Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drinkwitz letter in WSJ

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Drinkwitz letter in WSJ

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:14 am

Saw it on Facebook, most comments are kind of move along, nothing to see here. Not sure if it has been posted here yet or not.

appbio91

Re: Drinkwitz letter in WSJ

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:23 am

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:24 am

Class move by Eli. Hopefully somebody from the Yosef Club reaches out gets him to commit to an endowed scholarship. After all, the opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity. :D

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 am

It only took him a week to get something out. We've got our coach and a bowl game to worry about.

Give my regards to Beetle Bailey.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am

I'm glad to see that he paid to purchase an ad in the WSJ rather than just making the same post on his Twitter or other Social Media accounts and just leaving paid print alone. I'm sure the Journal appreciates any unexpected ad buys this time of year.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:49 am

Nice of him to post a thank you letter; he didnt have to do that. Though none of us are happy he's leaving after one season non of us should blame someone for taking the deal he received from Missou. I wish him good luck, he's likely to need it in that environment. Thanks for the short but exciting ride coach!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:54 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am
I'm glad to see that he paid to purchase an ad in the WSJ rather than just making the same post on his Twitter or other Social Media accounts and just leaving paid print alone. I'm sure the Journal appreciates any unexpected ad buys this time of year.
Ethan is carried extensively in the Greensboro paper so helping out the WSJ helps the App coverage by the WSJ which helps out App. I assume the other BH Media papers in the state also carry Ethan for at least some of his App articles.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:09 am

Nice move, and well written. Never too late to do the right thing.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:20 am

Classy move.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:25 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 am
It only took him a week to get something out. We've got our coach and a bowl game to worry about.

I think that's a bit harsh. I get the saltiness, but in reality im sure this was a pretty busy week, what with the new job, recruiting and all. As well these ads are turned around in a day. I give him credit here, pretty stand up thing to do. Its time to just thank him and move on.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:34 am

AppRolls wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:24 am
Class move by Eli. Hopefully somebody from the Yosef Club reaches out gets him to commit to an endowed scholarship. After all, the opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity. :D
It is a very nice thought. I really believed he needed to do something like that or at least something that would be posted on AppStateSports.com. Without App State he does not get this Missouri job and I think it is a good way to show that he realizes that. There are some big time positives and negatives to him. The potential is there for him though. He is not as aggressive offensively as I hoped for and I wish he was easier to get along with but he put together a great staff and I think he did a very good job recruiting. He smartly brought in a big time special teams coach which I think was the difference in a few games for us.

I do wish him luck there. I think he will need it. Not even a fault of his own I think it will be tough for him to win there like they think he will. I have seen others point out their schedule is not very brutal for the SEC at all. They don't play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, or A&M and they have Georgia at home. They could 7-8 games in year one.

Good luck, Drink. Appreciate what you did. No reason for us to be salty at him because we all would have done what he did. I think he could have waited a year and gotten a better offer if he had taken us to a NY6 but the timing of this helps because the last thing we need next year is a coaching change. Our 2021 class should be about 25 players. We will need continuity for sure. I rather him get this shot now than in 12 months from now for sure.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:39 am

It's a classy move and I appreciate it.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:59 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:09 am
Nice move, and well written. Never too late to do the right thing.
I hope he does the same thing in tomorrow's WATAUGA DEMOCRAT! Their are scores of High Country people who treated Eli and his family like royalty--essentially answering his/their every "beck and call" in a neighborly way or in their capacities as employees of the university. They need a separate "Thank you" from him. If he does, I'll be at peace with him. If not, I'll continue to mumble quietly about him under my breath until after Sat.night. I need to see an App rout of UAB with #SClark2020 at the helm. Then, I'll be OK.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Look folks, I honestly don't think Drink is a bad guy, but he has a lot of "character flaws" that reared their head a few times this year (behind the scenes) and then here in his final hours. Just like he did here, he has shown some self awareness this year and done things to make amends. It is what it is.... Everything he said when he took a job was just "coach speak" and he and Sexton used us to get Drink ready for another job (that I'm sure Sexton knew would be coming). Let's quit trying to put him on a pedastal and just say he did a good job keeping the momentum and move on. He did the right thing with this ad, whether it was just for show or not. After the vitriol he received this week, he really didn't have to and things would've moved forward regardless. The Clark Era has begun, and as far as I'm concerned, he has Sandpapered any reminence of the "stepping stone Era".

