Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Favorite App State Logos/Traditions?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Re: Favorite App State Logos/Traditions?

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am

homefield wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am
Thanks for the feedback! Man oh man do we want that helmet logo - sadly, the design was denied when we submitted it.

As for the script - that's a great idea. Just may have to make a shirt with that on it!
SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm
The design from our 1980s helmets is sorely neglected, and would make a great retro shirt design.
https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/A ... 289223.jpg

The script in our "Block A" logo is rarely (if ever) used on its own. I think it would make a great shirt as well.

The logo I posted earlier in this thread will likely be denied as well. I tried to create my own through Custom Ink and they called me saying the reached out to the school and said it couldn't be used.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 am

homefield wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:25 am
yosef69 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:29 pm
Will all of your stuff be licensed directly from the school?
Yep! We always get licensed for every last design.
Good! Glad App gets credit back for their own history.

Looking forward to some great designs. I think these guys have brought up some great ideas. Flying Yosef, sparky's Apps hat. Even the logo from the jug is "current' but would be cool to see a shirt have the Yosef jug itself on it. Even the Gortons fishermen logo...

Any history logo is great.
https://www.sportsflagsandpennants.com/ ... 696sma.jpg

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am

I love the Yosef T with Mountaineers below. Looks like the font from the Old Mountain Jug. Any chance in getting that in gray?

Get some more old school options, and you'll make a killing over here.

Thanks!

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am
The logo I posted earlier in this thread will likely be denied as well. I tried to create my own through Custom Ink and they called me saying they reached out to the school and said it couldn't be used.
Mountaineer Mania Yosef? The school shouldn't have a say should they? Mountaineer Mania should.... Either way, Homefield should reach out to MM to ask if they could use the logo.

Mania themselves have been doing basically nothing with it for years. Disappointing.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am

ImissKlondike wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:56 pm
homefield wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:48 pm
Hey guys! Just joined the community - I'm Connor and I help run Homefield. We make premium (read: extra comfortable) college apparel, and try to make unique/vintage designs for schools of all sizes. We know that no matter how much research we do, it'll never compare to the knowledge of die-hards, which is why we joined this community.

We have a few App State items on the site right now (https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collec ... hian-state), and we want to add even more. This is where you come in. No one loves App State more than you, and we want to learn from the experts.

Mainly: what are your favorite App logos/traditions? We only want to make apparel that serves the most passionate fans, and we take that input quite seriously.

Even if you don't have any favorite logos/traditions, if you ever are thinking about ordering some App stuff, let me know and I'll be sure to hook you up with a solid discount.

Thanks,
Connor
The old Apps logo that's on sparky woods hat

He's with the Heels now isn't he?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:54 am

Why are some logos OK to use and some restricted?
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 am

I really like the logo that espn did for App

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:51 am

"Yikas!"

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 pm

All depends on what a school's marketing/athletic depts decide to allow and not allow, honestly. Some schools want to establish a new brand and won't let too many vintage logos be used at a certain time.
WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:54 am
Why are some logos OK to use and some restricted?

homefield

Unread post by homefield » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:04 pm

yosef13 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am
I love the Yosef T with Mountaineers below. Looks like the font from the Old Mountain Jug. Any chance in getting that in gray?

Thanks!
Grey's a good idea! We'll have to look into making that happen.

yosef13

Unread post by yosef13 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:16 pm

homefield wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:04 pm
yosef13 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks!
Grey's a good idea! We'll have to look into making that happen.
Awesome! I'll be on the lookout.

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:13 pm

homefield wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:28 am
That is gorgeous, and has a great historic tie-in.
ImissKlondike wrote:
homefield wrote:
Hey guys! Just joined the community - I'm Connor and I help run Homefield. We make premium (read: extra comfortable) college apparel, and try to make unique/vintage designs for schools of all sizes. We know that no matter how much research we do, it'll never compare to the knowledge of die-hards, which is why we joined this community.

We have a few App State items on the site right now (https://www.homefieldapparel.com/collec ... hian-state), and we want to add even more. This is where you come in. No one loves App State more than you, and we want to learn from the experts.

Mainly: what are your favorite App logos/traditions? We only want to make apparel that serves the most passionate fans, and we take that input quite seriously.

Even if you don't have any favorite logos/traditions, if you ever are thinking about ordering some App stuff, let me know and I'll be sure to hook you up with a solid discount.

Thanks,
Connor
Make it happen, I need that in my life today. Haha

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:15 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am
ImissKlondike wrote:
homefield wrote:

Thanks,
Connor

He's with the Heels now isn't he?
Yep, he works for them now. I tweeted him before the game to ask him if he still had the hat. For some reason I didn't get a response. Ha

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:44 pm

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 am
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:52 am
The logo I posted earlier in this thread will likely be denied as well. I tried to create my own through Custom Ink and they called me saying they reached out to the school and said it couldn't be used.
Mountaineer Mania Yosef? The school shouldn't have a say should they? Mountaineer Mania should.... Either way, Homefield should reach out to MM to ask if they could use the logo.

Mania themselves have been doing basically nothing with it for years. Disappointing.
Maybe it was Mountaineer Mania that denied it, but I think it was the school because I remember the representative from Custom Ink telling me it was denied because of its likeness to the school Yosef. I agree though, it should be used more often.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:58 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:33 pm
White Block A on black helmets. I'm big on brands....you wont see Notre Dame gold, Alabamas plain with numbers, Clemsons paw, UNCs argyle ect change up their helmets (1 game a year is fine of course). Same with Barcelonas Stripes, cowboys star and Yankees pin stripes. It's the only thing Georgia Southern does better than us...they push their brand.

Brand identity is sooooo important. That's how we are known. Wish so much we went back to that instead of going semi oregon. I have no idea what our normal uniforms are....neither does anyone in the country. Most fans wont recognize our brand without seeing our name on the screen.

Rant over.
Cool uniforms are a recruitment tools. BAMA and the like dont need cool uniforms to get good players. We are good but we arent BAMA.

Stink wears the same unis b/c it harkens back to the days they had no money. The entire program's tradition is based on when they had no money. They can have that.

That said, I dont like our unis that much. The sleeves with the horizontal stripes are weird. I have no problem with the block A but I hate when we wear yellow pants with white tops. The all yellow thing we did a while back was a better look than what we'll be wearing tonight.

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:34 pm

homefield wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:24 am
As for the script - that's a great idea. Just may have to make a shirt with that on it!
There are several important phrases in App State lore as well:

"Welcome To The Rock" is said by a famous App as we run onto the field

"Today I Give My All For Appalachian State" (or, TIGMA) is on the wooden sign that the players slap before every game.

Lastly, one of Coach Jerry Moore's signature lines - "Always do more than is expected"

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:52 pm

ImissKlondike wrote:

That image is from a poster that stayed on my childhood bedroom wall with Sparky, Dino, and Settle on it. Wow, thanks for the memories, I need to find that thing!

ImissKlondike

Unread post by ImissKlondike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:52 pm
ImissKlondike wrote:

That image is from a poster that stayed on my childhood bedroom wall with Sparky, Dino, and Settle on it. Wow, thanks for the memories, I need to find that thing!
I took that picture in someone's office in the Lincolnton, NC BB&T. If you want the full picture I took shoot me a pm

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Sorry for reviving a semi-dead thread here, maybe the Homefield rep will still occasionally check this.

I ordered a few TIGMA things today, thanks for making those.

After revisiting this thread and seeing the script Mountaineers logo I had the thought of how awesome a crew neck with that chain stitched on it would be, black or dark grey with gold stitching. The school has some what recently been using it as a standalone logo so they might be willing to license it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”