Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drink Interviews Update

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drink Interviews Update

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:08 pm

asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:06 pm
Gotta make Clark coach so Drink doesn’t take him.
Yup. This is crucial to retain him.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm not happy about being used, but I really don't have any ill will toward Drink. We knew what we were getting when we hired him. We rolled the dice and lost. It's much more important that we get someone to continue the culture now.

mgsouth

Unread post by mgsouth » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Well, I got some ill will toward him. I am flat pissed! Just can't help it. That man came in here and flat lied to our university, our players and our fans. When hired he stated, this was not a "stepping stone job." for him. Well when you leave after one year it was just that. He said yesterday after the game, he was happy in boone and something like he was in no hurry to leave. Well, the first bigger payday he gets offered and he bolts. The man is a liar. He has totally taken advantage of ASU and used it and these players solely for his own personal advancement. He did nothing for the betterment of our university. He simply took the Ferarri that Satt worked hard to build and drove it to a bigger gig for himself. He asked the players to buy into him but he never really bought into them. I don't believe he ever had any intention of making any kind of real commitment to APP despite all his sliver tongued talk in the past. He is probably not done trying to do damage yet. Next up will be trying to take all the staff he can and probably even flip any recruits or maybe even current players he thinks can use. Satt have us 6 solid years. He didn't owe us a thing more. I will always pull for him. But Drink? No way. Every Saturday I will hope to see him put one in the L column. I hope he gets fired in less than 3 years and never sniffs another HC gig. On a side note our AD needs to learn from this and work hard to prevent it from happening again. We need contracts that are structured in such a way as to make it VERY hard for a good coach to leave in less than 3 years.

PhillyApp

Unread post by PhillyApp » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Clark to HC, Gas to D coordinator, and Riley to O coordinator. Make it happen DG!!!!
Clark for Prez 2024 💪🏼

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 pm

Hope the door doesn't hit him in the ass on the way out. People have to look out for their own interests but we deserved more than a single season. Even in the coaching business, I have to believe that skipping out so soon has consequences.

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:51 pm

mgsouth wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:38 pm
Well, I got some ill will toward him. I am flat pissed! Just can't help it. That man came in here and flat lied to our university, our players and our fans. When hired he stated, this was not a "stepping stone job." for him. Well when you leave after one year it was just that. He said yesterday after the game, he was happy in boone and something like he was in no hurry to leave. Well, the first bigger payday he gets offered and he bolts. The man is a liar. He has totally taken advantage of ASU and used it and these players solely for his own personal advancement. He did nothing for the betterment of our university. He simply took the Ferarri that Satt worked hard to build and drove it to a bigger gig for himself. He asked the players to buy into him but he never really bought into them. I don't believe he ever had any intention of making any kind of real commitment to APP despite all his sliver tongued talk in the past. He is probably not done trying to do damage yet. Next up will be trying to take all the staff he can and probably even flip any recruits or maybe even current players he thinks can use. Satt have us 6 solid years. He didn't owe us a thing more. I will always pull for him. But Drink? No way. Every Saturday I will hope to see him put one in the L column. I hope he gets fired in less than 3 years and never sniffs another HC gig. On a side note our AD needs to learn from this and work hard to prevent it from happening again. We need contracts that are structured in such a way as to make it VERY hard for a good coach to leave in less than 3 years.
Hate the man all you want, but due to his buyout, we essentially just had a coach pay us to coach for a year and he took our program to new heights. Credit DG for ensuring we are given our dues. In reality, we are in the same position we were in 12 months ago so we shouldn’t be upset about that. I’d hire Drink again and given the success of our season, I’m betting most of you would too.

Let’s go find us another head ball coach.

appfan1991

Unread post by appfan1991 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Do hope he knows how to recruit - and based on the train wreck at NC State this year he could have some of responsibility for that - so maybe we're blessed that he's heading out! I was kind of worried when Cam Newton was considered one of his development projects.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm

asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:06 pm
Gotta make Clark coach so Drink doesn’t take him.
I wouldn't worry about that.....
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:57 pm

asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:46 pm
Oh my now the miner fans are chiming in.
If one talks too loud, just tell them to quite down, the Adults are talking. They can go back to their high school pep rallies while we talk about top 20 finishes and having the SEC wanting a taste of what we got.
The Appalachian State

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Lots of noise on Twitter from players and former players pushing for Coach Clark.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

Chaz

Unread post by Chaz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of gazelles. Charlotte is still a joke in most every way. It’s not like Healy wouldn’t leave that place in a heartbeat with a respectable offer.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:39 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:00 pm
Lots of noise on Twitter from players and former players pushing for Coach Clark.
Big time talk about it going on since before the announcement was even made about Drink.
The Appalachian State

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 pm

PhillyApp wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm
Clark to HC, Gas to D coordinator, and Riley to O coordinator. Make it happen DG!!!!
I really think retaining Clark, Gas, Smith, Watts, and Riley should be of utmost importance. Ruffin was able to keep Lincoln at ECU for 4 years and they really built that program up from the depths (leading NC State 42-7 in a game, defeating Russell Wilson led NC State, dropping 70 points on UNC). Assuming Garret is 70% of his brother, you have an alumnus as a head coach, and some young up and comers on defense. I'd also like to believe Roof sticking around would be ideal to help foster Smith/Gas.

Wonder what the odds of Harbison sticking around are? Being from Shelby, I'd assume he's tired of moving around as well.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 pm

Chaz wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:08 pm
Lions don’t concern themselves with the opinions of gazelles. Charlotte is still a joke in most every way. It’s not like Healy wouldn’t leave that place in a heartbeat with a respectable offer.
Healy will be gone sooner rather than later. His name is getting around coaching circles pretty quickly.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 pm

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:46 pm
PhillyApp wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:42 pm
I really think retaining Clark, Gas, Smith, Watts, and Riley should be of utmost importance. Ruffin was able to keep Lincoln at ECU for 4 years and they really built that program up from the depths (leading NC State 42-7 in a game, defeating Russell Wilson led NC State, dropping 70 points on UNC). Assuming Garret is 70% of his brother, you have an alumnus as a head coach, and some young up and comers on defense. I'd also like to believe Roof sticking around would be ideal to help foster Smith/Gas.

Wonder what the odds of Harbison sticking around are? Being from Shelby, I'd assume he's tired of moving around as well.
I will be highly surprised if any of the staff that drink brought from outside stays (except Lance ware).
Link, Harbison , Riley, Stewart,roof, Washington, will most likely go with him. I don’t think many of them would have survived the winters anyway.

Interesting question, where does Ted Roof’s son go now? Transfer to Missouri, stay here? Will he have to sit another year?

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 pm

I don’t care where the roof goes. If his son wants to be here so be it. If he is good enough to be here then so be it. I just want Gas to be our DC.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 am

asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 pm
I don’t care where the roof goes. If his son wants to be here so be it. If he is good enough to be here then so be it. I just want Gas to be our DC.
Hope Coach Roof stays! Smith and Gas can learn a lot from him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cheese stay as well.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:02 am

JMappfan5 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 am
asu7 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:32 pm
Hope Coach Roof stays! Smith and Gas can learn a lot from him. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cheese stay as well.
Would personally like to see roof hired and blasted at mizzou.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 am

I at least found this funny:

YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”