Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Favorite App State Logos/Traditions?

homefield
School: Appalachian State

Favorite App State Logos/Traditions?

Unread post by homefield » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Hey guys! Just joined the community - I'm Connor and I help run Homefield. We make premium (read: extra comfortable) college apparel, and try to make unique/vintage designs for schools of all sizes. We know that no matter how much research we do, it'll never compare to the knowledge of die-hards, which is why we joined this community.

We have a few App State items on the site right now (https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collec ... hian-state), and we want to add even more. This is where you come in. No one loves App State more than you, and we want to learn from the experts.

Mainly: what are your favorite App logos/traditions? We only want to make apparel that serves the most passionate fans, and we take that input quite seriously.

Even if you don't have any favorite logos/traditions, if you ever are thinking about ordering some App stuff, let me know and I'll be sure to hook you up with a solid discount.

Thanks,
Connor

beav910

Re: Favorite App State Logos/Traditions?

Unread post by beav910 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Hey Connor, first off Homefield is awesome. I learned about you guys through the Shutdown Fullcast and dig the retro vibe you often go for with various schools. Just speaking for myself I have a few logos and traditions I'd like to talk about, but I'm sure I'm missing some as there are a lot. I'm a graphic designer myself and I've always wanted to do my own personal apparel but I've just graduated last year and I'm trying to get my feet wet in the industry first, so I'm envious of you guys and I'm not sure how licensing will work for a lot of this stuff.

One good resource for looking up old logos and traditions is checking out old yearbooks and archival photos on the App State library website, and I'm sure that applies to other schools as well.

1. TIGMA or Today I Give My All.
https://images.app.goo.gl/UJYhzszGHLv8y6TVA
All the players touch this sign on the way to the field and it travels with the team. There are a few logos for this floating around. It might be strictly for the team as the school doesn't sell this apparel to my knowledge.

2. The Old Mountain Jug
https://images.app.goo.gl/ZNm3gfbsWXQ1ptoq5
You might be already aware of this one because the App State shirt on Homefield looks like it takes some graphic queues from the rivalry trophy shared between App State and Western Carolina.

3. I've always like "Give Em' Hell Apps" and that phrase has been around for awhile I think.

4. Here is a random collection of logos or word marks I like.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gxaSfUCEh3UzKWvU8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Nv7bzgdKTCXuHjZ7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xCgVuM7MvEgiUTyC7
https://images.app.goo.gl/owpQRm6UUCymmmGo6 [this one is owned by mountaineer mania I do believe]

Thanks!
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

The design from our 1980s helmets is sorely neglected, and would make a great retro shirt design.
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/A ... 289223.jpg

The script in our "Block A" logo is rarely (if ever) used on its own. I think it would make a great shirt as well.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:27 pm

58ef11d6d534a0b4129aa1249c68feb2--painted-coolers-asu.jpg
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Will all of your stuff be licensed directly from the school?

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Thanks for seeking fan feedback, but 32.00 for a t-shirt is lol levels of absurd

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Connor your stuff is awesome! I've seen your on Instagram and wished that we could get App State stuff.

All the images that people have share are great! I fully promote them all.

$32 is not overpriced for a t-shirt so long as its premium material.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:07 pm

I am also a big fan of “TIGMA” and the script “Mountaineers.” If those were produced, you’d get some money out of me.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 pm

White Block A on black helmets. I'm big on brands....you wont see Notre Dame gold, Alabamas plain with numbers, Clemsons paw, UNCs argyle ect change up their helmets (1 game a year is fine of course). Same with Barcelonas Stripes, cowboys star and Yankees pin stripes. It's the only thing Georgia Southern does better than us...they push their brand.

Brand identity is sooooo important. That's how we are known. Wish so much we went back to that instead of going semi oregon. I have no idea what our normal uniforms are....neither does anyone in the country. Most fans wont recognize our brand without seeing our name on the screen.

Rant over.

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 pm

homefield wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Hey guys! Just joined the community - I'm Connor and I help run Homefield. We make premium (read: extra comfortable) college apparel, and try to make unique/vintage designs for schools of all sizes. We know that no matter how much research we do, it'll never compare to the knowledge of die-hards, which is why we joined this community.

We have a few App State items on the site right now (https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collec ... hian-state), and we want to add even more. This is where you come in. No one loves App State more than you, and we want to learn from the experts.

Mainly: what are your favorite App logos/traditions? We only want to make apparel that serves the most passionate fans, and we take that input quite seriously.

Even if you don't have any favorite logos/traditions, if you ever are thinking about ordering some App stuff, let me know and I'll be sure to hook you up with a solid discount.

Thanks,
Connor
The old Apps logo that's on sparky woods hat
Attachments
FB_IMG_1568691192345.jpg

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 am

AppSt12 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 pm
White Block A on black helmets. I'm big on brands....you wont see Notre Dame gold, Alabamas plain with numbers, Clemsons paw, UNCs argyle ect change up their helmets (1 game a year is fine of course). Same with Barcelonas Stripes, cowboys star and Yankees pin stripes. It's the only thing Georgia Southern does better than us...they push their brand.

Brand identity is sooooo important. That's how we are known. Wish so much we went back to that instead of going semi oregon. I have no idea what our normal uniforms are....neither does anyone in the country. Most fans wont recognize our brand without seeing our name on the screen.

Rant over.
All facts.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 pm
Connor your stuff is awesome! I've seen your on Instagram and wished that we could get App State stuff.

