carolina]" in its opening show. There are current App videos with "Carolina in My Mind" (James Taylor's song written when he was homesick for the Chapel Hill - Carrboro area in which he had grown up). "Carolina in My Mind" has been the unofficial theme song of UNC-CH for decades. I don't hear folks complaining that we're using some of the sames songs they use in Chapel Hill.

Y'all do and say what you want. I'm still going to sing along with Eric Church songs and spend my hard earned dollars on his music and appreciate the support he does give to App.

See you at The Rock!
Yeah, and for some reason we seem to like a song by a band called Alabama that talks about floating down a river to a Cajun hideway. Mountain music? I don't think so. It made me cringe when it was played during the UL game last season. Now if it talked about sending THEM back to their Cajun hideaway that would have been a different story.
WE ARE YOSEF!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:50 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:

See you at The Rock!
Oh Daphne, save your reasonable takes for another topic. We want hot takes only!

J/K ;)
The Appalachian State

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:52 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:

See you at The Rock!
Funny enough, I have a few Elon friends who insist that "Carolina in My Mind" was about a dorm at Elon named Carolina, where an early girlfriend of James Taylor lived for a year.

Has nothing to do with Eric Church at all, just thought I'd share.

As to Eric Church, I'm not a big fan of his music, nor am I a big fan of him prancing around in all baby blue and attending recruiting events for the Heels. However, he's free to do as he wishes.
Give 'em hell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”