Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Top 25 Watch (real thread)

NavyApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Top 25 Watch (real thread)

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:14 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:07 pm
Texas and Iowa in the to 25 is a joke... 3 losses? Not top 25...
It's cool 😎! They both will lose again soon enough, it's what they do!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:17 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Texas and Iowa in the to 25 is a joke... 3 losses? Not top 25...
Look who they played. I mean if we had their schedule we probably have 3 losses as well. Heck, we have a loss a top 25 team should not have. If we just beat GSU we would be 18-19 right now.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:19 pm

AppinVA wrote:
We are first among others receiving votes in the AP, just four points behind Oklahoma St.
Kind of as expected. For first time the coaches were more on App in the polls. This depended on the bye teams. Indiana and Oklahoma State did not play. We are just as close to being behind KSU as being ahead of Oklahoma State. The vote totals are always interesting. It is clear there were voters who had App ahead of Indiana, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State but still some voters who had App behind them or left App off the ballot. I bet 20 people left us off the ballot this week

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:30 pm

I think we jump SMU in the committee ranking. Just my opinion.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Indiana? Seriously? Two losses, no track record ever and a blowout loss. Win next week and we will be back in.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Next week SMU plays Navy, I'd assume the loser of that one drops out of the top 25, Texas plays ISU, a team who could easily beat the Longhorns based on what they did to the Sooners this week, Indiana plays Penn State and Iowa plays Minnesota, both of which I would assume would be considered underdogs in those matchups.

If we can take care of Georgia State (who for all intensive purposes seems to be a fairly solid team this year) we should be back up in the T25 next week.
Last edited by hotrod2001 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Another Sun Belt first by this team. Enter, leave and re-enter a T25 poll in the same year.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm
Indiana? Seriously? Two losses, no track record ever and a blowout loss. Win next week and we will be back in.
This is the bigger fraud, not the 3-loss teams. At least those have all played and beaten good teams. Indiana has beaten no one good and struggled with a few weak teams.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:16 pm
Next week SMU plays Navy, I'd assume the loser of that one drops out of the top 25, Texas plays ISU, a team who easily beat the Longhorns, Indiana plays Penn State and Iowa plays Minnesota, both of which I would assume would be considered underdogs in those matchups.

If we can take care of Georgia State (who for all intensive purposes seems to be a fairly solid team this year) we should be back up in the T25 next week.
If App wins big the likely scenario is 21-23 range actually. Although, if there are some upsets them maybe just 25. If you look at who everyone plays though there is a chance we skyrocket. Have to win though. I wish we had another big game in the eyes of media because none of our remaining schedule will impress them. Even if we win by 10-13 next week I will be impressed though. To come off a first ever SEC road win and have the national ranking would really be impressive and show we are a level above, which we have to be.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am
Heck, I am not sold on the AAC. They have a great hype machine with all their Power 6 talk but at the end of the day what are they really? Cincy got a huge boost because they beat what was thought to be a good UCF team, well that team has 3 losses and Cincy is the best loss of the group. SMU barely beats ECU, Tulsa just beat UCF and has pushed several other teams, Navy has beaten nobody of import, Memphis looks to be the best of the AAC but we will see how they finish their schedule. I have watched several of these teams and honestly I think we beat them all. Of course the SunBelt doesn't have that 365 hype machine preaching "Power 6" on all media markets. It really does work because the perception of the strength of the AAC doesn't match the reality in my eyes.
Maybe, but Sagarin has it far and away the top G5 league, and I would guess their OOC performance supports that. It’s way deeper than other G5s. I agree with you that App is on par with anyone in the AAC; the difference is that they have 4-5 teams at that level, while the Sun Belt just has us. We have few opportunities for perceived quality wins in our league, and if we have an off day and lose, it hurts us more because it’s going to be against a mediocre team like GS.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:15 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Next week SMU plays Navy, I'd assume the loser of that one drops out of the top 25, Texas plays ISU, a team who easily beat the Longhorns, Indiana plays Penn State and Iowa plays Minnesota, both of which I would assume would be considered underdogs in those matchups.

If App wins big the likely scenario is 21-23 range actually. Although, if there are some upsets them maybe just 25. If you look at who everyone plays though there is a chance we skyrocket. Have to win though. I wish we had another big game in the eyes of media because none of our remaining schedule will impress them. Even if we win by 10-13 next week I will be impressed though. To come off a first ever SEC road win and have the national ranking would really be impressive and show we are a level above, which we have to be.
As I like to quote Spiderman Noir: "We don't pick the ballroom, we just dance."

