Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Panthers Hire Baylor’s Matt Rhule

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Panthers Hire Baylor’s Matt Rhule

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:57 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm
The trenches is where all Superbowls are won and lost. If you can protect your quarterback and disrupt the opponent's QB, you can win. It's that simple.
Agreed. That's why guys like Trent Dilfer, Joe Flacco, etc. were able to win Super Bowls. I never thought Eli Manning was elite but he won two because of great OL/DL play. Peyton Manning never had a great OL in Indy but he had a good defense and great skill guys. I believe Newton can win a Super Bowl but not with the current roster. They need to upgrade the GM and improve in the draft for sure.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm

I’m usually for best available but if we don’t get a first round OT in this draft I’ll be pretty disappointed. Moton is working his way to be a top tier OT on the right side and now we have to find someone to pair him with on the left. I am still holding out hope that Little/Daley can become that guy on the left.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:00 pm
I’m usually for best available but if we don’t get a first round OT in this draft I’ll be pretty disappointed. Moton is working his way to be a top tier OT on the right side and now we have to find someone to pair him with on the left. I am still holding out hope that Little/Daley can become that guy on the left.
I'm not sure an OL at 7 is the best value, especially if Thomas from UGA is gone by then. Personally I would love to see a line of Little/Daley/Paradis/Turner/Moton. The right side would be awesome and the left side has the potential. I like Little on the outside because of his foot work but he still has some growing to do. Daley was quite the find given his versatility along the line. For me the only way to get those two young guys consistent reps is to have Little at tackle and Daley at guard. Now I would love to see the team invest in a young center probably mid draft, Paradis got manhandled far too often this past season. Some competition at center could do the position some good. Overall I think the OL is actually trending in the right direction for the first time in what feels like forever.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:37 am

If the No. 7 pick is looking like a safety, OL or edge rusher, the Panthers should take them. Otherwise, they should look into trading down and pick up at least an extra top three rounds pick in that same draft (plus future picks).

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:36 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm
The trenches is where all Superbowls are won and lost. If you can protect your quarterback and disrupt the opponent's QB, you can win. It's that simple.
Thought this topic needed a bump with the Newton release. It was pretty well known around the NFL that this was going to happen. They were waiting on him to pass a physical and were not as high on him as the fans are. Newton has to stay healthy and he has not been able to. Maybe a change of scenery will help.

Your point is also why the LT and DE are usually the highest paid players. You have to keep your QB on his feet and put the opposing QB on his back.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Yeah, I am a "Cam guy" as I have been following him since college. I dont mind the Panthers releasing him, but the execution of it was in poor taste. I like some of the FA pickups as well, like Robby Anderson and Tahir Whitehead.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”