Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drink Interviews Update

hotrod2001
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drink Interviews Update

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:58 am

bettysburner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 am
“N511HS is enroute from North Wilkesboro to Columbia MO. Interesting route to NC (via Evansville, IN). Was on ground from 4:40 PM to 10 PM.“

Posted on Arkansas message board. Mizzou could be in the mix.
https://www.radarbox24.com/data/airports/KUKF you can track flights here as well as other flights those aircraft take.

Mizzou's AD is apparently under a lot of pressure to hire a well-known name like a Willie Fritz. Not sure Drink fits that mold.

FWIW, that airplane was in Savannah a few days ago, maybe they chatted with GaSo too? Or it could be just some poultry execs checking out.

And speaking of which, keep in mind that Tyson is also based out of Springdale, Arkansas..which is literally ten miles away from Fayetteville so it's not a far-fetched idea to think if there has been any flights in and out of North Wilkesboro from that neck of the woods it could be Tyson business.

/My uncle was in the meat packing business for 30+ years and was always making trips and flights through these areas.

bettysburner

Unread post by bettysburner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:58 am
bettysburner wrote:
“N511HS is enroute from North Wilkesboro to Columbia MO. Interesting route to NC (via Evansville, IN). Was on ground from 4:40 PM to 10 PM.“

https://www.radarbox24.com/data/airports/KUKF you can track flights here as well as other flights those aircraft take.

Mizzou's AD is apparently under a lot of pressure to hire a well-known name like a Willie Fritz. Not sure Drink fits that mold.

FWIW, that airplane was in Savannah a few days ago, maybe they chatted with GaSo too? Or it could be just some poultry execs checking out.

And speaking of which, keep in mind that Tyson is also based out of Springdale, Arkansas..which is literally ten miles away from Fayetteville so it's not a far-fetched idea to think if there has been any flights in and out of North Wilkesboro from that neck of the woods it could be Tyson business.

/My uncle was in the meat packing business for 30+ years and was always making trips and flights through these areas.
It very well could be outside business, no argument there. Just sharing an interesting factoid I came across while surfing the World Wide Web for news about our boy.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:46 am

BLACK SATURDAY

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 am

bettysburner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
bettysburner wrote:

It very well could be outside business, no argument there. Just sharing an interesting factoid I came across while surfing the World Wide Web for news about our boy.
The planes in and out of Fayetteville/Springdale AR are probably all Wal-Mart business.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:09 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 am
bettysburner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:50 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
bettysburner wrote:

The planes in and out of Fayetteville/Springdale AR are probably all Wal-Mart business.
Yeah but if there are flights going out of there to Wilkesboro, that's probably Tyson-related seeing they have a major processing plant there and agriculture makes up like 25% of that place's economy. Walmart would be going everywhere I'd think. Not splitting hairs, just trying to find other reasons why planes from the Fayetteville region would be going to Wilkesboro besides stealing our coach.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 am

If I ever get wealthy beyond my wildest dreams, like that guy who goes to big sporting events and wears the orange Marlins jersey, this time of year imma take my private jet and fly between every G5 town and SEC airport just to screw with people.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

bettysburner

Unread post by bettysburner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:58 am

I have thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the Arkansas fan base implode. Complete desperation mode in Fayetteville right now.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:43 pm

bettysburner wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:58 am
I have thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the Arkansas fan base implode. Complete desperation mode in Fayetteville right now.
There is always an SEC or B1G bottom-dwelling fanbase freaking out this time of year due to their over-inflated sense of self-importance and refusal to accept that fact that every coach in the country isn't beating their door down to come to a dumpster fire of a program just because their school was lucky to get locked into playing in the big boy club back in the 50s.

And it is always funny.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:50 pm

Seeing a lot of smoke up in Boone this morning from some reliable sources. Not sure what it's all about, but I'll post in the Lodge if I get some details.
The Appalachian State

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:54 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:50 pm
Seeing a lot of smoke up in Boone this morning from some reliable sources. Not sure what it's all about, but I'll post in the Lodge if I get some details.
If there are, indeed, discussions taking place about possibly putting App into another bowl, I would think Drink leaving would have a negative impact on those discussions.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:55 pm

appstatealum wrote:
It was a cold night. I’m thinking a lot of folks had fires going. :lol:
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 pm

appstatealum wrote:
What kind of smoke?

