Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

#RankLouisiana

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
EastHallApp
School: Appalachian State

#RankLouisiana

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

(Or UL, or Cajuns, whatever.) Let’s get it trending.

Maybe the Sun Belt commissioner doesn’t care that the league has a NY6 contender for the first time ever, and a chance for a top 25 matchup in the conference title game. But someone should be banging the drum.

Having both teams ranked next Saturday would be good for everyone, no matter who wins. If and when App beats the Cajuns again, I want us to get proper credit for beating a very good team twice, just like the AAC teams get credit for beating each other.

hotrod2001

Re: #RankLouisiana

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:32 pm

I think it's a miracle that we've survived the FBS politics and have managed to stay in there.

Not saying that they're not deserving, maybe they'd get into the AP top 25, but unfortunately at this point in the year, the only way you get a # by your name on the screen is with the CFP. And since they lost their two signature games (App and Miss State) I just don't see it.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Yeah, no way UL gets ranked.....unless they beat us.....
The Appalachian State

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:21 am

No way they're in the CFP, I agree. Other ones are a long shot this week. But sometimes the first step is to tell people to pay attention.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:04 am

Louisiana is a very good team. It will be a testament to a great season to beat that team 2 times in the same season. Will be much more difficult than last year. We will get to see what this great team is made of. Go App!

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:21 am

They were a top ESPNFPI 36 team. You can look at their margin of victory. Plus most of us know that ULL could beat some of the teams in the Top 25. It is in our interest from a conference and team perspective to have them ranked. Maybe with their prime spot tonight at 7 on ESPNU they can turn some heads.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:15 am

Respect the Cajuns.....they will be coming in with plenty of moxie. This will be our biggest game of the year!
KICK ASS!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:20 am

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:42 pm
Yeah, no way UL gets ranked.....unless they beat us.....
I agree. They will be receiving votes as long as they win today. They play their rival and that game could be a 20-25 point blowout or they could lose. You never know.

If they win today and beat us then they sneak in at 25 in the Coaches Poll.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Maybe the Sun Belt commissioner doesn’t care that the league has a NY6 contender for the first time ever, and a chance for a top 25 matchup in the conference title game. But someone should be banging the drum.

Having both teams ranked next Saturday would be good for everyone, no matter who wins. If and when App beats the Cajuns again, I want us to get proper credit for beating a very good team twice, just like the AAC teams get credit for beating each other.
I know it would look good for the league but they don't deserve a ranking and getting them trending won't put them in there. ULL has no quality wins and lost to a 6-6 MSU team and then by double digits to us at their place. I just don't see the CFP ranking them. I would say they deserve it for sure had they beat Miss State though. Half of the MSU defense was suspended for that game and they still won by 2 scores. I watched that entire game and was pulling for ULL. I'm pulling for them to look good tonight for sure.

I think we are definitely a top 25 team in the country based on talent but right now we are about a 5% chance at the NY6. Really could have used a Boise loss to CSU since it was on the road. That game was a trap game for them but they walked away with a win. We should jump over them in the polls and CFP but I don't think we will because voters realize what I just said about a trap game. To even have a prayer at the CFP we now must beat ULL, Boise lose to Hawaii, and Memphis lose to Cincy. Even then I think Cincy would get the nod unless they fall behind us but they could still jump back over us because they would have a win over a top 20 team.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:35 am

I think UVA sneaks in at #25, I think we should be at #24 or, in my opinion, leap frog Boise and land around #22 or #23 if the others win today. It definitely should help that we blew Troy out at their place without our stud WR. Any doubt they may had, we should've put that to rest last night. Boise just hasn't passed the eye test for me as an unbiased observer, I'm wondering if the committee starts seeing through that MWC mirage. That conference is down this year.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:35 am
I think UVA sneaks in at #25, I think we should be at #24 or, in my opinion, leap frog Boise and land around #22 or #23 if the others win today. It definitely should help that we blew Troy out at their place without our stud WR. Any doubt they may had, we should've put that to rest last night. Boise just hasn't passed the eye test for me as an unbiased observer, I'm wondering if the committee starts seeing through that MWC mirage. That conference is down this year.
I'm the same way as you on this. I don't know if they will put us ahead of them but I think we should jump them. The only way I would put them back above us is if they beat Hawaii by like 30 points and we only win by a FG or lose. Hawaii is better than Troy but not better than ULL.

UVA will definitely be ranked. The question is how high would we be if Oklahoma State and Iowa State both lose. I feel like OSU will for sure. It would have been interesting to see where we land if Boise and Iowa both had gone down.

Say OSU loses and Iowa State wins and all other games go like they should from 15-20 is 17. Memphis 18. Auburn 19. Boise State 20. USC 21. Iowa State 22. App State 23. Cincy 24. UVA 25. Oklahoma State or SMU

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:10 pm

SP+ has Louisiana higher than us. They've been more impressive in their wins.

I think they're one of the best 30 teams in the nation.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:54 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:10 pm
SP+ has Louisiana higher than us. They've been more impressive in their wins.

I think they're one of the best 30 teams in the nation.
Keep in mind they have been more aggressive. Drink has not tried to run up the score. We could have beat Troy by 60 if we wanted to. Drink started putting in backups in the 3rd quarter. We played 4th and 5th string players last night. We have had times where we had slow starts for sure but just remember Drink has not wanted to blow people out. I think ULL is good but my guess is they finish in the rankings if they beat us. They need a quality win and don't have one yet. If they beat ULM badly today and then beat us though I would fully expect them to be ranked. Their score today will be interesting because they could still lose this game and it effects nothing. It is a true trap game. I'll be impressed if they beat their rival by like 35-40 points today. Typically a game like this should be closer because their team should be looking ahead to us. Our win last night took away the biggest hanging fruit of home field for them.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Who was the Safety that played the 4th quarter wearing#1? No name on jersey and not listed on the roster. Big and long.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:31 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:25 pm
Who was the Safety that played the 4th quarter wearing#1? No name on jersey and not listed on the roster. Big and long.
That's what she said... And she called me #1.

Low hanging fruit, had to do it. I'm so immature
The Appalachian State

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm

I expect Virginia to be ranked ahead of us. I attribute my expectation to the belief that the CFP committee is not likely to want Clemson to be playing an unranked team in a conference championship.

I doubt there's any way that the CFP committee would ever rank two Sun Belt teams. The politics just don't go that way. They will always rank AAC and Mountain West teams before they rank Sun Belt teams.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:53 pm

The ACC needs a ranked team for the Orange Bowl, once Clemson burns UVA down there’s no one left.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 pm

#screwLouisiana

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:36 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 pm
I expect Virginia to be ranked ahead of us. I attribute my expectation to the belief that the CFP committee is not likely to want Clemson to be playing an unranked team in a conference championship.

I doubt there's any way that the CFP committee would ever rank two Sun Belt teams. The politics just don't go that way. They will always rank AAC and Mountain West teams before they rank Sun Belt teams.
I think UVA will be ranked but I expect us to be like 22-23, depending on results tonight, and then for UVA to be just behind us. Had they dominated VT by like 17-20 then I think they would have passed us. We looked pretty good at Troy. What we did was tough to do. They have either won big or lost by just one score at home this year. Nobody has walked into their place and dominated them until us. I have been the one who has been more conservative on the polls all year but I think we actually should and will move up 2-3 spots in the CFP this week.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 pm

I'm with you.... We should move up a few spots. I'm curious to see what happens with Iowa St and OKSt, given they lose tonight.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”