Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Rumors

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Re: Rumors

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 pm
Why don’t y’all make your own thread titled Miscellaneous where you can talk about your music, your food, and whatever else? You can go there anytime you have 0 to offer. Y’all turn so many threads into the same crap.
You are missing the point. It makes it more entertaining that we completely derailed Clines “alternate” thread to discuss the same thing that we have been talking about on another thread.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:18 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:18 pm
appstatealum, only idiots still call me Cline. Cline is my deceased father's name. Haven't used Cline since we became I-A...FBS. No offense for me. I just consider the source. Carry on.
It’s habit, I apologize NewApp. Been an avid reader since early 2000s, so that’s how I’ve always known you.
The Appalachian State

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm

appstatealum, I wasn't trying to be redundant. My whole point is/was that other programs' recruiters use these discussions about our possible coaching change against us. ..starting with the fiascoes with Coach Moore, and the discussion every year about Coach Satterfield job searching.

Wasn't redundant..just a different direction. My apologies.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:54 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:28 pm
NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:21 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 pm
I wonder if Cline's email notifications are working yet. If so, I bet he's turned them off for this thread..
Nope, never turned them off. I prefer notifications instead of people showing their arses on a public forum.

Only idiots still call me Cline. As I said above, Cline was my deceased father's name and haven't used it since we became FBS.
Oh.. this entire time I thought it was your friend that went to cow college.. at least, that's what you told everyone...
And you fell for it. LOL LOL
Actually, nobody fell for it. It was clear as day.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:18 pm
NewApp wrote:
appstatealum, only idiots still call me Cline. Cline is my deceased father's name. Haven't used Cline since we became I-A...FBS. No offense for me. I just consider the source. Carry on.
It’s habit, I apologize NewApp. Been an avid reader since early 2000s, so that’s how I’ve always known you.
No problem. Others do it for spite for some reason.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:24 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:23 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:57 pm
I wonder if Cline's email notifications are working yet. If so, I bet he's turned them off for this thread..
Nope, never turned them off. I prefer notifications instead of people showing their arses on a public forum.

Only idiots still call me Cline. As I said above, Cline was my deceased father's name and haven't used it since we became FBS.
Oh.. this entire time I thought it was your friend that went to cow college.. at least, that's what you told everyone...
Actually, nobody fell for it. It was clear as day.
Wrong, sucker.
Google SUX

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:35 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am
MrCraig wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 am

Obviously, this is a subjective argument, but I consider an album great if I can hit play and enjoy every single song without wanting to skip any. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band of all time, but there are some filler tracks on I and II. Whereas "Nevermind" and "Rumours" don't have any songs that I want to skip. I'd add "Joshua Tree" by U2 to that list as well.
How am I supposed to take this seriously? Neither of you listed a Skynyrd album. Try again.
Good call. I knew I was overlooking a few. Obviously Skynyrd is a great band, but the only album I’d put on a “complete” list would be Pronounced “lehnard Skinnerd”. But it is still probably in tier 2. Saying something is a great album goes beyond just having a couple of great songs by a great band. I love Allman Brothers, but I wouldn’t rank any of their albums in my greatest list. I could compile an album full of songs from bands like STP, Allman, Skynyrd, Eagles that would be great, but that’s not what we are doing here..... well, I don’t know what we are doing here anyway.
I’ll beg you to consider these:

Skynyrd: One More From the Road
Working for Mac
I ain’t the one
Searching
Tuesday’s gone
Saturday night special
Travelin man
Whiskey rock-n-roller
Gimme three steps
Call me the breeze
T for texas
The needle and the spoon
Crossroads
Free Bird

Allman Brothers ( best live band ever) Eat A Peach
Ain’t wasting time no more
Les beers in a minor
Melissa
Mountain jam
One way out
Trouble no more
Blue sky
Little Martha
Mountain jam continued
I'd put "Eat a Peach" on my list of great albums. I agree that there are a lot of very, very good bands that don't have a single great album. Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Journey, The Who, *whispers* The Beatles all have more than enough great songs to make a great album or 3, but those songs aren't on one album. Hot Take: I think The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time, but they don't have a single album that doesn't include a filler track or two. BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!!
Agree on the Beatles. I love the Beatles, but Abbey Road is the only one I can intentionally listen to cover to cover and enjoy every song. Sgt Peppers is close to complete, but has a filler song or two, hence it being in tier 2. Sometimes the songs on an album that are great, are so great that they make the whole album a masterpiece. Pink Floyd is not my favorite band of all time, but Dark Side is probably the most complete rock album cover to cover with flawless execution. Even crazier, Wish You Were Here is just as close. What helps is that they are shorter albums and Floyd didn’t include “fluff” or songs that didn’t fit the “feel” of the album. That same theory is why I had to include Radiohead OK Computer in Tier 1.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Well, I don’t say it out of spite.
The Appalachian State