I love some of the comments trying to say "classy move", every couple of posts. We get it, some people want to look at it in a more positive way, some people would rather see it for what it was. For all of those people, go watch Clark's presser, that is the type of emotion that you have when you bleed Black and Gold and give your all for App. App Football is just the tangible thing for me to attach to to show my love for my Alma mater. App is where I got my two business degrees that have helped me get the great job I have, App is where I met my wife, App is where I've met over half of my friends, App is where my family goes 6-7 Saturdays per year to spend time together and with friends. I give my all for Appalachian because Appalachian gave alot to me.

#SPTA #BOB #TIGMA. GO APP!
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:12 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:01 pm
Look folks, I honestly don't think Drink is a bad guy, but he has a lot of "character flaws" that reared their head a few times this year (behind the scenes) and then here in his final hours. Just like he did here, he has shown some self awareness this year and done things to make amends. It is what it is.... Everything he said when he took a job was just "coach speak" and he and Sexton used us to get Drink ready for another job (that I'm sure Sexton knew would be coming). Let's quit trying to put him on a pedastal and just say he did a good job keeping the momentum and move on. He did the right thing with this ad, whether it was just for show or not. After the vitriol he received this week, he really didn't have to and things would've moved forward regardless. The Clark Era has begun, and as far as I'm concerned, he has Sandpapered any reminence of the "stepping stone Era".

I love some of the comments trying to say "classy move", every couple of posts. We get it, some people want to look at it in a more positive way, some people would rather see it for what it was. For all of those people, go watch Clark's presser, that is the type of emotion that you have when you bleed Black and Gold and give your all for App. App Football is just the tangible thing for me to attach to to show my love for my Alma mater. App is where I got my two business degrees that have helped me get the great job I have, App is where I met my wife, App is where I've met over half of my friends, App is where my family goes 6-7 Saturdays per year to spend time together and with friends. I give my all for Appalachian because Appalachian gave alot to me.

#SPTA #BOB #TIGMA. GO APP!
Agreed here. I don't get the saltiness from some of our alums. Drink definitely did the right thing but no reason to gloat over this. I thank him and wish him well.

The emotion of Clark is what you want when someone truly gets a job they covet. We were a means to an end for drink but we are the end for Clark in his mind now. He wants this badly and I have no doubt he will give 1000% effort for it. I expect Clark to be here for a long time.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Good luck winning the SunBelt East!

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:43 pm

App91 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:25 am
hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:25 am

I think that's a bit harsh. I get the saltiness, but in reality im sure this was a pretty busy week, what with the new job, recruiting and all. As well these ads are turned around in a day. I give him credit here, pretty stand up thing to do. Its time to just thank him and move on.
We know he was to busy to write a new speech for his presser.... can’t we just put a bow on his time here and be done with it? It seems disengenuous to me that doesn’t matter. Onward and upward.

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:01 pm

Good luck Coach! We all know most of these fools would be ready to put a for sale sign in your yard had we gone 1-12.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:12 pm

This would have meant more to me if it had been said at his press conference. Not a word of thanks to App that day. He probably realized it and saw that looked like a d-bag move and hence this ad.
Herein lies Drinks personality. A little cocky and arrogant that doesn’t jive with his awww shucks, good ole boy act.
I think this ad in the Watauga Democrat would have meant a little more too.
Like a lot of thing with his tenure, this act looks good on paper, much like his catch phrases, but missed the mark with its execution

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:18 pm

NoLongerLurking wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:01 pm
Good luck Coach! We all know most of these fools would be ready to put a for sale sign in your yard had we gone 1-12.
Let me ask this. With the talent we have would you accept 1-12? Only an inept coach would have gone 7-5 with our current roster. It would have taken an absolute moron to go 1-12. I would say most on this board could have been head coach and won 3-4 games with this roster.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”