Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Happy Go For Two Day

T-Dog

Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Especially to Billy Napier.

Last edited by T-Dog on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm

If we indeed see Louisiana again I say we have our whole crowd wear a "Go For 2" shirt and get the chant going. I am sure that would rattle Napier even more than usual. Remind him of the horrors of Kidd Brewer Stadium can bring to opponents!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:02 pm

My father is a Furman grad and growing up we watched Furman on the old Fox Sports South. I remember watching this game live. A couple years later Dad and I are at a Furman alumni fundraiser in Raleigh and Bobby Lamb was there...I had been accepted to Furman but chose to go to App. Bobby asked me why I didnt chose Furman and I told him I'd change my mind if he'd let me play RB for him....Dad spit his beer out at that one....Bobby rolled his eyes and told me to go talk to Coach Moore.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:29 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm
If we indeed see Louisiana again I say we have our whole crowd wear a "Go For 2" shirt and get the chant going. I am sure that would rattle Napier even more than usual. Remind him of the horrors of Kidd Brewer Stadium can bring to opponents!
I love this idea. They come to Boone for the championship this needs to get done.

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm

What year did this happen?

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm
What year did this happen?
Give 'em hell!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm
How about "Go for 8" shirts. As in 8 straight losses. :D

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:05 pm

This was the only game i missed while in school. My grandmother only had a few hours left to live and I drove back to Charlotte that morning. I remember listening to the game and going bananas. It was a bittersweet day that I will never forget.
The Appalachian State

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Looking at the video quality, was this game played in Kazakhstan around 1954? Good lawd how far we’ve come!

App4that

Unread post by App4that » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Devon Moore), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch, Marques Murrell), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Thanks for posting, and the feels T-Dog.

EDITED: To move my fool error listing Marques as a running back and fill in a suitable replacement. Just excited :D
Last edited by App4that on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

App4that wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Marques Murrell), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

I still yell (to myself) HIGHWAY 80!!! anytime I see the last name Bettis
Give 'em hell!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm

App4that wrote:

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Marques Murrell), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Better not tell Marques that he was moved away from the DL. ;)
Last edited by asu66 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

App4that

Unread post by App4that » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm
App4that wrote:

Better not tell Marques that he was moved to the offense.
Whoops! Thanks for catching that! Edited the original post accordingly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”