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:28 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:15 pm
appst89 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:02 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Really?
Yes! Really.
As long as you're sure you want to go down that rabbit hole. Just don't complain when someone follows you down it.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 pm

NewApp wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
NewApp wrote:
I don't think anyone does it for spite. They do it because you so vehemently denied for so long that it was you.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 pm

appst89 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 pm
NewApp wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
NewApp wrote:
I don't think anyone does it for spite. They do it because you so vehemently denied for so long that it was you.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't Cline I was using for the cow college fiasco, it was another moniker because I used Cline for many many years prior on both Delphi and Delphi Catamount as well as a Delphi Diabetes forum. Now, if you want to continue down the rabbit hole, feel free. I'm done except as the need arises to defend myself.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Well, I don’t say it out of spite.
I believe you, appstatealum.
Google SUX

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Best tune off the album:

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm

As an avid Fleetwood Mac fan, I would highly recommend the Rumours tribute band out of Atlanta. My wife and I have seen them three times, and we always thoroughly enjoy it.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Even though Lindsey Buckingham is not part of FM now I am such a huge fan of his that if it were physically possible I would have his love child. There I said it.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Lindsey Buckingham is one of the greatest acoustic guitar players ever:

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:51 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm
Even though Lindsey Buckingham is not part of FM now I am such a huge fan of his that if it were physically possible I would have his love child. There I said it.
I am officially disturbed
The Appalachian State

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:54 pm

appst89 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:28 pm
NewApp wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:15 pm
appst89 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:02 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Really?
Yes! Really.
As long as you're sure you want to go down that rabbit hole. Just don't complain when someone follows you down it.

Paging Dr. Gonzo. JCline is making up stuff again. He is off his meds. He's pretending he didn't say things he said again. He's trying to use his own father to make other people feel bad. He needs help defending himself from himself. Can you represent one of his personalities to defend it from the others as he goes through this mental trial?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:02 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:26 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:35 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:00 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am

How am I supposed to take this seriously? Neither of you listed a Skynyrd album. Try again.
Good call. I knew I was overlooking a few. Obviously Skynyrd is a great band, but the only album I’d put on a “complete” list would be Pronounced “lehnard Skinnerd”. But it is still probably in tier 2. Saying something is a great album goes beyond just having a couple of great songs by a great band. I love Allman Brothers, but I wouldn’t rank any of their albums in my greatest list. I could compile an album full of songs from bands like STP, Allman, Skynyrd, Eagles that would be great, but that’s not what we are doing here..... well, I don’t know what we are doing here anyway.
I’ll beg you to consider these:

Skynyrd: One More From the Road
Working for Mac
I ain’t the one
Searching
Tuesday’s gone
Saturday night special
Travelin man
Whiskey rock-n-roller
Gimme three steps
Call me the breeze
T for texas
The needle and the spoon
Crossroads
Free Bird

Allman Brothers ( best live band ever) Eat A Peach
Ain’t wasting time no more
Les beers in a minor
Melissa
Mountain jam
One way out
Trouble no more
Blue sky
Little Martha
Mountain jam continued
I'd put "Eat a Peach" on my list of great albums. I agree that there are a lot of very, very good bands that don't have a single great album. Eagles, Steve Miller Band, Journey, The Who, *whispers* The Beatles all have more than enough great songs to make a great album or 3, but those songs aren't on one album. Hot Take: I think The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time, but they don't have a single album that doesn't include a filler track or two. BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!!
Agree on the Beatles. I love the Beatles, but Abbey Road is the only one I can intentionally listen to cover to cover and enjoy every song. Sgt Peppers is close to complete, but has a filler song or two, hence it being in tier 2. Sometimes the songs on an album that are great, are so great that they make the whole album a masterpiece. Pink Floyd is not my favorite band of all time, but Dark Side is probably the most complete rock album cover to cover with flawless execution. Even crazier, Wish You Were Here is just as close. What helps is that they are shorter albums and Floyd didn’t include “fluff” or songs that didn’t fit the “feel” of the album. That same theory is why I had to include Radiohead OK Computer in Tier 1.
I can't listen to a lot of Beatles anymore. Same with Nirvana, Skynard, and Zepplin at this point. They were/are so overplayed even though I still like them I'm burned out.

I'll throw in a couple of more modern albums with Whiskeytown's album Strangers Almanac and Beck's Odelay although Loser is very overplayed from Mellow Gold.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:10 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:51 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm
I am officially disturbed
Imagine what my wife thinks about this.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”