Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Belk Bowl?

MDaniels84
School: Appalachian State

Re: Belk Bowl?

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:00 pm
Have y'all seen the ticket prices for Belk Bowl. Anything in the lower bowl starts at $130, upper 500 level $63.
By not having to drive to New Orleans, my gas $ would cover the ticket.

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:33 pm

MDaniels84 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:18 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Have y'all seen the ticket prices for Belk Bowl. Anything in the lower bowl starts at $130, upper 500 level $63.
By not having to drive to New Orleans, my gas $ would cover the ticket.

The cheapest flight to NOLA from Charlotte is in the $350 range.

I can pay $4 round trip to get to BoA from my house.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Unfortunately, Belk Bowl won't happen due to contracts. We should be playing UNC or VT or someone like that in the game. It would be a sellout and make the game so much better. Many folks would watch. It just makes too much sense to adjust and make happen if we beat ULL and are 2nd or 3rd in CFP among G5. If that happened and we were 13-1 with a win there then we would probably finish around 15-16 in the final polls. Would be amazing to see. Too bad it is just a dream. I'm worried about ULL now. They could beat us. We have to play our A game.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 am

I have absolutely no interest in playing UNC again. If we do defeat UL and win the SBC title, all this lamenting about missing out on the Bell Bowl sure is a great selling point for the NO Bowl. Given the location, the Belk Bowl would just be another game, albeit a big one, but would not feel like the bowl experience.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 am

huskie3 wrote:
They've gotta get that $4+ mil payout from somewhere! I don't think our fanbase would balk if it happened (and I don't think it will and I'd prefer NOLA from a PURELY personal standpoint), especially considering the savings most could/would "make" from not having to really travel, less, if any, hotel nights, fewer meals, etc.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:24 am

Not spending 24 hours in the car or over $1k in flights, not having my kids see a drunk/high guy in a dirty Santa suit flipping everyone off, not seeing panhandlers hit on all the tourists?
How could I possibly not want to take the family back to NO?

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:59 am

AppBox wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:24 am
Not spending 24 hours in the car or over $1k in flights, not having my kids see a drunk/high guy in a dirty Santa suit flipping everyone off, not seeing panhandlers hit on all the tourists?
Ha! To each his own...but I'll take NOLA over almost any other major American city any day of the week. And I've been to most of them. Again, not saying I wouldn't love to see us in the Belk Bowl, but it would be for purely financial reasons (the payout) and nothing else. If someone were to choose Charlotte over New Orleans for a fun weekend, then they must be a banker/accountant/or the like. I'm not that good at math but I do love to find any excuse to live a little and break the rut so I'll take the Quarter (or Marigny or Bywater or the LGD) and laissez les bon temps rouler! :D

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 am

I wonder how much App goes into the hole to play in New Orleans? Flights, hotels and meals for several days? Do we end up eating part of the ticket allotment? I mentioned earlier that for the players a trip south to a cool city (all of the trash aside) beats a bus ride to Charlotte.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:45 am

hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 am
I have absolutely no interest in playing UNC again. If we do defeat UL and win the SBC title, all this lamenting about missing out on the Bell Bowl sure is a great selling point for the NO Bowl. Given the location, the Belk Bowl would just be another game, albeit a big one, but would not feel like the bowl experience.
That makes absolutely no sense. A sellout game against a p5 school is not the bowl experience? Too bad app isn’t going to the Bahamas bowl against liberty. Imagine the experience you could have....

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:49 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:59 am
AppBox wrote:
Ha! To each his own...but I'll take NOLA over almost any other major American city any day of the week. And I've been to most of them. Again, not saying I wouldn't love to see us in the Belk Bowl, but it would be for purely financial reasons (the payout) and nothing else. If someone were to choose Charlotte over New Orleans for a fun weekend, then they must be a banker/accountant/or the like. I'm not that good at math but I do love to find any excuse to live a little and break the rut so I'll take the Quarter (or Marigny or Bywater or the LGD) and laissez les bon temps rouler! :D
[/quot

I reckon it comes down to how much debauchery you want to get into as a middle aged man. Once you are drunk which I assume is what most of the fans will be, really how much different are the bars at that point?

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:07 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:49 am
I reckon it comes down to how much debauchery you want to get into as a middle aged man. Once you are drunk which I assume is what most of the fans will be, really how much different are the bars at that point?
Don’t exclude the ladies. The Friday we rolled into town we drove into the French Quarter and there was a 55+ year old woman proudly wearing her App gear already puking in the street at 2pm.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:33 am

Why does everyone assume the Belk Bowl would be a sellout? It would probably be a good crowd if we played UNC, but I doubt their fans would be super-hyped to play us again.

Depending on the opponent (say, the Pitt matchup that clueless ESPN guy guessed), the stadium might be half full.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:33 am
Why does everyone assume the Belk Bowl would be a sellout? It would probably be a good crowd if we played UNC, but I doubt their fans would be super-hyped to play us again.

Depending on the opponent (say, the Pitt matchup that clueless ESPN guy guessed), the stadium might be half full.
Yea, let's sell out our own home stadium for a conference championship game before we start talking about selling out a stadium 4x our size.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 am

AppBox wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:07 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Don’t exclude the ladies. The Friday we rolled into town we drove into the French Quarter and there was a 55+ year old woman proudly wearing her App gear already puking in the street at 2pm.
Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.

TevieridesASU

Unread post by TevieridesASU » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:37 am

Just wishing as I understand the reports on locked in contracts between Sunbelt and NO Bowl. But ... should and our Mountaineers win ... Sunbelt negotiates a release from NO Bowl for champ to play in exchange for a local regional Cajun team ... huge local team. Release Mountaineers to Belk, huge local regional game. Every entity wins! Seems could be a Sunbelt win, a Mountaineer win, and a Ragin Cagun win! Just wishing, thinking of the possibilities where all gain tremendously. Okay ... unfortunately, returning to reality.

TevieridesASU

Unread post by TevieridesASU » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:41 am

Whoops ... two more wins ... Belk and NO Bowls too may be winners!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:51 am

TevieridesASU wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:41 am
Whoops ... two more wins ... Belk and NO Bowls too may be winners!
If we don't have our act together Saturday it could be The Camellia Bowl!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:45 am
hapapp wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:45 am
That makes absolutely no sense. A sellout game against a p5 school is not the bowl experience? Too bad app isn’t going to the Bahamas bowl against liberty. Imagine the experience you could have....
The bowl experience is more than just the game, especially for the players. If we played in the Belk Bowl I would definitely be there and can't say the same about NO, but if the opponent were UNC, I wouldn't be that stoked for that match up. And, there is no way its a sellout.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:59 am
AppBox wrote:
You sound like my kind of guy. If App wins Saturday, hit me up and first round's on me at the Drinkery or thereabouts in a couple weeks.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Well, I'll plead guilty to a little middle-aged debauchery last year. I would say that, for anyone who's enjoyed an evening in the Quarter, they're unlikely to confuse it with an evening in Uptown Charlotte (or probably anywhere else).

But it's not just the booze. It's the food, the music, the street art, the culture, Jackson Square... it's just unique. May not be for everyone, but there's a reason many people love it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”