Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Armanti's Last Game?

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Armanti's Last Game?

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Tonight the Argos close out another sub 500 season. They have drafted a couple of young and speedy receivers who have seen PT this season.
AE is possibly expendable now. His FB post earlier today said "One more game with my brothers"
He may be at the close of a fantastic football career. I'm hoping another CFL team or maybe an NFL team will pick him up. His current contract with Argos ends tonight.
He was "there" for us Thursday night. We can be there by TV tonight. He only needs 58 yards to reach a 1000 yard season. The QBs will be targeting him.
Go Mountaineer! Be the GOAT one more time!

WASU 93

Re: Armanti's Last Game?

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:16 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm
Tonight the Argos close out another sub 500 season. They have drafted a couple of young and speedy receivers who have seen PT this season.
AE is possibly expendable now. His FB post earlier today said "One more game with my brothers"
He may be at the close of a fantastic football career. I'm hoping another CFL team or maybe an NFL team will pick him up. His current contract with Argos ends tonight.
He was "there" for us Thursday night. We can be there by TV tonight. He only needs 58 yards to reach a 1000 yard season. The QBs will be targeting him.
Go Mountaineer! Be the GOAT one more time!
I would imagine that if he's done, he's done on his terms. He's in the top 15 in receptions and receiving yards and in the top 10 in the league in TD's. There's also no quit in his game. He grabbed a TD in the final minute of a game a few weeks ago for Toronto's only score in a blow out. He's really had three consecutive strong seasons and won a Grey Cup. After his stint in the NFL and being out a football for a while, he's put together a nice second career.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:12 pm

AE got the receiving yds needed to get him over 1000 for the year. He set his personal best in TD receptions with 7. If he does go out, he goes on the heels of his best year as a pro.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am

Armanti has been released by Toronto and into the CFL free agent pool. Toronto has signed a bunch of young WRs and Slotbacks so him returning there is marginal at best. Another CFL team could sign him. Or an NFL team could sign him post draft. Maybe he is ready to return to Boone and coach . Time will tell if the GOAT'S playing days are over.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am
Armanti has been released by Toronto and into the CFL free agent pool. Toronto has signed a bunch of young WRs and Slotbacks so him returning there is marginal at best. Another CFL team could sign him. Or an NFL team could sign him post draft. Maybe he is ready to return to Boone and coach . Time will tell if the GOAT'S playing days are over.
If he returns to Charlotte, I have a flag football team he can play on for 9 weeks a year...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NDavidsonApp

Unread post by NDavidsonApp » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:16 pm

According to an online report, Armanti has signed with the XFL. He may not be done yet!

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:42 pm

When he is done playing I would love to see him back on the mountain coaching.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Very few great players make great coaches.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:45 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:00 pm
Very few great players make great coaches.
I would agree with you to a degree. In my opinion greats at the professional level rarely become good coaches, but college greats to the coaching ranks is a completely different animal. The Head Ball Coach comes to mind, Pat Fitzgerald, Lovie Smith, Dan Reeves, Jim Harbaugh, Jack Del Rio and that's just head coaches. The assistant ranks are littered with former greats like John Settle, Eric Bieniemy, Kevin Smith, Ted Roof, Jim Leonhard, Tee Martin, Chris Weinke, so on and so forth.

My point is college success is not an indicator of failure in the coaching ranks.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:22 pm

AZAppGrad wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:42 pm
When he is done playing I would love to see him back on the mountain coaching.
Obviously his App days were long ago, but in those days he was the lead by example type. He was quiet. Maybe things have changed, but not sure he has the personality to become a coach??

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 pm

He personality in college was as you say but I believe his experience at QB and WR would serve him well as a coach, and maybe he is more vocal now that he has enjoyed success at the professional level. Also, his ability to successfully change positions and a CFL championship (along with his college record) would most certainly give him the credibility he would need. All of this is contingent on Armanti actually wanting to coach. He has proven that if he really wants to do something he most certainly can.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 pm

I know for a fact Armanti is interested in coaching once hes done playing. That said, I think hes more interested in coaching in the high school ranks.
tAPPedInSports.net

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:00 am

We all shouldn't forget what a huge time and life commitment college/pro coaching is. Its not just understanding the x's and o's. Its truly a lifestyle choice. Not everyone is up for that and I don't blame them. I could see him going the high school route as previously mentioned but I don't really see him coming back up the mountain. I think when hes done he we go be near family ore perhaps move to Charlotte to be near family but also alumni friends.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:51 am

It's true that very few great players become great coaches, BUT my theory is that is because many of them excel based on natural talents that can't be taught. Michael Jordan can't teach just any player to do what he did because very few can leap like he could, or have his natural athleticism.

Where AE is concerned, he is absolutely an athletic freak and that part can't be taught to a person who doesn't possess it naturally. I do believe that his success as a QB was a combination of that talent plus a monster work ethic. The reason his total yardage production increased every single year (very uncommon) is because he grew as a QB. As a senior he had a very balanced skill set. He was just as dangerous throwing as he was running. That cannot be said for the freshman Armanti who relied heavily on his legs to keep the chains moving. Mix into that his experience learning the WR and Punt return functions as a pro and I think he has a valuable set of tools for a coach.

I don't know if Armanti even WANTS to be a coach, but I'll just put it this way: If he decides that is what he wants, there is no way that I would bet against him! That is one seriously goal oriented man!

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:28 am

Well Armanti has signed an XFL contract. It will be interesting to see what team claims him and where he ends up.
Last edited by appsfan on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:39 am

appsfan wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:28 am
Well Armanti has signed an XFL contract. It will be interesting to see what team claims him and where he ends up.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him down in Tampa...
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”