I'm with you...liking what I'm seeing so far from the Homefield collection. I HATE cheap t-shirts. No offense to some of the King Street shops but if a t-shirt is $10 or $15 then it's basically a one-and-done that ends up drying my car after a wash. A few of the King Street shops have stepped things up and at least tried to make a few better quality shirts in the last few years, but not much there beyond Comfort Colors. Heck, concert tees are often $50 or $60 now. I'd much rather pay $30 for a quality t-shirt...one that has great material, fit, durability, the print design is solid (and straight!), and is made in the U.S. rather than a crappy screen print where you hold up 5 of the same shirt and the design is located in different spots on all 5, has strange color bleed, and the shirt is either 3 inches too long or 3 inches too short. You pay for quality and I appreciate Homefield trying to close the gap a bit...because this is an area where we are really lacking product.

On a side note and because this is a little different market than Homefield - I did hear the other day from a "contact" in the offices of Vineyard Vines that they are close to beginning to produce App State merchandise. Not the farmed out Vineyard Vines stuff you saw in the bookstore a few years back, where the Block A was simply sewn onto Vineyard Vines items, but actual Vineyard Vines produced Appalachian items. That would be a huge step up, even if the brand has diluted themselves a bit in recent years. I'm not even sure you can find a VV App tie at this point...glad I picked up a few when I did, but hopefully they'll roll out new ones.

But back to Homefield and to Connor - keep up the good work, expand the catalog of Appalachian gear within reason, and hopefully you'll find a market here. I'm down to buy a few things for sure!

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 am

Kid's trucker ball cap with block A or Victory Yosef. My daughter lost hers and I haven't been able to find a replacement anywhere. Seems like there could be more kid apparel in general. Seems all the shops on King Street only carry adult App gear when we go in.

Also, an adult black athletic visor with a Victory Yosef would be cool, too.

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks for the love! Absolutely love the Fullcast and we're happy to be a sponsor.

We definitely read old yearbooks and archives like crazy - with 80 schools, sometimes it's tough to read them all, as I'm sure you can imagine.

TIGMA: This is phenomenal feedback, exactly what we look for in reaching out

Old Mountain Jug: Hit the nail on the head. Been an extremely popular shirt for even non-App State fans.

Give 'Em Hell Apps: Just like TIGMA, exactly the stuff we're looking for

All of the other logos you attached are so great. That one logo is owned by Mountaineer Mania, unfortunately. It's amazing nonetheless. We applied for a shirt with the "Flying Yosef" on it, and sadly it was denied.

THANK YOU, seriously, for this input. You can use the Fullcast code for certain if you ever look to purchase, but also feel free to PM me or email me at connor@homefieldapparel.com if you're ever looking for a discount!

Thanks,
Connor

beav910 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm
Hey Connor, first off Homefield is awesome. I learned about you guys through the Shutdown Fullcast and dig the retro vibe you often go for with various schools. Just speaking for myself I have a few logos and traditions I'd like to talk about, but I'm sure I'm missing some as there are a lot. I'm a graphic designer myself and I've always wanted to do my own personal apparel but I've just graduated last year and I'm trying to get my feet wet in the industry first, so I'm envious of you guys and I'm not sure how licensing will work for a lot of this stuff.

One good resource for looking up old logos and traditions is checking out old yearbooks and archival photos on the App State library website, and I'm sure that applies to other schools as well.

1. TIGMA or Today I Give My All.
https://images.app.goo.gl/UJYhzszGHLv8y6TVA
All the players touch this sign on the way to the field and it travels with the team. There are a few logos for this floating around. It might be strictly for the team as the school doesn't sell this apparel to my knowledge.

2. The Old Mountain Jug
https://images.app.goo.gl/ZNm3gfbsWXQ1ptoq5
You might be already aware of this one because the App State shirt on Homefield looks like it takes some graphic queues from the rivalry trophy shared between App State and Western Carolina.

3. I've always like "Give Em' Hell Apps" and that phrase has been around for awhile I think.

4. Here is a random collection of logos or word marks I like.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/gxaSfUCEh3UzKWvU8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Nv7bzgdKTCXuHjZ7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xCgVuM7MvEgiUTyC7
https://images.app.goo.gl/owpQRm6UUCymmmGo6 [this one is owned by mountaineer mania I do believe]

Thanks!

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks for the feedback! Man oh man do we want that helmet logo - sadly, the design was denied when we submitted it.

As for the script - that's a great idea. Just may have to make a shirt with that on it!
SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm
The design from our 1980s helmets is sorely neglected, and would make a great retro shirt design.
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/A ... 289223.jpg

The script in our "Block A" logo is rarely (if ever) used on its own. I think it would make a great shirt as well.

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 pm
Will all of your stuff be licensed directly from the school?
Yep! We always get licensed for every last design.

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:26 am

ASU2012 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 pm
Thanks for seeking fan feedback, but 32.00 for a t-shirt is lol levels of absurd
Appreciate the feedback! Everything is incredibly high quality and we refuse to outsource - thus, the more premium price.

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:27 am

Thank you! Appreciate the love. Certainly premium material - we won't rest until you're happy with your purchase :)
kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 pm

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 am

That is gorgeous, and has a great historic tie-in.
ImissKlondike wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 pm
homefield wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks,
Connor
The old Apps logo that's on sparky woods hat

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am

Working with a supplier right now to find quality kids tees. You're right - it's a big hole in the market.
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:55 am
Kid's trucker ball cap with block A or Victory Yosef. My daughter lost hers and I haven't been able to find a replacement anywhere. Seems like there could be more kid apparel in general. Seems all the shops on King Street only carry adult App gear when we go in.

Also, an adult black athletic visor with a Victory Yosef would be cool, too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”