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 pm

appstatealum wrote:
This is the wrong thread for you to have knowledge on. It’s supposed to be the Belk Bowl thread. This isn’t good!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 pm

hotrod2001 wrote:
bettysburner wrote:

My only question is why take Mizzou or Arkansas if you're Drink? Sure, the desire to make money usually trumps all else, but you could bet on yourself to have another year like this one, add a Wisconsin scalp to your wall, and have a better situation open up. I'd think NC State would be far more ideal than Missouri or Arkansas. Missouri doesn't have the cash to truly compete in the SEC and Arkansas is in the SEC West.

I personally would rather live in Raleigh rather than Fayatteville or Columbia.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:16 pm

It makes no sense really, but that is the current state of college football coaching. My gut tells me Drink is gone.

appfan22

Unread post by appfan22 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:25 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
bettysburner wrote:

My only question is why take Mizzou or Arkansas if you're Drink? Sure, the desire to make money usually trumps all else, but you could bet on yourself to have another year like this one, add a Wisconsin scalp to your wall, and have a better situation open up. I'd think NC State would be far more ideal than Missouri or Arkansas. Missouri doesn't have the cash to truly compete in the SEC and Arkansas is in the SEC West.

Have you ever set foot in Fayetteville*? It’s one of the cooler college towns in the country. Wal Mart money flows through, it’s a great town to raise a family, the surrounding landscape is much like Boone, and people live and breathe Razorback Athletics. Not to mention it’s an hour from where Drink grew up so the familiarity is clearly there.

Raleigh has at minimum 5 universities that it’s population is split between. The Top Hog in the state of Arkansas might have more influence than the governor himself.

Only reason I’d be hesitant would be the gauntlet of the SEC West and the excruciatingly high expectations Razorbacks set on their coach. But, the greatest rewards come with the highest risks.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:30 pm

appfan22 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:25 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 pm
hotrod2001 wrote:
bettysburner wrote:

Have you ever set foot in Fayetteville*? It’s one of the cooler college towns in the country. Wal Mart money flows through, it’s a great town to raise a family, the surrounding landscape is much like Boone, and people live and breathe Razorback Athletics. Not to mention it’s an hour from where Drink grew up so the familiarity is clearly there.

Raleigh has at minimum 5 universities that it’s population is split between. The Top Hog in the state of Arkansas might have more influence than the governor himself.

Only reason I’d be hesitant would be the gauntlet of the SEC West and the excruciatingly high expectations Razorbacks set on their coach. But, the greatest rewards come with the highest risks.
Hence why I used the world "personally". I can't be landlocked and if I was making $4 mm annually, I'd likely have a beachfront property on OBX or Wrightsville, along with a boat.

And then you get the competitive balance in the SEC. Could Arkansas climb back? Sure. But you have Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Texas A&M to contend with.

ggasu

Unread post by ggasu » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:37 pm

We need to continue to raise the buyout....1.7 is Drink’s buyout ...salary was around 900 with incentives

we keep posting 12-1 type years could actually make money on the head coaching position 😂

Yeah IMO no way he is staying here with offers from Mizzou and Arkansas

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 pm

ggasu wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:37 pm
We need to continue to raise the buyout....1.7 is Drink’s buyout ...salary was around 900 with incentives

we keep posting 12-1 type years could actually make money on the head coaching position 😂

No one knows if Drink has offers yet. I'm surprised to hear so little on Napier, honestly. With the state of the Arkansas program, I figured he would be a better fit.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:48 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:42 pm
ggasu wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:37 pm

No one knows if Drink has offers yet. I'm surprised to hear so little on Napier, honestly. With the state of the Arkansas program, I figured he would be a better fit.
Is the Furman job open?
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”