Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

canes_mj
School: Appalachian State

Re: Boy, We’re So...... Subdued

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am

I'm planning to go with 3 others. Got my Black and Gold gear. Car flags and magnets ready.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:39 am
That loss has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of our fanbase. Hoping a win this Saturday can boost us back up for the stretch run. Curious to see how this team and coaching staff respond to the adversity of a loss. I am still in somewhat shocked by how flat we seemed last week, just don't understand that. I am hoping for some positive signs of improvement in key departments. I think one of the toughest things to do as a coach is to get your team to peak at the right time, which in college football is the end of the season. Dabo does it better than almost anyone and the results speak for themselves.
This team always impresses me coming off a loss.

I have a weird feeling about this game. At some point, we are gonna throttle a P5 team on national tv. It’s never happened before and it’s a matter of time. And it’ll be a big statement moment for this program where we are no longer the “little guy” going toe-to-toe with the big boy. Instead the bully on the block.

ECU bodied Tobacco Road a couple years back. I’m just waiting for our moment.

Tic toc...
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm
t4pizza wrote:
That loss has definitely taken the wind out of the sails of our fanbase. Hoping a win this Saturday can boost us back up for the stretch run. Curious to see how this team and coaching staff respond to the adversity of a loss. I am still in somewhat shocked by how flat we seemed last week, just don't understand that. I am hoping for some positive signs of improvement in key departments. I think one of the toughest things to do as a coach is to get your team to peak at the right time, which in college football is the end of the season. Dabo does it better than almost anyone and the results speak for themselves.

I have a weird feeling about this game. At some point, we are gonna throttle a P5 team on national tv. It’s never happened before and it’s a matter of time. And it’ll be a big statement moment for this program where we are no longer the “little guy” going toe-to-toe with the big boy. Instead the bully on the block.

Tic toc...
You raise an interesting thought for me. What would be the biggest P5 over G5 win? All things considered, final score, level of each team coming in, etc. Obviously SC is down this year but they are still a decent SEC team that beat UGA. If both USC and UNC can reach 6 wins and become bowl eligible that would help the cause (provided we win of course). I agree, throttle them suckers on national TV.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Sure would like to see a winning Troy score flash on the scoreboard. That would put a little pep in our step. Not likely, but neither was 10/31.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I think we got humbled. Perhaps what we need before tomorrow.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:00 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:12 pm
t4pizza wrote:

Tic toc...
You raise an interesting thought for me. What would be the biggest P5 over G5 win? All things considered, final score, level of each team coming in, etc. Obviously SC is down this year but they are still a decent SEC team that beat UGA. If both USC and UNC can reach 6 wins and become bowl eligible that would help the cause (provided we win of course). I agree, throttle them suckers on national TV.
If you're talking about biggest as in biggest point-spread, I don't know. But, to me, Boise State over Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was the biggest P5 over G5 game ever. To me, it sort of solidified the G5 as not just being also-rans.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Will be representing in Cock’s Corner pregame and on the enemy side around midfield for the game. Will be with Cocks throughout giving them hell, I hope.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:26 pm

The calm before the storm...

App90

Unread post by App90 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:47 pm

I work with a lot of South Carolina fans and the consensus is this will be a dog fight but they believe they will win it, but they have this under current of why did we schedule them. Interesting thing is they are doing senior day on this game not the Clemson game. Williams Brice will be fun to be in at the beginning of the game.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:52 pm

This is the first day since Halloween that I could bear to look at Yosefs Cabin. I was pouting and I didn't want to hear everyone throwing the entire coaching staff and the season in the trash. I will be there tomorrow.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:24 pm

The wind may be out of the sails now, as some have said. But a win tomorrow and GSU taking a loss in the next two weeks puts us back on the fast track full speed ahead.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:27 pm

I think our guys are pissed off about last week's game and they're gonna direct their anger at the Gamecocks...it might get so bad that PETA gets called in to stop the abuse...

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:13 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm
I think we got humbled. Perhaps what we need before tomorrow.
We were humbled by them last year. How did they “sneak up” on us again this year is my question.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:40 pm

I work with a significant amount of Gamecock fans and my company even has given me seats to sit in the executive suite with my VP. My wife has already suggested that she won’t be on her best behavior. I’m bringing 5 other App fans with me up there.
The Appalachian State

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:48 pm

i just got offered box seats from a Gamecock fan too. Turned them down to stay in the App Section because I know my wife's behavior will be inappropriate! (as will mine)

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:14 pm

As much as I put down our fans for not braving the seriously cold/bad weather Thursday....I am hearing many SC fans bailing on the game because it is going to be too cold. It looks like PERFECT Football weather to me.

I am excited to see if we can back up the respect the odds makers are giving HAPPY APPY STATE. I will be there Happy and Loud. I am looking forward to the Ferrari being let loose on the SEC.

ANY APP FANS/STUNDENTS THINKING ABOUT GOING TO COLUMBIA SHOULD....THERE WILL BE CHEAP TICKETS FLOATING AROUND AT GAME TIME. WE WILL NEED YOU AT THE GAME.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:21 pm
Sure would like to see a winning Troy score flash on the scoreboard. That would put a little pep in our step. Not likely, but neither was 10/31.
Coastal (which like South Al), took GaSo to overtime. They were absolutely throttled at home by Louisiana last night.

I just don’t see the Eagles running the table.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Apptiger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!
All this talk about wives being inappropriate around USC fans and you throw this one out there. Made me laugh way too hard but that could be the liquor.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:50 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 pm
Apptiger wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:54 pm
Let's go Boys!

BEAT THOSE COCKS!
All this talk about wives being inappropriate around USC fans and you throw this one out there. Made me laugh way too hard but that could be the liquor.
Good one... I bet they are slingers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”