Luckily with Georgia State doing well, they've bumped our game up to ESPNU from ESPN+ which I guess you could spin as having a little more weight to it than the typical GSU game of yore has. I'd hope the AP folks realize that Georgia Southern is a rivarly game with more than just a "W" on the line, so its not like we laid an egg against South Alabama or Rice. Bouncing back with a victory over an SEC team should help, I think like with a lot of things, we're in control of our own destiny. We we win out, we get the SBC championship, we get our ranking and a bowl win which will probably end with a top 25 overall end-of-year standing which is a great high note to end on.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:36 pm

All the reason to hate them more, Georgia Southern derailed what might have been last season and knocked us off the tracks this season to likely mid to low teen season ending ranks.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
hotrod2001 wrote:

Luckily with Georgia State doing well, they've bumped our game up to ESPNU from ESPN+ which I guess you could spin as having a little more weight to it than the typical GSU game of yore has. I'd hope the AP folks realize that Georgia Southern is a rivarly game with more than just a "W" on the line, so its not like we laid an egg against South Alabama or Rice. Bouncing back with a victory over an SEC team should help, I think like with a lot of things, we're in control of our own destiny. We we win out, we get the SBC championship, we get our ranking and a bowl win which will probably end with a top 25 overall end-of-year standing which is a great high note to end on.
It is indeed a great high note to end on. I was just hoping we could control our own destiny the entire way. Luckily we got the help we needed this past week. Georgia State is definitely better and there is no question the combo of both teams doing well put it on ESPNU. If we can get to where we dominate like Boise State typically does in the MWC then we should get to where all of our games are on normal TV.

And I know GSU is not the same as say losing to Rice or like UCF did against Tulsa but the media still thinks the SBC is not as good. A 1-loss AAC champ will get in NY6 over a 12-1 App and that is just how it is. We need the SBC to dominate the MAC and others every year to erase that stigma. Stuff like that usually takes a few years.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:41 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am
Heck, I am not sold on the AAC. They have a great hype machine with all their Power 6 talk but at the end of the day what are they really? Cincy got a huge boost because they beat what was thought to be a good UCF team, well that team has 3 losses and Cincy is the best loss of the group. SMU barely beats ECU, Tulsa just beat UCF and has pushed several other teams, Navy has beaten nobody of import, Memphis looks to be the best of the AAC but we will see how they finish their schedule. I have watched several of these teams and honestly I think we beat them all. Of course the SunBelt doesn't have that 365 hype machine preaching "Power 6" on all media markets. It really does work because the perception of the strength of the AAC doesn't match the reality in my eyes.
Maybe, but Sagarin has it far and away the top G5 league, and I would guess their OOC performance supports that. It’s way deeper than other G5s. I agree with you that App is on par with anyone in the AAC; the difference is that they have 4-5 teams at that level, while the Sun Belt just has us. We have few opportunities for perceived quality wins in our league, and if we have an off day and lose, it hurts us more because it’s going to be against a mediocre team like GS.
Watched some of SMU ECU. We could have beaten them both Saturday at the same time.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am

SMU is off this week. Navy plays Notre Dame.

Iowa plays Minnesota and Indiana plays Penn State, so if App wins in Atlanta, App will be ranked in all the polls next week.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:52 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
hotrod2001 wrote:

It is indeed a great high note to end on. I was just hoping we could control our own destiny the entire way. Luckily we got the help we needed this past week. Georgia State is definitely better and there is no question the combo of both teams doing well put it on ESPNU. If we can get to where we dominate like Boise State typically does in the MWC then we should get to where all of our games are on normal TV.

And I know GSU is not the same as say losing to Rice or like UCF did against Tulsa but the media still thinks the SBC is not as good. A 1-loss AAC champ will get in NY6 over a 12-1 App and that is just how it is. We need the SBC to dominate the MAC and others every year to erase that stigma. Stuff like that usually takes a few years.
Oh I know. Even if we managed to run the table I still don't know if we would have gotten the Cotton Bowl bid. The important thing though is that we have proven that it can be done. a NY6 trip to The Cotton Bowl IS an attainable achievement for this team if we do what we need to do to get there. And yeah, if Boise State and UCF have proven, it takes two really good seasons for your program to be "legitimized" in the eyes of the powers that be. If we can do to Wake Forest and Wisconsin next year what we did to the Carolinas this year, we'll cement that "next Boise State" moniker I think and will be to the Sun Belt what the Broncos are to the Mountain West.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:22 am

Memphis seems to be the school getting the hype in the AAC this year as their best team. App had one common opponent with them, ULM...App won 52-7, Memphis won 52-33

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 am

APP93 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:22 am
Memphis seems to be the school getting the hype in the AAC this year as their best team. App had one common opponent with them, ULM...App won 52-7, Memphis won 52-33
Cincinnati is ranked ahead of Memphis in all three polls. The Nov. 29 game they play will be very interesting. Personally, I think Cincinnati is the better team.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:40 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 am
APP93 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:22 am
Cincinnati is ranked ahead of Memphis in all three polls. The Nov. 29 game they play will be very interesting. Personally, I think Cincinnati is the better team.
I've watched all three of the top AAC teams in the past few weeks. Memphis is the top dog. But just like us all three are very susceptible to loss. Still holding hope the AAC canablizes itself over the last few weeks. We are not all the way out of a NY6 but that chance is the slimmest.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:18 am

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to post this thought, but: I feel very confident in saying, if we're not in this week's CFP poll the NY6 dream is dead.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”