Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Let’s Try to Be.....

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Let’s Try to Be.....

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 pm

Twitter seemed to be blowing up with App fans demeaning UNCCs bowl eligibility. They did wax 7-3 Marshall to earn it. While I despise all things 49er I give their team credit that has been a dumpster fire since inception. I know the record of the teams sans Marshall is crap but their team ( not the fans) stuck with it. Stay as classy as you can fellow Mountaineers.

APP93

Re: Let’s Try to Be.....

Unread post by APP93 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm

I agree, let's be better than that. Their fans can belittle App all they want, personally I just shrug it off and laugh. Our history, accomplishments, and current state of the program speak for itself.

In the end, their student athletes deserve our respect even if some of their fans don't.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 pm

I wish I knew what fans the f*** you guys are talking about lol. I know UNCC grads, not one of them is diluted to ever belittle App lol. They know the deal

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:25 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 pm
Twitter seemed to be blowing up with App fans demeaning UNCCs bowl eligibility. They did wax 7-3 Marshall to earn it. While I despise all things 49er I give their team credit that has been a dumpster fire since inception. I know the record of the teams sans Marshall is crap but their team ( not the fans) stuck with it. Stay as classy as you can fellow Mountaineers.
I like that we will have beaten yet another bowl-bound team. Makes our SOS look better.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm

TheAppalachianState wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 pm
I wish I knew what fans the f*** you guys are talking about lol. I know UNCC grads, not one of them is diluted to ever belittle App lol. They know the deal
“Deluded” fixed it for you

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:55 pm
Until they beat Marshall, I thought it was an interesting fact that they could gain Bowl eligibility (if they lost to Marshall and beat ODU) despite possibly beating all losing record teams with a total of 6 FBS wins (and 7 FCS wins) as of last week.
That's actually amazing.

The Marshall victory gives them some credibility. Also, the fans did not stick with it. Their message board almost unilaterally wrote the team off after they lost to Western Kentucky. They only had about 12K (and very few students) in the stands for the North Texas game and many of those who attended that game were out of the stadium and in local stores before they made the comeback in that game that turned their season around.

I don't think it's classless to state the reality of their season. However, if they win this week and finish the season on a five=game win streak, I'll give their coaches and players all the credit for continuing to work hard and finish the season.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:50 pm
TheAppalachianState wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 pm
“Deluded” fixed it for you

Yep... thanks for that 😂

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 pm

What if we face them in New Orleans? It could happen. But for now beat Troy!!!!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:11 pm
What if we face them in New Orleans? It could happen. But for now beat Troy!!!!
If that happens I hope we beat them senseless. The way our DB's have improved, a couple of those long attempts will be INTs. One thing I don't see them trying again - trying to hurdle Jordan Fehr!!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

Basically they think that this is the beginning of the end for the football team. We need to make sure they understand their place in CFB

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:27 am

Congrats to the tallest midget!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am

yosef69 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

Basically they think that this is the beginning of the end for the football team. We need to make sure they understand their place in CFB
They've pronounced the end of our football team for over a decade now. Any and all bad blood between these two programs is/was unilaterally started by their small, yet obnoxious fanbase.

Honestly we need to stop engaging entirely. All it does is help ratify that they've "arrived" (despite having but one single win over a winning team this season). Our football programs aren't even in the same universe. We've been ranked for most of the season. If we had their exact same record against those same teams Drink would be in the hot seat.

Football Culture.

rbarthle17
Site Admin

Unread post by rbarthle17 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:58 am

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 am
yosef69 wrote:

They've pronounced the end of our football team for over a decade now. Any and all bad blood between these two programs is/was unilaterally started by their small, yet obnoxious fanbase.

Honestly we need to stop engaging entirely. All it does is help ratify that they've "arrived" (despite having but one single win over a winning team this season). Our football programs aren't even in the same universe. We've been ranked for most of the season. If we had their exact same record against those same teams Drink would be in the hot seat.

Football Culture.
So we should treat them exactly how we complain that P5s treat us? I would prefer to be better than that.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 am

Gonzo wrote:

Football Culture.
I'd think his seat would be so hot that he would already be out (or one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel). But that's not the case, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

UNCC fans (all 6 of em) aren't worth our time or effort, though I do enjoy reading when they start crap and our guys shut them down.
Give 'em hell!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:07 am

There's something wrong with someone who always wants to belittle someone else's success. It is a two-way street, but as the older, more mature fan base, we should be above that. I would think we wouldn't be that insecure that we resort to that behavior.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:17 am

Gonzo wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

Football Culture.
This is par for the course. What do you do after becoming bowl eligible for the first time in school history? Immediately tweet about App State. :lol: :lol: :lol: They are so obsessed with us.

Judging from how many "next time we play we'll be in the SEC" i got after 2018 destruction, I can't imagine how insufferable UNCC fans will be now that they have their 1st winning record (assuming they beat ODU). It would be hilarious if they lost to Marsha and beat ODU to have bowl eligibility after beating teams with a combined 6 FBS wins.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:20 am

hapapp wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:07 am
There's something wrong with someone who always wants to belittle someone else's success. It is a two-way street, but as the older, more mature fan base, we should be above that. I would think we wouldn't be that insecure that we resort to that behavior.
I, for one, am very immature and will take great pride in continuing to belittle their alleged success.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:40 am

Well, I am happy for them. The more wins our previous opponents have the better our strength of schedule. No other reason to pay attention to them.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am

I have to agree with the OP. IIRC, based on their fans continuously reminding us, their football team is only 3.5 years old. You guys shouldn't be talking smack to toddlers, it's unbecoming of a true Mountaineer. At the very least, you should wait until their football team can vote, buy vapes and fight for this country before talking trash to them.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:08 am

They made their bed, now they have to sleep in it, wet sheets and all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”