Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Our Players need our help NOW!

ASU843
School: Appalachian State

Re: Our Players need our help NOW!

Unread post by ASU843 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:26 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:11 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 pm
Governor Cooper is on the wrong side of this one. Call your governor (828) 914-2000
Nah. I think I’ll vote for him instead
My dissapointment has been his philosophy of "one size fits all" I think I'll vote for the other guy.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Who has done nothing but bow down
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm

Good god some of you have turned covid into an anti app conspiracy by the state gov.

SC has half the population of NC but the same number of reported cases and is currently trending up. It had little to do with the stadium it had more to do with the gas stations, the hotels, the restaurants that everyone would visit if they came into town. It not just about the stadium.

I would rather have a state gov that actually listens to people who know what they are talking about than say football needs to happen no matter what. The fact they are playing is good enough for me because I really didn’t know if it was going to happen. Its also on tv.

Edit: it’s annoying. I get it. I agree I want things to open but to ignore that we are still gaining more than 1,000 cases a day in NC is idiotic.

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:11 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:50 pm
Governor Cooper is on the wrong side of this one. Call your governor (828) 914-2000
Nah. I think I’ll vote for him instead
You know you could vote for him and admit he’s wrong in this instance. I know that’s crazy, but it’s possible.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:47 pm
The players families and App students should be allowed to attend with precautions in place. That’s a quarter to a third of the stadium.Cooper is appeasing those who would just as soon see college athletics die.
i think we live in a day of litigation and "extreme over-fairness/implied equality". If DG, his staff and App State can put a plan together, no much how careful they are and how much it makes sense; Then, every other college in NC has to be allowed to do it as well. And if college football can do it, why not other sports, high school, etc.

Hence, we get over legislated to the lowest common denominator and all suffer because some can't manage themselves.

Happens all the time in corporate America, where absurd, over-correcting policies are put in place vs. managing the problem at the source.
Bristol, NASCAR, and other College Football games this week have proven that it can be done. However, Cooper and the "Leaders" of the State of NC are scared to open that can of worms.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:31 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm
Good god some of you have turned covid into an anti app conspiracy by the state gov.

SC has half the population of NC but the same number of reported cases and is currently trending up. It had little to do with the stadium it had more to do with the gas stations, the hotels, the restaurants that everyone would visit if they came into town. It not just about the stadium.

I would rather have a state gov that actually listens to people who know what they are talking about than say football needs to happen no matter what. The fact they are playing is good enough for me because I really didn’t know if it was going to happen. Its also on tv.

Edit: it’s annoying. I get it. I agree I want things to open but to ignore that we are still gaining more than 1,000 cases a day in NC is idiotic.
Because, no one is visiting the Gas Stations, Restaurants, Hotels from outside of Boone now??? Have you visited the High Country this summer? Have you walked down King Street, hiked the local trails, visited Blowing Rock, Boone, or tried to get a tee time? People are already coming to town, eating in restaurants, shopping, hiking, riding the Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster (until it was errantly closed, because it was classified as an Amusement Park). The Stadium is probably the only thing not operating in Boone at this point.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:35 pm

There is no liability on the State’s behalf for a voluntary activity.Beyond that there is “Sovereign Immunity “.Cooper is playing a political hand , for all its worth. The pandemic has to remain the top news story in his re-election bid. He’s working hard to keep it that way.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:10 pm

If he is doing all of this to help his reelection does he know all you guys hate him? - if so, he is needs a change of strategy
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:28 pm

BTK2000 wrote:

I, for one, am sick of hearing about the "number of cases". Yes, there's a virus going around, yes it's contagious, but 98%+ people who get it have cold/flu symptoms for a few days and it's over. Can you imagine if we tested for the flu or the common cold like we do Covid??? OMG the number of cases would be astronomical!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:34 pm

BTK2000 wrote:

These states (KY, SC, GA, LA, AL, TX) allow some fans in the stands but, all have more COVID cases per capita compared to NC. Would you be in favor of Gov. Cooper prohibiting all NC residents from making a road trip to see App State play football at any or all away games? :D
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppJack89

Unread post by AppJack89 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:24 pm

Thank you Appst1992, finally some common sense.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Watching some BYU and Navy. Impossible not for the game to feel like a scrimmage. Not even simulated crowd noise

BurkeGrad

Unread post by BurkeGrad » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm

roachgone wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:40 am
I am ready to go to Raleigh about outdoor venues like football games. All the schools in the state need to rally fans . Ok in other states why not here? Getting REAL obvious!
Have you forgotten some states don’t have football? We need to appreciate what we do have. Attendance with limited capacity may still happen in October. I am okay with players having a limited number of tickets, 2 or 3 per game, for family members if allowed by the Governor’s office.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:54 am

BurkeGrad wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm
roachgone wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:40 am
I am ready to go to Raleigh about outdoor venues like football games. All the schools in the state need to rally fans . Ok in other states why not here? Getting REAL obvious!
Have you forgotten some states don’t have football? We need to appreciate what we do have. Attendance with limited capacity may still happen in October. I am okay with players having a limited number of tickets, 2 or 3 per game, for family members if allowed by the Governor’s office.
I think the NCAA allows 4 tickets per student/athlete.
Bring Your A Game!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:09 pm

I called the governor 919-814-2000 and asked if his office would at least allow parents in the stadium to see their son play football. She said she would pass my message along. I hope others will call in as well. Thanks in advance for helping.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:33 pm

In GA we seem to be living fine. There are some cases running around but the world continues to move on. The population of GA is a little more but similar to NC. If Cooper is so wise and we are so stupid, why are we still alive? The answer is he is wrong. The speed limit is a risk agreement by the people. We could set it low and have no deaths but we all agree that some risk is acceptable to live our lives. We have to do the same for this virus.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:37 pm

Got a solution, looting at KBS this Saturday from 12:00pm until around 4:00pm. All looters are encouraged to loot for the entire time period. Any looters leaving before the end of the scheduled looting will be shamed. There will be no refreshments, no cups and no ice. Refreshments are bring your own. There will also be a pre-looting information and hydration session in the area directly around KBS. The start time for this must attend event is 7:30am. You just have to think outside the box!!!!

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:47 pm

Cooper is an assclown.

Let the parents watch their kids live out their dreams in person.

Parents should just show up on Saturday in the name of looting and protesting, doesn't seem to be any issues with that mindset.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Don’t bother calling the governor. I called and asked to speak to someone about no fans at games. The girl said there was no one to refer to except local health departments. Really? So I got connected to Guilford co health department. The woman said are you kidding me, the governor’s office referred you to us. She said we have no say on governor’s rule. So tax payers can’t even talk to the dictator who issues these edicts. We are the only school in our conference that doesn’t allow fans. My church seats 1300 and we are having services with distancing for 250 registered people. So a sanctuary with 1300 seats can have 250 but a stadium with 30,000 to 50,000 can have only 50!! We are being controlled by a dictator. If we don’t get rid of this moron in Raleigh our schools, businesses and way of life is toast.Vote for Forrest!!

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”