Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ted Roof Comments

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ted Roof Comments

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 am

To try to install a defensive package a couple days before a game...........I get a trick play on offense but Defense????

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:35 am

[/quote]
And we're at a place now where I'm not sure anyone knows for sure what the defense will look like against Chapel Hill...including their coaches.
I'm not saying that's what's going on, but man if it is, it's freakin' genius, gutsy as well.
[/quote]

If this is the case and we show a whole new defense at UNC... I will be thrilled. And only partially surprised

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:59 am

Sorry guys I simply can’t even entertain the thought that we put up a fake defense to set up UNC.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:59 am
Sorry guys I simply can’t even entertain the thought that we put up a fake defense to set up UNC.
It would be, and I am being completely serious when I say this, probably the greatest ruse in modern college football history. It would also quite possibly the most ballsy gamble ever made.

I seriously can't think of anything that would be on par (not talking Wakeyleaks or cheating like that, but real subterfuge). Of course, we're likely to never know if it is the actual case or not.
Give 'em hell!

MtnMan09

Unread post by MtnMan09 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
This theory is like when people claim Trump is playing 4D chess no matter what he does. There is zero evidence that attempting to play a fake defense for two games to keep our "real defense" under wraps is what has happened here. Thats almost malpractice especially if we had lost that UNCc game.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
mike87 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 am
Are we really hearing about disdain from the players or are we hearing about it from faceless posters on an open message board? Surely nobody really believes what you read on the internet.
There's definitely disdain from the players. You can hear it from Davis-Gaither in his post game interview. He specifically said they are trying to learn new plays. That's because the plays were introduced the day before.
So, the defensive players hold Coach Roof in contempt?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
That's as irrational as thinking that Roof should be fired after two games as DC.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:16 am
This coaching staff was handed the keys to our Ferrari. After driving it twice, they brought it back with a huge scratch on the fender, and the fan base went psycho! Lol!

That’s all the fans can do is bitch on message boards when things go bad. Firing Roof is ridiculous and only said out of frustration.

These coaches aren’t stupid. They’ll fix it.
True, they were handed the keys to our Ferrari but it's a Ferrari that had to have some key parts, especially on defense, replaced. In a fine machine such as that sometimes re-calibration is required before the machine runs smoothly.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:51 pm

I don't think there is some major "ruse" taking place...nor do I think Saturday's D was a "fake" created simply to throw off UNC. I do think it is possible that the game was used as an opportunity to vet a new concept (try something different) to determine if it accomplished what we needed in terms of getting pressure on the QB. Given the outcome, I think it is safe to assume that significant adjustments will be made before the UNC game....at least I hope so.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:58 pm

asucrutch23 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 am
AppStateNews wrote:
mike87 wrote:
Are we really hearing about disdain from the players or are we hearing about it from faceless posters on an open message board? Surely nobody really believes what you read on the internet.
There's definitely disdain from the players. You can hear it from Davis-Gaither in his post game interview. He specifically said they are trying to learn new plays. That's because the plays were introduced the day before.
Missed this interview. Can it be found online anywhere?
https://appstatesports.com/news/2019/9/ ... lotte.aspx

appstatealum

Re: Fire Ted Roof

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 am
appstatealum wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm
Omg dude. Go to the store, pick up some AMB Yosef and chug it. You need to relax. I was commenting on how people were concerned about players/parents reading a message board. I just picture Sean Paytons face now everytime I see you comment. We are all being civil on here and you are being contradictory and confrontational. Specifically targeting me, which is fine. I guess I hit a nerve with you?
If you wanna call me contradictory because I’m not lighting this season or staff on fire after a win then yeah feel free. If you wanna call me confrontational cause i just don’t take what you say as gospel and offering my opinions, then yeah feel free. You’ll probably respond that you’re just telling us info from inside the program but you really haven’t offered up anything more than generalities. My goal here isn’t to be confrontational but i just don’t agree with narrative you’ve been trying to set here.
OK. I apologize for escalating it further. I know we all want the same thing, the success of our program.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
mike87 wrote:
No. But there was definitely some frustration over the last minute changes the last two weeks. But after yesterday, it seems like that side of the locker room has steadied the waters and there is more player-coach collaboration occurring this week compared to the week's prior. We all just need to wait and see if Roof's years of experience will shine after getting a better grip on what his personnel are capable or not capable of doing.

The Roof was leaking, but it hasnt caved in. I'm going to trust the positivity coming from my "resources" (whether you believe I have them or not) and be optimistic of what product we will see in Chapel Hill.

Cheers everyone.
The Appalachian State

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:00 am
Unless you have had personal conversations, I don't think you can conclude that "there's definitely disdain from the players." After that game, I have no doubt that the defensive players were frustrated, angry, etc. How can you distinguish those emotions from "disdain" towards the coach? Personally, I would have been shocked if any interview with a defensive player after that game didn't have a somewhat negative tone, but I don't think you can draw conclusions based on that.
You're right. Disdain is a harsh word in this case. But definitely frustration from the players.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:25 pm
hapapp wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:36 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
mike87 wrote:
No. But there was definitely some frustration over the last minute changes the last two weeks. But after yesterday, it seems like that side of the locker room has steadied the waters and there is more player-coach collaboration occurring this week compared to the week's prior. We all just need to wait and see if Roof's years of experience will shine after getting a better grip on what his personnel are capable or not capable of doing.

The Roof was leaking, but it hasnt caved in. I'm going to trust the positivity coming from my "resources" (whether you believe I have them or not) and be optimistic of what product we will see in Chapel Hill.

Cheers everyone.
I appreciated any tidbits of insider info I can get good or bad. I appreciate moose and you for sharing what you know without stepping over the lines. Without it i wouldn’t know anything.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:55 pm

I apologize if this has been posted before I just saw it. Good perspective from player view.
https://www.journalnow.com/sports/colle ... 1.amp.html

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:20 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
It would be, and I am being completely serious when I say this, probably the greatest ruse in modern college football history. It would also quite possibly the most ballsy gamble ever made.

I seriously can't think of anything that would be on par (not talking Wakeyleaks or cheating like that, but real subterfuge). Of course, we're likely to never know if it is the actual case or not.
And all this time, we've been going through so much pain...and anguish...for nothing!!!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:20 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:55 pm
I apologize if this has been posted before I just saw it. Good perspective from player view.
This young man, Diarrassouba, is a leader. After reading what he said after Saturday, I feel much better about our situation. Had he responded like many on the mmb, it might have legitimized the collective panic going on. He blamed no one else. And, his admitted embarrassment tells me they will get this fixed. Unc is in for a dogfight. Go Apps.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:34 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:20 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:55 pm
This young man, Diarrassouba, is a leader. After reading what he said after Saturday, I feel much better about our situation. Had he responded like many on the mmb, it might have legitimized the collective panic going on. He blamed no one else. And, his admitted embarrassment tells me they will get this fixed. Unc is in for a dogfight. Go Apps.
I agree, and I don't recall seeing much in the way of interviews or such with Diarrassouba, but you're right, he sounds like a leader. He definitely was not trying to shift blame to anyone else and I really appreciated his homage to the offense. There have been many games in the recent past where the defense has kept the game in check until the offense finally woke up and got into a groove. I hope we hear more from him in the coming months...

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Anyone hear the App fan call in to Mark Packer show at 6pm?
BLACK SATURDAY

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:07 pm
Anyone hear the App fan call in to Mark Packer show at 6pm?
Do we want to know what he said?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”