Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Shout out to App Fans

mike87
School: Appalachian State

Re: Shout out to App Fans

Unread post by mike87 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Walking in pre-game the App / State cheers and fist bumping in the concession area was crazy. We were definitely coming in cocky and seemed to set the tone for the game. One of the better road games for “the nation” imho

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:53 pm

yikas1 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:20 pm
I would say we had 10 to 15,000 people there. The South Carolina fans were selling tickets in the lower sections cheaper because of their atrocious season. Hats off to the fans for being so loud. I was shocked at how many South Carolina fans left when the game was still in question.
That was my guess too; about 70k total, and 1/6 were App fans; so about 10k to 15k.

Why leave when the game remains in doubt? No explanation there.

The Gamecock fans were friendly, but "stand-off-ish", but I though App fans presented well.

I was in section 17 & agree we were loud!

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm

So glad to be a part of the takeover last night. App fans were loud for sure... I rewatched the game today when we got home and was amazed at how loud we sounded on TV.

Ready to get through this week and head to Atlanta for the game!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:21 pm

All I can say is I could not go and I’m ashamed. My daughter had a showcase softball tourney in Myrtle Beach with the App coach in attendance 😜 that being said the Marriott was rocking when I got back .Screaming at the top of my lungs. It did look amazing on TV ...well done App nation!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm

ASUGrad2014 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm
So glad to be a part of the takeover last night. App fans were loud for sure... I rewatched the game today when we got home and was amazed at how loud we sounded on TV.

Ready to get through this week and head to Atlanta for the game!
I too re-watched the game today. The refs did not look quite as incompetent as they did live, but that's not a compliment. Sitting in section 17, I could not understand anything the ref said through his mike, and his pronouncements were much more clear on TV. I still disagree with many of the calls.

Short week, and I'm ready for Atlanta too. It is a shame GaSt lost its QB. That guy, Ellison, was good the last time we played them.

BTW, I REALLY liked the USC halftime show. Especially when they honored the soldier who flew a B-52 over Normandy (at least, I think that's what the announcer said), and was 100 years old. I was also proud of App Nation's response ... complete silence during the announcement, with all paying attention, with a standing O for him, and we all sang God Bless America.

Well done! Both USC's production and organization of the half time show, and App Nation's respectful response!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm

A B-52 over Normandy? That's a head scratcher.
BLACK SATURDAY

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:41 pm

It’s delicious irony that the double wide twitter brigade from USC is calling App fans classless for cheering loudly in their stadium. Lol. I guess these same fans call Florida fans redneck?

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:40 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 am
Wow! Biggest story for me was how many App fans made the trip and how we took over Williams Bryce. We dominated their stadium and truly took away their home field atmosphere. It was awesome to see!

Game ended up being too close for comfort. Drink needs to find a balance in his clock management and conservative play calling.

Des Franklin needs to take a seat and we need to get another safety out there. Loved him last year, but he has been brutal this year. *correction* rewatching on TV, a couple of plays that I thought #8 made were actually Des. He was solid in coverage. Still took some bad tackle angles later in the game, but he actually had a solid game compared to previous few games.

Zac needs to work on going through his progressions. Again, he had another rough night. Not sure what's going on and why he is struggling, but Drink needs to work on it with him.

Good bounce back win, see everyone down in Atlanta.
I was at the game and watched it again today. I thought Franklin had a great game. In fact I thought our d backs as a whole had their best game to date.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:52 pm

Yeah. At the game, I though #8 had made some of the plays Franklin made, and vice versa. I still have concerns about Des, but this was his best game to date.
The Appalachian State

ASU8

Unread post by ASU8 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Was in section 307 up top! Actually a lot of App Fans up there. But the lower sections on visiting side WOW! Impressive! We certainly upset a few USC fans in our section, but they left early so it didn’t matter! Several comments about beating the D3 team before kickoff were quickly shut up!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:00 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm

B-17 most likely.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:33 am

My schedule changed and some friends and I were able to make the trip to Columbia last minute, glad it worked out as it's nice to have seen this team beat both Carolinas in the same year. I thought there were way more app fans in Columbia then Chapel Hill.

Subotsch was getting some grief on this message board after the GS game, I thought he was one of the stars of the game for App. He had one heck of a game and saved Apps butt multiple times with great pressure kicks.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:03 am

Black Saturday wrote:
I found it puzzling too but i chalked it up to the fact that the PASystem was difficult to understand in section 17. Then, when i rewatched the game they showed a quick shot of the guy and come to find out there were three WWII veterans there. I thought the announcer was talking about the one guy in a wheelchair. But regardless of all these details, i was commenting on the respectful appreciation shown by App Nation even if some of us were not quite sure of the details. Good job!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:41 pm
It’s delicious irony that the double wide twitter brigade from USC is calling App fans classless for cheering loudly in their stadium. Lol. I guess these same fans call Florida fans redneck?
I’ve seen a lot of this too. I guess they don’t know what a typical opposing team fan base sounds like since South Carolina has only been relevant for about 3 years out of the last 30. I’d assume most Florida, Georgia, etc. fans just assume they will always beat SC so they don’t get too fired up.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:29 am

This was the view from a friend from the other side. Alot of Black and Gold on the visitor side.
IMG_3079.jpeg

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:20 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:41 pm
I’ve seen a lot of this too. I guess they don’t know what a typical opposing team fan base sounds like since South Carolina has only been relevant for about 3 years out of the last 30. I’d assume most Florida, Georgia, etc. fans just assume they will always beat SC so they don’t get too fired up.
I think they're likely more upset about getting beaten like a drum in their own stadium to "lil ole Appy State" and it's spilling over. They're also mad at their own "fans" for being shown up in their own house. And you folks who were there certainly showed up big. Wish I could have been there...
Give 'em hell!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 am

Traveling fans are awesome and you can tell the players appreciate it. I always enjoy the camaraderie on the trips.
With that said, we ALL should pencil in a “save the date” for Saturday, 11/23 and 12/7. It’s time we re-establish the Rock as a dreadful place for opponents. So far this year, our best games have been on the road and our worst (relative) games have been at home. I know it’s 1-0 this week, but make plans now to show up loud on 11/23 &12/7, regardless of the Boone weather. GO APP!
Last edited by MAD Doctor on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

nomadb

Unread post by nomadb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:10 am

What a great weekend. Traveled down with 3 other guys who I went to school with back in the early 2000's and had a blast.

We got a tailgating spot at Gamecock Park, hoping to be in the thick of the SEC tailgate scene. We showed up at 12:59 because the lot opened at 1:00. We were second in line. The next several cars that came and parked by us were all App fans. The section we were parked in never really filled up and those who did show arrived around 5:00. I was pretty surprised by this since I figured, even with a "small" game like App on the schedule, their fans would show up.

Interacted with several USC fans and most were nice and just there to enjoy the day. The exception to that were two different encounters with guys who felt the need to come tell us - and I paraphrase - "IF things break JUST RIGHT for you guys, there's a CHANCE you could COMPETE for SOME OF THE GAME" Another common theme was "Our athletes are just too good for your team to compete" Many laughs were had about these conversations after the fact.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:34 pm

I spoke with one old guy, seemed to be a retired high school coach, who was a Gamecock fan at our tailgate. He respected our program a lot and was down on their team this year, but he made a statement that there wasn't a single player on our roster that they would have recruited BUT the game was going to be close and they might lose, because our coaches actually develop our players and their coaches need to learn how to do that.
We only had positive and fun interaction with Gamecock fans. They all knew the game was not going to be easy and that there was a good chance they were going to lose.

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:23 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Yeah, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”