Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Articles post UNCC

NavyApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Articles post UNCC

Unread post by NavyApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 am

The "Observer" article is laughable at best. Concord will play us harder than anyone else this is a fact. They have grown as a program over the last five years but their current trajectory is ala NC State (between 4-8 wins every year), medicority is their tradition and aspiration. Their fans belief that their proximity to a large TV market should correlate with a high level football program is obtuse. A winning program is forged through hard work and commitment to know who you are and where you want to go. So they can keep throwing parties in the locker room, they can keep their trendy slogans, they can keep talking that talk. We will continue to win championships, continue to raise our ceiling and profile by being us, holding ourselves accountable and pushing forward always.

As for the photo by the TE group, at best it was misguided. Clark will handle it, this I have no doubts of. We all know worse things are said/done in locker rooms post game; but you never put it on the internet. Our guys are better than that.

With all that said let's put this in the books and turn our focus to Marshall.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:16 am

Imagine that, a journalist sensationalizing APPsolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Whether you agree with the hand gesture or not, the least these so-called professional journalist could do is dig a bit deeper and realize the TE’s have been using this hand gesture since at least Spring ball. It stands for #TErrorSquad.

Club LLLit drink special: TEARS
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:29 am

"As for the photo by the TE group, at best it was misguided. Clark will handle it, this I have no doubts of. We all know worse things are said/done in locker rooms post game; but you never put it on the internet. Our guys are better than that."

Misguided indeed! If you're going to make a T use your index finger, not the middle finger. Or, your whole hand, like calling a time out. Think damn it Think!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:26 am

Why? Why post the dad gum picture?

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:38 am

In a game of unforced errors, the picture is the final one

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:56 am

The pearls are being clutched...
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 am

moonshine wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:16 am
Imagine that, a journalist sensationalizing APPsolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Whether you agree with the hand gesture or not, the least these so-called professional journalist could do is dig a bit deeper and realize the TE’s have been using this hand gesture since at least Spring ball. It stands for #TErrorSquad.

Club LLLit drink special: TEARS
The Charlotte Observer was once a really good paper but I have not bought it in years. I would not call that writer a journalist. A journalist is a professional not only in that they are paid but they get the entire story, have their facts straight, don't present an agenda but just present the facts, and sports writer does not ignore a program in their state until it is bad news. None of that applies to this writer, whose name I will not mention. He is a UNC fan who lets it show and is not a professional. He really should print a retraction on the front page but I'm sure it will never be printed or put on one of the back couple pages in the corner where very few will see it. lol

dlh71

Unread post by dlh71 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Would someone please post the clip shown on tv of the clt player going crazy on the field in pregame. It should add some balance to this. I was offended by it and hope it got our players full attention.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Truth be told I had a good bit of respect for Will Healey up until yesterday. His begging for calls and running up and down the side line was juvenile at best, obnoxious for sure. I'm not happy with anything that is suspect posted on social media by our young men, but film of a grown a$$ man with his shirt off at a make believe club that is never "lit" is more concerning to me than a few teenage to early 20's young fellows representing the Terror Squad.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Meh. You know what Niners mean to me?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:32 pm

AppDub wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm
Truth be told I had a good bit of respect for Will Healey up until yesterday. His begging for calls and running up and down the side line was juvenile at best, obnoxious for sure. I'm not happy with anything that is suspect posted on social media by our young men, but film of a grown a$$ man with his shirt off at a make believe club that is never "lit" is more concerning to me than a few teenage to early 20's young fellows representing the Terror Squad.
I watched the Bahamas bowl last year. I remember announcers telling a story how Healey went up to some Buffalo players at the pool and started asking them about their thoughts on the upcoming game and Charlotte team, but he did not identify himself as the Charlotte coach, held himself out as a tourist on vacation. The game announcers told the story as an example of how young Healey looks and that he doesn't seem like a head coach. I immediately thought that sounded so Bush league to me. Why would an opposing coach ever approach players from another team and not first, immediately identify himself and second, wish them well and luck in upcoming game??? Just sounded so immature to me.

I'm all about being a "players coach", but personally think that "club lit" thing is a little over the top and amateurish...but then again maybe I'm just getting old. 😁

As far as the picture our players posted, that is a horrible look and Clark needs to address that immediately. Win with class, lose with dignity.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:30 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm
Meh. You know what Niners mean to me?
The same they do to me? N O T H I N G...NOTHING...APPSOLUTELY NOTHING?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm

Are we still talking about this picture? I’m all about sportsmanship for sure but I’m failing to see why everyone is so upset. I’d argue their head coach dancing with our mascot head on was much worse. To me it looks like a budding rivalry. If we have guys getting ejected and things Of that nature then we can have this talk.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm

APP93 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:32 pm
AppDub wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm
I watched the Bahamas bowl last year. I remember announcers telling a story how Healey went up to some Buffalo players at the pool and started asking them about their thoughts on the upcoming game and Charlotte team, but he did not identify himself as the Charlotte coach, held himself out as a tourist on vacation. The game announcers told the story as an example of how young Healey looks and that he doesn't seem like a head coach. I immediately thought that sounded so Bush league to me. Why would an opposing coach ever approach players from another team and not first, immediately identify himself and second, wish them well and luck in upcoming game??? Just sounded so immature to me.

I'm all about being a "players coach", but personally think that "club lit" thing is a little over the top and amateurish...but then again maybe I'm just getting old. 😁

As far as the picture our players posted, that is a horrible look and Clark needs to address that immediately. Win with class, lose with dignity.
When I first heard about it I wanted to see how it looks. I saw the video and it looked like a gay strip club party to me. I don't know about you but if my son was partying with his topless coach I would think that is a bit creepy. It is also very amateurish.

I'm glad we kept their sign. They have some good fans but so many who think their crap doesn't stick and are better than us despite never winning anything. They are too young of a program to think they are hot stuff. I hope they win CUSA anyway though because it helps our SOS.

RunawayJM

Unread post by RunawayJM » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:44 pm

Waaahhhh. It’s football, win and back up
Your trash talk or deal with it when you talk smack and lose.

And speaking of losing, should Charlotte win one and a while for this to be considered a rivalry?

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Lord knows the broadcast crew liked Healey. One more reference about how exciting he is and how his players love his positivity and I think I would have barfed. When the camera panned to Coach Clark, I was glad to see nothing more than quiet confidence. Thats called acting like you've been there. He will address the picture. He will have them ready for Marshall. He will represent Appstate well.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:25 pm

The best quote I've seen in an article so far is from ESPN:

...But while the top echelon of the sport muddled through a patchwork Saturday, America was treated to arguably the most surprising development of a surreal 2020: The country's best conference so far is the Sun Belt.

Finally some respect.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:20 pm

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Oh lord. Real rival teams talk way more shite than this. Big hairy deal. I still remember watching the Charlotte team (including coaches) dancing around on the sidelines last year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”