Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

USC Twitter Bad Mouthing Our Fanbase

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Re: USC Twitter Bad Mouthing Our Fanbase

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Twitter: an instrument of the devil.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:14 pm

bettysburner wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
MtnMan09 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:07 pm
appfan22 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:58 am
I did not attend the game, but I did see where an individual made a comment that App fans were chanting "ASU" during USC's alma mater. I witnessed the same thing happen at Clemson a few years ago.

Bottom line - the ASU chant is cringe-worthy, and to do it during a unique pre-game tradition makes our fan base look more like trolls than fans of our own team. I wouldn't lose any sleep if I were to never hear that chant again. It lacks originality and doesn't represent our unique football culture to outsiders.
You have got to be kidding me. The ASU chant is "cringe-worthy"???? Its been around since at least the early 00s and it always gets people going. Say what you want, but seeing our fan base coopt Sandstorm at the beginning of the game for that chant was one of the coolest things I have seen. The energy was electric. Not sure how a chant that uses our initials fails to "represent our unique football culture." Do you bash the kids for saying Neers too?
Thoughts from a 2017 grad:

The ASU chant is booty.
Serious question from an old grad...does that mean it is good or bad?

bettysburner

Unread post by bettysburner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:27 pm

APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:14 pm
bettysburner wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:58 pm
MtnMan09 wrote:
appfan22 wrote:
I did not attend the game, but I did see where an individual made a comment that App fans were chanting "ASU" during USC's alma mater. I witnessed the same thing happen at Clemson a few years ago.

Bottom line - the ASU chant is cringe-worthy, and to do it during a unique pre-game tradition makes our fan base look more like trolls than fans of our own team. I wouldn't lose any sleep if I were to never hear that chant again. It lacks originality and doesn't represent our unique football culture to outsiders.
You have got to be kidding me. The ASU chant is "cringe-worthy"???? Its been around since at least the early 00s and it always gets people going. Say what you want, but seeing our fan base coopt Sandstorm at the beginning of the game for that chant was one of the coolest things I have seen. The energy was electric. Not sure how a chant that uses our initials fails to "represent our unique football culture." Do you bash the kids for saying Neers too?
Thoughts from a 2017 grad:

The ASU chant is booty.
Serious question from an old grad...does that mean it is good or bad?
Honestly great question because nothing beats a good booty.

But in this case it is bad.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:33 pm

From a 2000 grad: There’s nothing inherently bad about “ASU,” it’s just dated. We no longer brand ourselves that way, so it feels weird to hear it now. But change takes time and habits don’t break quickly.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Given the gamecocks were yelling USC, USC, USC during Sandstorm....it felt good to yell ASU, ASU, ASU back at them later during the game.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 pm

#BEATETSU
FREQS AND GEEKS!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:16 pm

MtnMan09 wrote:
appfan22 wrote:

It was interesting that the entire fan base was into their alma mater. (we just don't the same reverence for the singing of our alma mater in Boone). Our band did play over their band and the Hilinski tribute. However, the tribute was not even announced during the game. We knew about it because we tailgated with some Gamecocks pre-game and they said that there would be silence during the first play of the third quarter as a tribute to his brother.

I enjoyed the level that they took their tailgating too. I enjoyed their pregame and that their band played during almost the entire game. There halftime show was incredible.

Their fanbase was average at best. The students did not fill their section and left early (all student sections leave early, but their's was a max exodus. Their fans seemed to look down at App State and certainly didn't have the enthusiasm of our fan base. (losing may be a cause of that)

It was also interesting to hear the Gamecock Club Financial Requirements, Season Ticket Prices and Parking Prices. Our athletic budget is peanuts compared to the SEC. And, that doesn't even take into account the disparity in corporate sponsors.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:19 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:33 pm
From a 2000 grad: There’s nothing inherently bad about “ASU,” it’s just dated. We no longer brand ourselves that way, so it feels weird to hear it now. But change takes time and habits don’t break quickly.
You can only yell "App" "State" so many times during a game. A few rounds of "ASU", is a nice change in my opinion.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:47 pm

I loved what they did with "cocky" at the first of the game. I would give to create "Yosef" a platform in the middle of the field to lead the we will rock you chant at the beginning of the game or some other intro. Like he is welcoming everyone home. Our Yosef is awesome and has a lot of potential to be more involved in the introduction.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm

APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:55 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am
It happens a couple of times and this video is limited, but you can clearly see our players grabbing the hedges, ripping them up, and throwing them in the air a the 33 second mark. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen a football team do, it's fairly mild. I just don't care for that type of behavior is all.
I see a video of a bunch of kids who work extremely hard celebrating a big win with their fans. It's not like they are running around tearing up stadium signs with SC logos or pulling the damn hedge out of the ground. Just gave it a little trim courtesy of App State football.

