Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Military Bowl

ah59396
School: Appalachian State

Military Bowl

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Temple losing 20-6 to the Holes at the half.

Gotta be honest, I’m cheering for Cheat here. Many AAC fans are so convinced we couldn’t compete in their conference. Watching one of their better teams get their doors blown off by a P5 team we handled in Chapel Hill would be a nice look for us.
YNWA

WataugaMan

Re: Military Bowl

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Agreed

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm

Haha, I am with you on this one. I am rooting for everyone that plays an AAC team. Those AAC fans are delusional and actually believe their commissioner's hype about being a P6 and they look down on the rest of the G5. I still contend we would handily beat everyone in the AAC except Memphis but we would still beat them, it would just be closer. Their entire conference was propped up by UCF to start the year and when Cincy beat UCF they became the "team to beat" even though they really weren't that good. The perception was that they beat a really good UCF team so they must be good but the truth was that UCF was a 3 loss team that wasn't nearly what everyone thought they were. I have watched several AAC teams play this year and I haven't been impressed by any of them with the exception of Memphis. If we were in the AAC, we would still have been conference champs this year.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:47 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:10 pm
Haha, I am with you on this one. I am rooting for everyone that plays an AAC team. Those AAC fans are delusional and actually believe their commissioner's hype about being a P6 and they look down on the rest of the G5. I still contend we would handily beat everyone in the AAC except Memphis but we would still beat them, it would just be closer. Their entire conference was propped up by UCF to start the year and when Cincy beat UCF they became the "team to beat" even though they really weren't that good. The perception was that they beat a really good UCF team so they must be good but the truth was that UCF was a 3 loss team that wasn't nearly what everyone thought they were. I have watched several AAC teams play this year and I haven't been impressed by any of them with the exception of Memphis. If we were in the AAC, we would still have been conference champs this year.
The AAC commissioner did a fabulous job of selling snake oil to the playoff committee. As much money that was at stake, I wonder where our SBC commissioner was?
BLACK SATURDAY

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:39 pm

Just had a UNC cheat fan text me “We run the state.” After I laughed at him for 5 solid minutes, I reminded him they not only lost to us but Wake as well. Both games required a furious comeback to even make it close. I also told him good teams don’t hang their hat on beating a god-awful NCSU And a terrible Dook team.

My question is, is short term memory loss a class that is offered for those that actually go to class at UNC cheat??

Got my laugh for the day. Congrats on the win over the perennial powerhouse Temple Owls...hahaha

GO APPS!!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:50 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:39 pm
Just had a UNC cheat fan text me “We run the state.” After I laughed at him for 5 solid minutes, I reminded him they not only lost to us but Wake as well. Both games required a furious comeback to even make it close. I also told him good teams don’t hang their hat on beating a god-awful NCSU And a terrible Dook team.

My question is, is short term memory loss a class that is offered for those that actually go to class at UNC cheat??

Got my laugh for the day. Congrats on the win over the perennial powerhouse Temple Owls...hahaha

GO APPS!!
Yep, the tar holes will be thumping their chest over this one. They can’t be bothered with an odd ball loss to little ole App. State. It’s on to the National title next year. So predictable.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:59 pm

Because Temple is a basketball school

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”