Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Coastal Carolina...Monday. Go App!!!!!!!

MAD Doctor
School: Appalachian State

Re: Coastal Carolina...Monday. Go App!!!!!!!

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:32 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:24 pm
Are any students at the game? Announcer said Coastal has done whatever they want on offense? Dude they have 12 points!
Pep band and cheerleaders. Mostly geezers and kids. Our offense is just making theirs look better. We can’t hit 2 free throws in a row!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:46 pm

Just left their best player open for a three to end the half.

CCU wants this game more. So sad.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 pm

Well looks like Coastal is shooting like an NBA team again against us . . . I’m sure they will loose their next game by 15

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:48 pm

We are stinking this one up. I don’t get it , we blew them out by twenty awhile back , now we look like a team that wants the season to be over.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Like someone previously stated, lose tonight and forget any chance of post season play. At halftime it's not looking to promising, again.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:52 pm

This is pathetic all the way around. Zero atmosphere in the HCC (I was starting to wonder if the band was even there). No music. No lights. No fans. Deflated team. Kudos to Kerns on a winning season, but this is genuinely hard to watch. THIS is why no one goes to the games. It's garbage basketball and it's not fun to watch. I'm about to turn the TV off and clean the kitchen which will surely be more enjoyable.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:58 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:52 pm
This is pathetic all the way around. Zero atmosphere in the HCC (I was starting to wonder if the band was even there). No music. No lights. No fans. Deflated team. Kudos to Kerns on a winning season, but this is genuinely hard to watch. THIS is why no one goes to the games. It's garbage basketball and it's not fun to watch. I'm about to turn the TV off and clean the kitchen which will surely be more enjoyable.
Pretty good summary! Sad sights and sounds!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:12 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
The diehards are always going to go. And I think many of us here see the potential.

But Holmes being “packed” ain’t gonna happen until the team gives the fair weather fan a reason to be there. And that means:

- 20+ wins
- big wins at home when people do show up
- exciting basketball
- beating any name brand team

If the team can swing like, 2 of those, they will get more bodies in there. I know, I’ve seen it (15 years ago).
YNWA

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:17 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:12 pm
AppySprayberry wrote:
The diehards are always going to go. And I think many of us here see the potential.

But Holmes being “packed” ain’t gonna happen until the team gives the fair weather fan a reason to be there. And that means:

- 20+ wins
- big wins at home when people do show up
- exciting basketball
- beating any name brand team

If the team can swing like, 2 of those, they will get more bodies in there. I know, I’ve seen it (15 years ago).
I agree. But we don't need it to be packed to have a much better crowd than we currently do. My point is that nobody is going to show up for bad basketball and the experience of a high school game. Surely we could do something to improve the atmosphere even when the team isn't performing well, so that casual fans have a good time at games even when the product on the court isn't great.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:25 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
Chicken/Egg Spray. Hard to build atmosphere when fans won't show up. Hard to get fans to show up when you've got no atmosphere. I'm 3 hours away and still at work right now otherwise I would've driven up.

I came up for the game last weekend vs Coastal. There was a lights-out player introduction, games, and dance team performances. Just wondering (and I'm genuinely asking, not being snarky) what else you want to see from a programming standpoint?
Last edited by APPdiesel on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Lewis brings energy, thank you! Really need to work on free throws though.

agentpaul001

Unread post by agentpaul001 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:27 pm

Some big possessions coming up. I think if we take the lead we won’t give it up.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:32 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:25 pm
AppySprayberry wrote:
Chicken/Egg Spray. Hard to build atmosphere when fans won't show up. Hard to get fans to show up when you've got no atmosphere. I'm 3 hours away and still at work right now otherwise I would've driven up.

I came up for the game last weekend vs Coastal. There was a lights-out player introduction, games, and dance team performances. Just wondering (and I'm genuinely asking, not being snarky) what else you want to see from a programming standpoint?
More noise during the game would make a huge difference in my opinion, whether from an organist, the band, or just top 40 music. Louder/more enthusiastic announcing. Flashing lights of pretty much any kind. The things you mentioned are an awesome start, but I think more of these things during dead time, etc. would go a long way and keep the crowd engaged.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:32 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:

More noise during the game would make a huge difference in my opinion, whether from an organist, the band, or just top 40 music. Louder/more enthusiastic announcing. Flashing lights of pretty much any kind. The things you mentioned are an awesome start, but I think more of these things during dead time, etc. would go a long way and keep the crowd engaged.
Lol, don't say piped in music...you'll upset the football old timers.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:36 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:

No canned music at KBS. All the canned music we can muster at HCC.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:42 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm
AppySprayberry wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
AppySprayberry wrote:

Lol, don't say piped in music...you'll upset the football old timers.
I showed up for games faithfully during the Capel/Fox era... I believe I have earned a say in this :lol:

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:45 pm

:lol: You were doing the lord's work.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:47 pm

We hit half of our missed free throws we have a 10 point lead. Unbelievable.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Finally win a big game at home with a come from behind victory instead of losing a big lead in the 2nd half.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:55 pm

What a comeback!!
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”