Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Mack Brown Presser

ASU85Grad

Re: Mack Brown Presser

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 pm

414BlowingRockRoad wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:19 pm
Bought a truck there several years ago. I asked and was told it was owned by a different Mack Brown, not the football coach.

Appster99
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm

The real question is can Coach Brown coach the arrogance out of his players? He may be the only one taking us seriously. I hope Clemson drops them below .500 at 2-3 with a 3 game skid.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 pm
Bought a truck there several years ago. I asked and was told it was owned by a different Mack Brown, not the football coach.
That is accurate. Started to post that but wasn't sure if people were kidding. Not sure if the car dealer Mack Brown (or his dealership) is still alive. I was at App when Mack left UNC the first time, and I remember a guy in one of my classes mentioning the dealership and being schooled by other students on the subject. First I'd heard of it.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:08 pm
ASU85Grad wrote:
That is accurate. Started to post that but wasn't sure if people were kidding. Not sure if the car dealer Mack Brown (or his dealership) is still alive. I was at App when Mack left UNC the first time, and I remember a guy in one of my classes mentioning the dealership and being schooled by other students on the subject. First I'd heard of it.
Definitely not the same Mack Brown. Met them both, two way different guys. Doubt the Boone Mack is still alive, he was in his late fifties or early sixties in the late 70's Boone Mack was about 6'5" lanky and wore a cowboy hat all the time. Coach Mack was a lot quieter.
Mack Brown took over a disaster (sound familiar?) from he who shall not be named and turned our ship around. Good kids with a lot of heart and never quit under the previous administration started to flourish under Mack. At the end of the season, they had a Mack Brown day in Boone. The day after that, he left town for Oklahoma. Kind of left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. He did leave us Sparky Woods so the bad taste went away pretty quickly. Mack has always spoken kindly of his time here and this place and has come back a few times to visit.
Wish him and the other APP folks well at UNCCheat except when they play us.
After all "Who needs a Hill, we have the mountains" Mr. Black Saturday may remember that one.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 pm

Apptiger wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Definitely not the same Mack Brown. Met them both, two way different guys. Doubt the Boone Mack is still alive, he was in his late fifties or early sixties in the late 70's Boone Mack was about 6'5" lanky and wore a cowboy hat all the time. Coach Mack was a lot quieter.
Mack Brown took over a disaster (sound familiar?) from he who shall not be named and turned our ship around. Good kids with a lot of heart and never quit under the previous administration started to flourish under Mack. At the end of the season, they had a Mack Brown day in Boone. The day after that, he left town for Oklahoma. Kind of left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. He did leave us Sparky Woods so the bad taste went away pretty quickly. Mack has always spoken kindly of his time here and this place and has come back a few times to visit.
After all "Who needs a Hill, we have the mountains" Mr. Black Saturday may remember that one.
Mack passed away in May 2012. The dealership continued for several years under the management of Mack's son Kent. It was sold and is now Discovery Chevy, at the same location east of Boone.

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:37 pm

firemoose wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 pm
Apptiger wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:55 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Mack passed away in May 2012. The dealership continued for several years under the management of Mack's son Kent. It was sold and is now Discovery Chevy, at the same location east of Boone.
He lived a pretty full life. Did me solid when I was in school up there. Worked on my car and sent the bill to dad. Gave me a discount too. My dad was in the business too, he stepped up and took care of my issues and I never saw a bill.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:11 am

GreatAppSt wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:25 pm
If UNC wins I hope their sales tank for a month.

Good one. :) Especially since the business and Coach Brown are unrelated. :D BTW, Olds and Pontiac were great cars.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 am

Appster99 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm
The real question is can Coach Brown coach the arrogance out of his players? He may be the only one taking us seriously. I hope Clemson drops them below .500 at 2-3 with a 3 game skid.
Let's hope not.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:44 am

NewApp wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:13 am
Appster99 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm
Let's hope not.
Well, I'd say Clemson beating UNC is about as close to a "given" as you're going to get in football predictions, so the only way this doesn't happen is if we lose Saturday...SO....I certainly hope it does happen! :D

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 am

High respect for Coach Brown. Great praises to App State and Boone.
I get the sense he knows what this game means, but maybe not his players.

Hope we come in and run the table.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am

I believe Mack coached the team my sophomore year. I seem to remember us having a lot of injuries and the record wasn't great, maybe 6-5? I do remember everyone going crazy though feeling a sense of resurgence and even then there was talk of expanding the stadium. Then he left. Sparky did give us some good years.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am

firemoose wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 pm
I must have passed that dealership 50 times since the name changed and I never bothered to look at the sign. In my mind it was still Mack Brown.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”