After SC beat UGA I saw players doing interviews with handful of UGA's hedges...all part of the traditions and what makes college football great.
Yes, because another team destroys someone else's property makes it ok for our team to do the same? Destroying property is not celebrating. Let's be better than that.
You call that destroying property? Will the hedge die? Point is if SC fans are calling out our players for that then they are being hypocrites.

If the players were causing permanent property damage that would be one thing...they were pulling some leaves off a hedge.
Next spring I'll stop by your house and yank all the flowers and leaves off your bushes. It's ok, because the following year, they'll grow back right? You wouldn't mind a bit? It's pretty simple, it's not our property to do that to. That's one of the biggest issues this country has is just simply respecting each other and their property. Why not try and instill that sense of respect utilizing our education system? Why not encourage football players to be role models since whether they like or not, they are?

I'll get off my soapbox about it, I just thought it was a classless move. I do agree though, SC fans are hypocrites.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:55 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:41 pm
APP93 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm
Yosef wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am
It happens a couple of times and this video is limited, but you can clearly see our players grabbing the hedges, ripping them up, and throwing them in the air a the 33 second mark. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen a football team do, it's fairly mild. I just don't care for that type of behavior is all.
I see a video of a bunch of kids who work extremely hard celebrating a big win with their fans. It's not like they are running around tearing up stadium signs with SC logos or pulling the damn hedge out of the ground. Just gave it a little trim courtesy of App State football.

After SC beat UGA I saw players doing interviews with handful of UGA's hedges...all part of the traditions and what makes college football great.
Yes, because another team destroys someone else's property makes it ok for our team to do the same? Destroying property is not celebrating. Let's be better than that.
You call that destroying property? Will the hedge die? Point is if SC fans are calling out our players for that then they are being hypocrites.

If the players were causing permanent property damage that would be one thing...they were pulling some leaves off a hedge.
Next spring I'll stop by your house and yank all the flowers and leaves off your bushes. It's ok, because the following year, they'll grow back right? You wouldn't mind a bit? It's pretty simple, it's not our property to do that to. That's one of the biggest issues this country has is just simply respecting each other and their property. Why not try and instill that sense of respect utilizing our education system? Why not encourage football players to be role models since whether they like or not, they are?

I'll get off my soapbox about it, I just thought it was a classless move. I do agree though, SC fans are hypocrites.
Good luck getting to my bushes before the f’ing deer do!!!!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:36 pm

How about " Mooooonshine!"

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm
canes_mj wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 pm
All of the App fans around me were good...we were in the upper deck...but I will say I saw our fans in the endzone corner waving bye and taunting many of the USC fans who were leaving early in the 3rd quarter as they walked by into the tunnel
Yeah, I thought that was bad form. I'm not sure what motivates people to behave like that.
Do huh? Are we a tad overly sensitive here?

I did not see those fans described. But i was in section 17 and i was waiving bye to all the SC fans leaving in the 3rd qtr that i saw from across the field. The solution is for the SC fans to stick around they missed a great game. Not sorry.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:49 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 pm
hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm
canes_mj wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:43 pm
All of the App fans around me were good...we were in the upper deck...but I will say I saw our fans in the endzone corner waving bye and taunting many of the USC fans who were leaving early in the 3rd quarter as they walked by into the tunnel
Yeah, I thought that was bad form. I'm not sure what motivates people to behave like that.
Do huh? Are we a tad overly sensitive here?

I did not see those fans described. But i was in section 17 and i was waiving bye to all the SC fans leaving in the 3rd qtr that i saw from across the field. The solution is for the SC fans to stick around they missed a great game. Not sorry.
Some were waving with their middle fingers. They were getting pretty close to getting in some folks faces.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:00 pm

I don’t think it was a big deal, I saw a couple of them on video pulling leaves off and throwing them in the air over the fans like confetti, probably not even noticeable

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Overcashed wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 pm
MtnMan09 wrote:
I miss the old A-S-U touchdown flags that would start A-S-U-U-S-A chants after we scored.

Also a neutral fan on Reddit that was at the game said that we needed to learn more chants than just "A S U" and "App - State", like what else do you really want us to do?! We did get a solid little "I said its great to be a Mountaineer" going post game, but I doubt they stuck around for that.
How about You Suck A$$hole on the kick off that was a goodern

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm

As a society or as an institution, we don't emphasize kindness anymore. So we reap what we sow.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:08 pm

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Some were waving with their middle fingers. They were getting pretty close to getting in some folks faces.
Ah. I did not see that either. Then, in that case, I agree with you. Classless.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Spot the boomers in this thread.
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:14 am

USC is complaining about us damaging hedges?

And don't talk to me about class and sportsmanship when your fanbase has had incidents multiple times this year of throwing crap onto the field and having to be warned by the officiating staff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”