Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NEZ work today

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 pm
JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:17 pm
I still think tickets for the hill should only be an option once the seating is full.
An unintended consequence will be people buying regular seats and choosing to sit on the hill thus making the seats look worse.

I get what you're trying to do, but that policy won't change human behavior, there are fans that choose to sit on the hill out of preference.
I wonder how many people buy hill tickets just to save $10, or think they can't buy in the other sections that show a YC donation as being required?
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm

I have only been to one App game when I did not see plenty of good seats for sale in the parking lot. That game was Gardner Webb in 2007. From what I saw this year we have some momentum with the current crop of students. They know nothing but the belt and nothing but winning. I really think the way to build attendance is to find a way to keep these students coming back to games after graduation. Discounted season tickets, a smart social media campaign, staying in touch with them after graduation, whatever it takes. This was the first year since we made the FBS move that I saw a really engaged student section. I also think we need to see if we can form some type of a student fan club and try to do some stuff like Texas A&M does. Get these students feeling like they are a real part of the game.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm
I have only been to one App game when I did not see plenty of good seats for sale in the parking lot. That game was Gardner Webb in 2007. From what I saw this year we have some momentum with the current crop of students. They know nothing but the belt and nothing but winning. I really think the way to build attendance is to find a way to keep these students coming back to games after graduation. Discounted season tickets, a smart social media campaign, staying in touch with them after graduation, whatever it takes. This was the first year since we made the FBS move that I saw a really engaged student section. I also think we need to see if we can form some type of a student fan club and try to do some stuff like Texas A&M does. Get these students feeling like they are a real part of the game.
They do have the young alumni package, pretty good deal. Taken advantage of a few years since graduating.

But yes, I agree they need a "midnight yell" kinda thing.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:02 pm
Regarding App students of today, I had a great exchange this past weekend with a current nursing student who was working as a hostess at a restaurant we frequent. She noticed my App gear and struck up a conversation. She asked if i had been back on campus lately to see all of the changes happening and, of course, I mentioned about being a season ticket holder for football and tailgating for the games. I asked if she went to the games and she smiled and said she did, and that she loved it, and was really looking forward to graduating and then coming back up for games...it put a smile on my face to realize that, at least some of the younger generation, "gets" App State football and wants to be a part of it. :D

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:13 pm

JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 pm
JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:17 pm
I still think tickets for the hill should only be an option once the seating is full.
An unintended consequence will be people buying regular seats and choosing to sit on the hill thus making the seats look worse.

I get what you're trying to do, but that policy won't change human behavior, there are fans that choose to sit on the hill out of preference.
I wonder how many people buy hill tickets just to save $10, or think they can't buy in the other sections that show a YC donation as being required?
I have said the same thing myself. The seating charts on our ticket website are very confusing and could easily lead one to believe YC donations are required to purchase single game tickets.

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 am

One of the best stadiums in the G5 is Colorado State's. While we certainly don't need their capacity at this point, there are a few things I'd love to see us emulate at some point:

1. The way the empty seats spell RAMS. It would be cool to have a black and gold version that says APP and STATE on each side.

2. What looks to be a club area along the end zone in the lower level. This could be an option to increase premium seating down the road, should we still have demand.

3. The patio area behind one end zone. I'd love to see the area around our video board become something like this, eventually.

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 am

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 am
One of the best stadiums in the G5 is Colorado State's. While we certainly don't need their capacity at this point, there are a few things I'd love to see us emulate at some point:

1. The way the empty seats spell RAMS. It would be cool to have a black and gold version that says APP and STATE on each side.

2. What looks to be a club area along the end zone in the lower level. This could be an option to increase premium seating down the road, should we still have demand.

3. The patio area behind one end zone. I'd love to see the area above Miller Hill become something like this, eventually.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 am

SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:39 am
SayYesToTheRock wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:36 am

3. The patio area behind one end zone. I'd love to see the area above Miller Hill become something like this, eventually.

Certainly agree. We as fans, choose to go to the Rock over taking the easy road, staying at home and watching on TV/internet. Some like me drove 5 hours each way and watched all 7 home games last year at the Rock. Some like me, work full time jobs and have 2 kids in college. It is a matter of committing to support by being there. I challenge everyone to go to at least two more home games than they did last year. Go Apps! #trusttheballcap
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm

Are we going to have 9 home games next season? :lol:

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:04 pm

hapapp wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:55 pm
If you are going to 7, you have met the challenge. I congratulate you. :lol:
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:04 pm
hapapp wrote:
Last season was a record for me. Made it to 10 games.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:01 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Unless we find ourselves in a pretty tight geographically realigned conference I doubt I'll ever sniff my personal record of 112 straight home and away games attended (started with 2005 and didn't miss another one until the opener at MT in 2013). It was a hell of a run and I enjoyed every minute of it...stretching as tight and thin as I could the whole way to make it happen, but alas. I've missed no more than 3 games in a season since,
but have yet to have another perfect season, thanks to Idaho/NM State and damn weeknight games in places like Jonesboro and Lafayette. I've got my eyes set on changing that next season though - if ULM and TX State are scheduled as Saturday games then I think we're gonna go for it. Fingers-crossed.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:33 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:01 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Unless we find ourselves in a pretty tight geographically realigned conference I doubt I'll ever sniff my personal record of 112 straight home and away games attended (started with 2005 and didn't miss another one until the opener at MT in 2013). It was a hell of a run and I enjoyed every minute of it...stretching as tight and thin as I could the whole way to make it happen, but alas. I've missed no more than 3 games in a season since,
but have yet to have another perfect season, thanks to Idaho/NM State and damn weeknight games in places like Jonesboro and Lafayette. I've got my eyes set on changing that next season though - if ULM and TX State are scheduled as Saturday games then I think we're gonna go for it. Fingers-crossed.
Wow...that's impressive! Respect.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:58 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Hey Man - I believe you still owe me a drink for a couple of those tickets :D ;)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:03 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:58 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
TheMoody1 wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
Hey Man - I believe you still owe me a drink for a couple of those tickets :D ;)
Ha! You're probably right about that!

Appster99

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm

To get back to NEZ talk, I was in Boone today and couldn't not go by KBS. There was so much bitching about how far the building was from the field when the footings were being poured. I hope all you folks who were so quick to complain are looking at it now. If the seating continued along the same plain and went all the way to the ground, seating would end in the back of the endzone. The building is huge and the positioning is perfectly proportional. KBS is really going to be loud!

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:30 pm
To get back to NEZ talk, I was in Boone today and couldn't not go by KBS. There was so much bitching about how far the building was from the field when the footings were being poured. I hope all you folks who were so quick to complain are looking at it now. If the seating continued along the same plain and went all the way to the ground, seating would end in the back of the endzone. The building is huge and the positioning is perfectly proportional. KBS is really going to be loud!
Unrealistic people on this board? I’m surprised........

Note: Just a pinch of sarcasm in this post.
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

ComebackShack

Unread post by ComebackShack » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Only problem with that is according to renderings, it won’t go to the ground. It’s upper half only. The bottom half will feature a big glass window.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:42 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Only problem with that is according to renderings, it won’t go to the ground. It’s upper half only. The bottom half will feature a big glass window.
What is wrong with that? Who wants field level end zone seats anyway. I would rather be at least 20 feat above the field.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:55 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:34 pm
The bottom half will feature a big glass window.
I keep seeing people say this, but I haven't seen any renderings with a big glass window.

https://mountaineerimpact.com/end-zone- ... index.html

Scrolling through the renderings on the project site, all I see is a brick wall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”