Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Lead Guitarist for Fleetwood Mac Passes

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Lead Guitarist for Fleetwood Mac Passes

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:14 pm

From the Associated Press via Yahoo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fleetwood-ma ... 48992.html

British rock and blues guitarist Peter Green, a founding member of Fleetwood Mac, relaxes backstage before performing with his band, Peter Green's Splinter Group, at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill Saturday, April 7, 2001 in New York. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
PEOPLE GREEN
LONDON (AP) — Peter Green, the dexterous blues guitarist who led the first incarnation of Fleetwood Mac in a career shortened by psychedelic drugs and mental illness, has died at 73.

A law firm representing his family, Swan Turton, announced the death in a statement Saturday. It said he died “peacefully in his sleep″ this weekend. A further statement will be issued in the coming days.

Green, to some listeners, was the best of the British blues guitarists of the 1960s. B.B. King once said Green “has the sweetest tone I ever heard. He was the only one who gave me the cold sweats.”

Green also made a mark as a composer with “Albatross,” and as a songwriter with “Oh Well” and “Black Magic Woman.”
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: Lead Guitarist for Fleetwood Mac Passes

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:58 pm

I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, and though that mainly includes the White Album through the Extended Play EP lineup (with some mid 1990s tossed in without some of that lineup) I do enjoy all of the albums.

There are some crazy stories about some of the early members of the band and psychedelic drugs.

Oh Well was often played at concerts over the years and I think was on the set list on the last tour.

This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:09 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:58 pm
I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, and though that mainly includes the White Album through the Extended Play EP lineup (with some mid 1990s tossed in without some of that lineup) I do enjoy all of the albums.

There are some crazy stories about some of the early members of the band and psychedelic drugs.

Oh Well was often played at concerts over the years and I think was on the set list on the last tour.

I have a crush on Christie McVee especially when she sings and plays the keyboard with that burgandy blazer in one of their DVD's.
Such a sweet feminine voice and beautiful expression.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:17 pm

CM best songs are great. Instead of a FM album around 2017 Lindsey and Christine (with help from Mick and John) made a album of just the two of them. If you have not listened to this yet then you should. Lindsey did a lot of studio work to get her sounding better but it is a very good album in my view. I saw them twice that summer and in Raleigh her voice was a bit rough at first but later in the tour I was in NYC at a workshop and she sounded much better.

Christine was around FM while Peter Green was sill a part of it, though mostly one or the other was not credited with the work they did during this overlap of time in the band.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:59 am

Have seen them numerous times and have almost all their DVD's. What's interesting in a nefarious way is all the marriages they had withing the group as well as extramarital and non extramarital affairs within the group.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:05 pm

I had tickets to take my twins to see them in 09 in Greensboro. The show was cancelled as someone was sick. I still think they show was dropped due to low ticket sales as it could have been rescheduled at some point as that happens all the time.

I did not know until I got to the Coliseum and saw a rather empty parking lot.

We drove 10 minutes from the house but someone was there at the gate that came in from north of Roanoke. I felt bad for all of us, but I really felt bad for those that drove in from a long distance in the middle of the week.

Scipio
School: USC

Unread post by Scipio » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Since I am a USC fan I would like to point out the USC marching band, "Spirit of Troy" , recorded the song TUSK with Fleetwood Mac on said album and was awarded a platinum album by the band for their performance. The Spirit of Troy is the only collegiate band that has a platinum album. The band plays the song at every pep rally before the game and at the Coli. The drum section goes crazy in this song. FYI. If you would like to see a performance check out youtube where there are several videos of the band playing the song in different venues.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:18 pm

Scipio wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:29 pm
Since I am a USC fan I would like to point out the USC marching band, "Spirit of Troy" , recorded the song TUSK with Fleetwood Mac on said album and was awarded a platinum album by the band for their performance. The Spirit of Troy is the only collegiate band that has a platinum album. The band plays the song at every pep rally before the game and at the Coli. The drum section goes crazy in this song. FYI. If you would like to see a performance check out youtube where there are several videos of the band playing the song in different venues.
During The Dance concert that was filmed in 1997 they had the USC band play their part for Tusk and the USC band also plays on "Don't Stop." Of course it helped the DVD was filmed at Warners Bros studios in Burbank. Accounting for SoCal traffic that might have been a 3 hour drive but walking was a few blocks from campus. Warners Bros and their various labels such as Reprise has been the label for Fleetwood Mac for most of their existence, at least for distribution in the US.

Scipio
School: USC

Unread post by Scipio » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Thanks Mc. That was some details I was unaware of. I also forget to say the band in its performance changes the last three words of the song to "UC LA Sucks!"

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:06 pm

I should have posted this earlier.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Scipio wrote:
They marched in playing one of the Fleetwood Mac songs along with FMac in one of their concerts. It’s on one of their DVD’s. Astounding
Note, posted this before seeing your video. However this isn’t the one of them actually marching in. Thanks for showing my babe Christy, McL.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:26 pm
Scipio wrote:
They marched in playing one of the Fleetwood Mac songs along with FMac in one of their concerts. It’s on one of their DVD’s. Astounding
Note, posted this before seeing your video. However this isn’t the one of them actually marching in. Thanks for showing my babe Christy, McL.
This may be what you are thinking of it you are watching the entire show. I have Live in Boston DVD from the 05 tour and I don't think the USC band was there in Boston. I am not sure about the Mirage tour or the Tusk tour concert film. I know they had a documentary about making Tusk album but I don't remember more than concert footage spread throughout the documentary on that.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:34 am

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
Scipio wrote:
This may be what you are thinking of it you are watching the entire show. I have Live in Boston DVD from the 05 tour and I don't think the USC band was there in Boston. I am not sure about the Mirage tour or the Tusk tour concert film. I know they had a documentary about making Tusk album but I don't remember more than concert footage spread throughout the documentary on that.
That's not it. The one I'm talking about, it showed them marching in..pretty much the full band. I have the DVD somewhere along with most of the others.
\At any rate, thanks for the bit of Christie McVee. There is one in which she pretty much sang and played a solo. Burgandy blazer and all. Class.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:27 am

NewApp wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:34 am
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:27 pm
NewApp wrote:
Scipio wrote:
That's not it. The one I'm talking about, it showed them marching in..pretty much the full band. I have the DVD somewhere along with most of the others.
\At any rate, thanks for the bit of Christie McVee. There is one in which she pretty much sang and played a solo. Burgandy blazer and all. Class.
I am going to try and track this video down. I am on a few FM Facebook pages. Some of those people know more about FM that the members of the band know themselves.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Non-Appalachian General Discussion”